Maps [Official DLC] Wuppertal (£19.49) (1 Viewer)

Will you buy this dlc

• Yes

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 47 61.0%
  • Wait for reviews

Votes: 23 29.9%

• Total voters
If you haven't already noticed, The creators of Gladbeck, Metropole Ruhr and Majorca are creating a Wuppertal map. Here is the Facebook page, Steam and Aerosoft link
https://www.facebook.com/omsimapgladbeck/

OMSI 2 Add-on Wuppertal
Just want to know what your opinions on this new map is. :)
(Edit) Turns out that the person (Darius Bode|) that made Hamburg and Chicago is doing it as well.

Last edited:

Advertisement

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
If you haven't already noticed, The creators of Gladbeck, Metropole Ruhr and Majorca are creating a Wuppertal map. Here is the Facebook page, Steam and Aerosoft link
https://www.facebook.com/omsimapgladbeck/

OMSI 2 Add-on Wuppertal
Just want to know what your opinions on this new map is. :)
(Edit) Turns out that the person (Darius Bode|) that made Hamburg and Chicago is doing it as well.

Yet another Citaro....
Yet another bad map,
Yet another waste of £19.99

Another project from Kevin & Co. Initial verdict; stay away.
Cheap quality, lack of effort (displayed by the use of the Citaro). Points for inventiveness, just gives them a chance to hide the poor quality if you ask me.
I could be wrong, it could be great, but I'm certainly not betting on it.
It seems Kevin has got himself a bit of a reputation for now...

JosieJump

Robloxian & Omsi Enthusiast
Banned Member
Jul 24, 2017
After playing for a bit, it is a nice map. A bit laggy and the monorail AI is all over the place. None of the AI trains care about eachother and drive through eachother. Then you have the fact they stop randomly and not in the station. The AI trains only have the driving vehicle as well and don't have the 'tail'. Very nice once the bugs are sorted.

BigOmsiFan

The Real Guy, The Best Guy, Known as ButteredToast
Mar 19, 2016
Blackpool
After playing for a bit, it is a nice map. A bit laggy and the monorail AI is all over the place. None of the AI trains care about eachother and drive through eachother. Then you have the fact they stop randomly and not in the station. The AI trains only have the driving vehicle as well and don't have the 'tail'. Very nice once the bugs are sorted.

Sounds like its very unfinished and yet another money grab...

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Hi!
I knew about this DLC for a few days now, but I just now took a look at the trailer on the Steam page, and literally in the 2nd in-game sequence, I saw something very weird. Just look at the field, it's got a paved concrete texture instead of a normal field texture.
But if that's all that's wrong with it, yeah, eventually I'll probably purchase it, some day...

Reactions: FD&CO

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
For nearly £20 you'd probably either get:
a smaller or less detailed map which doesn't have enough to warrant paying £19.49, or
a bigger or super detailed map which is so heavy on PC resources it doesn't run properly on decent settings, thus making it not worth £19.49

You could almost get another copy of OMSI 2 for that much come to think of it.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I think before OMSI jumped on the DLC waggon, a stable base game would of been nice. I will probably be tranquilised for this but OMSI as a whole is great, superb but the game engine is really bad. We've put up with it for a long time and I am yet to see anything better.

Anyhow with the addon, I was curious to know how the C2 would handle as Darius' buses feel very wooden when driving, compared to every other bus made for OMSI. But one thing I like with Kevin is that he adds diversions and features to his maps to keep them alive. I for one love the SB91, full of traffic, long and the NE2 is a quieter version of this with a great timetable. I like Germany so any addon map is a welcome but for this one. It sounds if not worse!

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
I think before OMSI jumped on the DLC waggon, a stable base game would of been nice.
I'm fairly sure Marcel has no say in DLC creation - Aerosoft want to milk OMSI it seems, hence the huge jump with DLC. They stopped work on it in 2014, when they decided to rebrand as Oriolus Software, and start creating LOTUS.

We've put up with it for a long time and I am yet to see anything better.
LOTUS seems to be the brighter future, currently. The core of it is there, and they want to be better than OMSI. Since its the same people, I have high hopes. Content creation for it is much better. I get the feeling it won't be as DLC ridden, because they've said themselves that they want more people to do freeware instead of payware, and even then the payware has to be a set quality, and judged by the LOTUS team.

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
£19.49 is far too much to pay for a DLC. This is why communities like this one exist, to upgrade and enhance the game for little to no cost.
You do realise most DLCs retail for around that price. You can't expect to have payware content at such a low price. Most DLCs tend to come with a lot of custom assets and scripts, often justifying it's pricing. I think £19.49 is a very decent price for a DLC, providing it has the content to back it up. Also remember that the £19.49 doesn't only go to the developer, it's split between the distrubtor and any other 3rd party involved in the said project.

I'm fairly sure Marcel has no say in DLC creation - Aerosoft want to milk OMSI it seems, hence the huge jump with DLC. They stopped work on it in 2014, when they decided to rebrand as Oriolus Software, and start creating LOTUS.

LOTUS seems to be the brighter future, currently. The core of it is there, and they want to be better than OMSI. Since its the same people, I have high hopes. Content creation for it is much better. I get the feeling it won't be as DLC ridden, because they've said themselves that they want more people to do freeware instead of payware, and even then the payware has to be a set quality, and judged by the LOTUS team.
To be fair, those who have released DLCs with Aerosoft/in the process of releasing DLCs have had contracts with Aerosoft for a long period of time. I've not seen them issuing out any new contracts, recently. Marcel also does have a say in the DLCs. Marcel provides the DLC developer with a special encrypter specifically for their project, there are a few exceptions however. I wouldn't put it all on Aerosoft

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North

Good as payware being decided by the community isnt the best method at best. We all want to be paid for our work and our time but if the quality is questionable then no

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread