Omsi 2 AI List groups not showing up. [solved] (1 Viewer)

I am trying to make a new style ai list for map Hong Kong West Kowloon so I can have seperate ai groups for cars and trucks.

As far as im aware i've formatted it correctly (other people have confirmed) but the new ai list is not working (in the editor the different groups dont show up in traffic rules so I cant ban trucks on certain roads etc, in game the ai cars dont load and all ai becomes the ALX500 [presumably because it is the first vehicle mentioned in the whole AI list]).

So I am wondering if maybe I should of done somthing more than just putitng the new ai list in the new format, as all I did was just replace the old one with the new.

Attatched is the original ai list and then my one and hopefully someone with more experience can figure somthing out.

Attachments

• ailists_original.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 32
  • ailists.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 33
Solution
Thanks for the advice but I managed to solve it earlier after lots of messing around. I think the only reason the alx500 was everywhere was because the ai traffic groups wernt working so it just took the first vehicle mentioned in the ai list which was the alx.

No idea why the vehicle groups are suddenly recognised though as I didnt change the formatting for them apart from putting a blank line after the last entry and -[end]. Doubt that was why it works but whatever, it works now :)
Omsi is a strange beast. ????

Moskie

Fixing timetables brb
Jan 16, 2016
This may not help at all, but I've found one thing OMSI can occasionally kick up a fuss about is the text file format or if there's not space before and after the code it's reading.

Make sure your text file is encoded ANSI (which you can do in the SaveAs menu)

Add 3, maybe 4 'Enters' right at the beginning and right at the very end of the ailist.

This alone is quite unlikely to fix the ALX500s everywhere problem though!

Advertisement

This may not help at all, but I've found one thing OMSI can occasionally kick up a fuss about is the text file format or if there's not space before and after the code it's reading.

Make sure your text file is encoded ANSI (which you can do in the SaveAs menu)

Add 3, maybe 4 'Enters' right at the beginning and right at the very end of the ailist.

This alone is quite unlikely to fix the ALX500s everywhere problem though!

Thanks for the advice but I managed to solve it earlier after lots of messing around. I think the only reason the alx500 was everywhere was because the ai traffic groups wernt working so it just took the first vehicle mentioned in the ai list which was the alx.

No idea why the vehicle groups are suddenly recognised though as I didnt change the formatting for them apart from putting a blank line after the last entry and -[end]. Doubt that was why it works but whatever, it works now :)

Moskie

Fixing timetables brb
Jan 16, 2016

Omsi is a strange beast. ????

• Haha
Reactions: OofBerry
Solution
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread