[OMSI 2] BotW 2 (pre-refresh) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
j-N2OMiq63i4h2LOXSPR_W8hc3iCJ-o3.png

Welcome back to 'Buses of the Westcountry' - in this second edition of the map. This thread will document changes as they happen, contributed to by people working on the map.

What's new in BotW 2?

• Collaboration - BotW is now a UKDT project. Totnes has been rebuilt by Whistlehead while I redo Paignton. Other members may join later
  • Huge improvements to the look and feel of the map
  • This will now be a network style map - with Cotterell being added on in the future at the other end of a long motorway
  • The entire map is being either replaced or refurbished

Please be patient - this map is far from its next update. This map pre-dates OMSI 2, so there are endemic issues which need to be resolved in addition to building the map.

Live Streams

I often stream while I build the map, as does Whistlehead. Subscribe to our channels:

j-N2OMiq63i4h2LOXSPR_W8hc3iCJ-o3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
g8bgJE33vwLO0yFMvdkwi0h-LA3TclAD.png

New depot building buit, but not yet in situ (as I don't have the Paignton end of the map). Features refuelling, washing and inspection pits! (which you can't fall into because making the terrain invisible for the holes doesn't actually stop you from colliding with it...

I'll probably release this individually before BotW 2 - it has a sign which can be changed without repainting the whole model, so it can change to whatever you prefer.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I've tweaked Totnes town centre by moving the roundabout, adding a hill and putting in buildings and a monument from the real Totnes. Happier with it now :)

CbTJF1-C2-zHsyKNYfI8XHMviIqhHcbb.png

I've also started working on the route the X35 uses to continue on to Totnes Parkway (the new train station).

CbTJF1-C2-zHsyKNYfI8XHMviIqhHcbb.png

Neither of these areas is quite finished yet, but I thought you'd like to see the progress :)

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I have to say that this is becoming one of the best looking maps I've ever seen! :)  

Ta very much! :) It wouldn't be going very far without some of your buildings. Actually, it might not even be worth doing without them. Now there's an odd thought.

Here's one I forgot. I put in a model of the East Gate Arch:

x9hMN-DDlwp6liYqck79gNy8VSVGzM2G.png

You'll look straight down this road as you exit the bus station. This finally has the real character of Totnes, I reckon

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Ta very much! :) It wouldn't be going very far without some of your buildings. Actually, it might not even be worth doing without them. Now there's an odd thought.

Here's one I forgot. I put in a model of the East Gate Arch:

KUABU9EpA69cdnUKHnnbzD8mV01YLIFN.png

You'll look straight down this road as you exit the bus station. This finally has the real character of Totnes, I reckon

Now this looks like it will be fun! Great work, loving the flags!

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Well there's a quality < --- > quantity scale in OMSI you cannot avoid. BotW will not be as detailed as Cotterell, but I certainly learned lessons building it and will apply them to BotW 2. I'd like the same level of quality and am aiming for that, but it's just not practical. It took 6 months to build a 15 minute route for Cotterell - the 35 in BotW is twice that long, and the P&R is the same again.

Reactions: Unitt
Mar 26, 2016
BOTW is still quite detailed from my opinion, like BOTW 1 is so nice to just hop on and have a drive, I really can't wait for BOTW 2 as it's going to add more fun to the game, if you get where I'm coming from.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread