[OMSI 2] BotW 2 (pre-refresh) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMarkeh

UK Omsi Magazine Founder
Banned Member
Apr 1, 2016
Chester, UK
Iomex, I dont know if it motivates you any more but I know that it works for me. I would release small bits and upgrades to the map like say just link the current Totnes to your upgraded Paignton and like release it in more stages. That way more people are happy about the whole thing and give good comments therefore motivating you to do more. Not saying you are unmotivated or anything, I am just thinking of an idea. It does all look great and we are all looking forward to it. It may take a while but it all pays off in the end with all the comments about how amazing it is

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
No I'm just suffering from exhaustion at the moment. I've actually been staring at my computer for over an hour now not doing anything haha. I don't even have the energy to play games.

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Naaaah, we're not in the map making game for money, though I appreciate that you think it's worth it :)

We're all just a bit Cotterell-ed out at the moment... plus we're considering what's the best thing for us to move onto next. We have a vague idea of wanting to do quarter-yearly map releases/expansions (no promises though), and we're working out what the best thing to work towards is :)

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
I've decided to simplify the junction between Paignton town centre and the zoo to reduce polygons - basically now there is no pedestrian subway and the ground follows the road. This eliminates a lot of curved splines:

U-hj9LwQ89drwYzsWLInDmnXqnL2V2b5.jpeg

Just down from here, I've reconstructed the road to make it more efficient (also I wasn't happy with the look of it):

The Ikea building is temporary until I sort out a supermarket building object.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
I've decided to simplify the junction between Paignton town centre and the zoo to reduce polygons - basically now there is no pedestrian subway and the ground follows the road. This eliminates a lot of curved splines:

Just down from here, I've reconstructed the road to make it more efficient (also I wasn't happy with the look of it):

The Ikea building is temporary until I sort out a supermarket building object.

Looks good. However, I think the Ikea looks good there so I am thinking maybe you should keep it there. But its up to you.

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Started work on a hospital, which re-uses the area at the Park & Ride, which has been resited to a more realistic, smaller site round the corner (as part of works to improve the ring road area at the top of the route):

YAws68WJvkV-aKuVNpw31rvCl3FAdGDI.jpeg

At the front of the hospital, there's a trading estate over the road:

And behind this, a short 2 minute drive is the new Park & Ride site, based on the one on Sidmouth Road in Exeter:

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Started work on a hospital, which re-uses the area at the Park & Ride, which has been resited to a more realistic, smaller site round the corner (as part of works to improve the ring road area at the top of the route):

fjYf_DmJGnkUplt9nPDBoSkCAwl2yDyE.jpeg

At the front of the hospital, there's a trading estate over the road:

And behind this, a short 2 minute drive is the new Park & Ride site, based on the one on Sidmouth Road in Exeter:

Oh nice, just seen this, impeccable work!

Advertisement

iMarkeh

UK Omsi Magazine Founder
Banned Member
Apr 1, 2016
Chester, UK
Sorry to be really cheeky but can I have a percentage completion thing. I am looking for individual areas like Paignton, Totnes, Berry Pomeroy, Whitehill ect. By the way, if I can help with any signs ect, I will do. I am quite good at making textures for signs if you need them. I recently made train station signs for a TS2016 route. 

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
We don't really have such a thing as a percentage completion, only a general idea - there's always more to do. The Paignton local services area is the closest to completion. Berry Pomeroy is probably somewhere in the vicinity of halfway there, maybe? Totnes isn't close, and nowhere else has been started yet. That's as good an estimate as I can give you, I'm afraid

iMarkeh

UK Omsi Magazine Founder
Banned Member
Apr 1, 2016
Chester, UK
We don't really have such a thing as a percentage completion, only a general idea - there's always more to do. The Paignton local services area is the closest to completion. Berry Pomeroy is probably somewhere in the vicinity of halfway there, maybe? Totnes isn't close, and nowhere else has been started yet. That's as good an estimate as I can give you, I'm afraid

Thank you for your swift reply. I cant wait for this route and I am sure I speak for a lot of people. Will the Paignton BETA be released to everyone to test at some point as I have seen videos but I dont have enough youtube subs.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
That was only a short term thing and I've had no end of problems for it as a result, so I'll only be distributing preview copies when there are stable updates. I am thinking of seperating Paignton from the rest of the map temporarily as it is the area closest to completion, mind.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
That was only a short term thing and I've had no end of problems for it as a result, so I'll only be distributing preview copies when there are stable updates. I am thinking of seperating Paignton from the rest of the map temporarily as it is the area closest to completion, mind.

I'd support that as a decision. It's the best way to get a high quality multi-line UK map out there. Then we can start bulking out BotW 2 with expansion updates - first Totnes, then Bath, then heading out west

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
OK well I've been focussing all my efforts recently on the P&R corridor anyway, but what I'll do is say that I'll carry on, then once it is at a stage it can be tied off, I'll do P&R routes 1 and 2 as a standalone map, then we can add the 35 to it once the other end of the map has been done. At least that way something gets released sometime soon.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread