Official from Logitech: The new PC Racing Wheel! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
So following on from my thread a few weeks ago about the leaked pictures of the G27 replacement, Logitech have just announced the G29 & G920 wheels! Both look pretty much the same, difference being the G29 works only with PS3, and the G920 is for PC & Xbox One!

It is however confirmed in the specifications for the G29 that whilst designed for the PS4, will also work with PC, so if you want the extra few buttons and the spinning dial, then that's fine! Both are currently selling at the same price of $399.99USD.

G29:
g29-racing-wheel.png

G920:

g920-racing-wheel.png

If you want a stick shifter similar to the one currently seen with the G25/G27 range, then you need to buy that separately, that's supported by both the G29 and the G920 - bit of a downside I guess but for some people the shifters on the back of the wheel do the job just fine. It's not unlikely to think that they will be sold in a bundle in the future :p

logitech-driving-force-shifter.png

Full specification and pre-orders can be found by following the links below :)

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g29-driving-force
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g920-driving-force
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/driving-force-shifter

*All pictures belong to Logitech

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Still going to run my £26 Driving Force Pro to the ground before I consider new hardware. Bought it pretty much like new bar some dust and wear on the rubber, it was a steal considering they retail for £140 odd still. If I was to buy new hardware though I'd totally customize it with a real steering wheel, the button box I plan on making and the only thing I'd leave stock would be the shifter. :P

Thanks for sharing @Max, good find!

Advertisement

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
What I'm interested in knowing is if the shifter will work with a different wheel, like the Driving Force GT I have.. Even though there's no clutch if it connects with USB then it should do. Not sure I want to spent $60 to find out though :P

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
As he said in the video, why bother replacing your G25/7 if it works perfectly well with this? I wouldn't replace my DFP for it; especially since it doesn't come with the H shifter! :p

Unless you're looking to upgrade from the DFGT at some point, then the G29 + Shifter is the same as a G27 so why not :P

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Unless you're looking to upgrade from the DFGT at some point, then the G29 + Shifter is the same as a G27 so why not :p
I almost didn't believe you when you said the G29 + Shifter is equal to a G27 until I searched for myself! If I was upgrading from the DFP though, I'd probably get my money's worth with a Thrustmaster and one of their H-shifters. Much more robust, higher quality but more expensive, still for added realizm though with better reviews than Logitech hardware.

Advertisement

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
US
www.ptvtc.com
What I'm interested in knowing is if the shifter will work with a different wheel, like the Driving Force GT I have.. Even though there's no clutch if it connects with USB then it should do. Not sure I want to spent $60 to find out though :p

I have a driving force GT with the Thrustmaster TH8a Shifter. Works just fine. I just use the D-pad on the wheel for clutch. :D:p

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread