Buses [Official DLC] Studio Polygon Lite Pack (£13.50) (2 Viewers)

Advertisement

Is there a known problem with the destination displays on the hybrid (HEV) version, just used it for the first time and the front and back(Full width) are only using half the width of the display (destination & number squeezed over to left half), plus the side display has the bottom line of dots overlapping in to the top line.

Reactions: FirstEnviro

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Is there a known problem with the destination displays on the hybrid (HEV) version, just used it for the first time and the front and back(Full width) are only using half the width of the display (destination & number squeezed over to left half), plus the side display has the bottom line of dots overlapping in to the top line.
Cheers for this detailed report, this has allowed me to fix this for the next update.

Evening, First let me just say that I do like this DLC a lot and I can appreciate the amount of work that went into the DLC, not just the V1 but this complete rebuild update as well and if the issues I am about to mention can be addressed or advice given if I am doing something wrong then that would be great The issues I am having are with the LHD version both the single and dual door versions. The first issue I am having is with the ticket machine, the default ticket machine does not work at all on any LHD map and no matter what setvar I use I cannot get the Almex ticket machine to appear. I have tested both LHD versions out on multiple LHD maps including the OMSI 2 base maps and I get the same issue. My second issue is with the money tray and the fact with the LHD version again both single and dual door versions there is no money in the money tray so I cannot give change or take money from passengers and I cannot issue tickets either because the ticket machine does not work and as mentioned I cannot get the almex machine to appear. Even using the manual ticket issuing method does not work because the passenger just stands there as if you have not issued a ticket at all or issued the wrong one when that is not the case.

I get the feeling that I am one of the few people who like LHD versions and the same is properly going to be true with the 400 MMC but for me, the LHD versions make it a complete DLC that can be used across any map if you can understand where I am coming from.

Anyway, great work with the DLC and if these two issues I am having can be resolved then I will be very happy,

reverseidle

Studio Polygon
Sep 14, 2019
Evening, First let me just say that I do like this DLC a lot and I can appreciate the amount of work that went into the DLC, not just the V1 but this complete rebuild update as well and if the issues I am about to mention can be addressed or advice given if I am doing something wrong then that would be great The issues I am having are with the LHD version both the single and dual door versions. The first issue I am having is with the ticket machine, the default ticket machine does not work at all on any LHD map and no matter what setvar I use I cannot get the Almex ticket machine to appear. I have tested both LHD versions out on multiple LHD maps including the OMSI 2 base maps and I get the same issue. My second issue is with the money tray and the fact with the LHD version again both single and dual door versions there is no money in the money tray so I cannot give change or take money from passengers and I cannot issue tickets either because the ticket machine does not work and as mentioned I cannot get the almex machine to appear. Even using the manual ticket issuing method does not work because the passenger just stands there as if you have not issued a ticket at all or issued the wrong one when that is not the case.

I get the feeling that I am one of the few people who like LHD versions and the same is properly going to be true with the 400 MMC but for me, the LHD versions make it a complete DLC that can be used across any map if you can understand where I am coming from.

Anyway, great work with the DLC and if these two issues I am having can be resolved then I will be very happy,

Hi there,

There is only the default ticket machine in the LHD variant, for now, we'll add in the Almex and TP5800 in coming updates. As for change, I'll do that now, that was something I overlooked in both v1 and v1.1 for the LHD variants and I'm surprised no one has picked up on it thus far...

Thanks for the reminder :)

Advertisement

Hi there,

There is only the default ticket machine in the LHD variant, for now, we'll add in the Almex and TP5800 in coming updates. As for change, I'll do that now, that was something I overlooked in both v1 and v1.1 for the LHD variants and I'm surprised no one has picked up on it thus far...

Thanks for the reminder :)

Hi,
Ok so a couple of things have confused me now, first is that the change worked fine in V1 but it is only V1.1 it does not work at all. As for the ticket machine, the default ticket worked fine in V1 but does not work at all in V1.1. So you are going to add the Almex and TP5800 in the coming updates but according to the patches notes for V1.1 under the ## Added section you have already added the Almex ticket machine to the LHD version (See Spoiler), So I am a bit confused but at any rate, the default ticket machine does not work at all.
001.jpg

Feb 3, 2018
Ok i have cut down the streetlite in to 3 problems- Too slow- Jerky gear changes- and it is too quiet. To solve the too slow problem should be fixed by looking at how the streetdeck accelerates and that would be the perfect acceleration rate in my opinion, not too fast not too slow. To solve the jerky gear chnages.. well I don't know but maybe make the gear changing rpm closer to each other. To solve the fact that it is too quiet just simply turn the volume up (not on your pc) it is at a perfect volume at idle and then: Wait where did the sound go? Hope this helps rather than me moaning

reverseidle

Studio Polygon
Sep 14, 2019
They're cheap buses. Made cheap, operating costs designed to be cheap, the key is cheap, and that doesn't equal fast. Streetlites aren't designed for bombing it down the M25 at 70mph.

Routeone published an article many many years ago when a batch of 10.8m Firstbus Streetlites were delivered. They did 0-30mph in 16 seconds brand new, no passengers. The 10.8m one in game does 0-30mph in about that give or take, no passengers.

It's not unreasonably slow, nor is it unrealistically slow. People moaned it was too fast in v1.0... I've made it a touch faster in tomorrows updat If you'd like yours to be faster, you can edit your engine/gearbox constfiles to suit your needs, but by default, it won't be changed anymore.

ThompsonXfe

A coach driver
Jan 30, 2019
Durham
Ok i have cut down the streetlite in to 3 problems- Too slow- Jerky gear changes- and it is too quiet. To solve the too slow problem should be fixed by looking at how the streetdeck accelerates and that would be the perfect acceleration rate in my opinion, not too fast not too slow. To solve the jerky gear chnages.. well I don't know but maybe make the gear changing rpm closer to each other. To solve the fact that it is too quiet just simply turn the volume up (not on your pc) it is at a perfect volume at idle and then: Wait where did the sound go? Hope this helps rather than me moaning

On the point of jerky gear changes, have you ever been on a pre 66 plate? They're genuinely horrific for gear changing. Given once they've had their boxes re-programmed to rev up to 1900rpm and change somewhat smoother, they're not all that bad and are decently spunky.

Reactions: OmniWink

Advertisement

Firstly, I just want to say that the Streetlite that you've produced is amazing. Having driven the real thing I can say that it does accurately reflect how they drive in real life. The gearboxes are indeed jerky which can sometimes make them difficult to drive in real life. The brakes are also nothing then everything which is also reflected in the bus that has been produced.

One thing I would like to say though is that it is too quiet inside. When driving them you can hear the engine quite clearly from the cab, even the Daimler variant. The sounds themselves are spot-on, especially the rattle when approaching idle. Is there any way to make the interior sounds louder, or is this something you may consider on an update? That's my only issue with this otherwise fantastic model for OMSI.

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
They're cheap buses. Made cheap, operating costs designed to be cheap, the key is cheap, and that doesn't equal fast. Streetlites aren't designed for bombing it down the M25 at 70mph.

Routeone published an article many many years ago when a batch of 10.8m Firstbus Streetlites were delivered. They did 0-30mph in 16 seconds brand new, no passengers. The 10.8m one in game does 0-30mph in about that give or take, no passengers.

It's not unreasonably slow, nor is it unrealistically slow. People moaned it was too fast in v1.0... I've made it a touch faster in tomorrows updat If you'd like yours to be faster, you can edit your engine/gearbox constfiles to suit your needs, but by default, it won't be changed anymore.
I think the streetlite is perfect in the way it performs after watching some videos on YouTube of Firsts streetlite maxs, I personally feel that the performance doesn’t need changing in the slightest, well done for making a wonderful pack!

On the point of jerky gear changes, have you ever been on a pre 66 plate? They're genuinely horrific for gear changing. Given once they've had their boxes re-programmed to rev up to 1900rpm and change somewhat smoother, they're not all that bad and are decently spunky.
true the ex first manchester ones go north west have are jerky as hell when they change gear

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018

So what engine files can you change the acceleration in? Because I just looked and I don't know what it is or what it is called.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread