[OMSI 2] BotW 2 (pre-refresh) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I am not a member of UKDT Staff but I can 100% tell you it will be the C400R as the AI buses in BOTW 2.

Well, watch this space...

Also, if anyone missed the announcement in the BotW LE thread, BotW 2 as it stands is being dropped and started afresh. What has been made so far is being incorporated into an expanded Legacy Edition, and BotW 2 will take flight as a brand new map with higher standards of realism - think Cotterell, but even better :)

We've made this decision partly as we were hanging halfway between realism and fictionality with our map plan, and because it didn't make sense any more to be working on a map which has its roots stuck in OMSI 1, with tile compatibility issues aplenty.

Reactions: Lukeo

Advertisement

Advertisement

Nov 4, 2016
Here's a suggestion, on the motorway b/w Cotterell and Botw, there can be exits and new towns between them, new routes wil serve these town. and cotterell and botw will be like two cities far away from each toher but with a motorway :D

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
We already have a mental plan of what we're doing. To reiterate, we're recreating the Westcountry (basically everything West of a line between Bath and Weymouth), in reduced scale. Think of ATS or ETS2. However, the difference is that the central areas of key towns will be 1:1 scale. Just like ATS, there will be minor towns along the way which you could potentially visit - for example we're not modelling Exeter right now, but you will visit the service station on the M5.

In order to sit with Cotterell (being a 99% realistic map), the Totnes-Paignton part of the map is being removed entirely so that it can be recreated realistically. In addition, we will rebrand Cotterell to Bath. The new features I made for BotW 2 in the Totnes-Paignton area have been ported over to BotW 1 Legacy Edition.

junaid1510

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/QB5bbH4gv9
Oct 20, 2016
Willesden, London
We already have a mental plan of what we're doing. To reiterate, we're recreating the Westcountry (basically everything West of a line between Bath and Weymouth), in reduced scale. Think of ATS or ETS2. However, the difference is that the central areas of key towns will be 1:1 scale. Just like ATS, there will be minor towns along the way which you could potentially visit - for example we're not modelling Exeter right now, but you will visit the service station on the M5.

In order to sit with Cotterell (being a 99% realistic map), the Totnes-Paignton part of the map is being removed entirely so that it can be recreated realistically. In addition, we will rebrand Cotterell to Bath. The new features I made for BotW 2 in the Totnes-Paignton area have been ported over to BotW 1 Legacy Edition.
so will this effect te release date you had in mind

Nov 4, 2016

Interesting! So will Exeter be available on release or not? And from Maps, Weymouth is pretty far from the M5 (even with scale reduction). I hope Bristol will get modelled into as in the Cotterell map the other part of the Bus Station was pretty much "wasted" hence I hope that in BOTW 2 it will be more fun!

Am I right to say that Bath, Paignton, Weymouth and majority of the towns on the left will be constructed? and I didn't realise Botw 1 was a real map lol.. oops!

Tentatively, when will the map be completed? My educated guess is a year later, this is a huge map. Here comes Ahlheim Laurenzbach RHD lol
upload_2016-11-30_22-27-18.png

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread