Buses [Official DLC] Studio Polygon 400MMC (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1588154935969.png

Welcome to my latest project for OMSI 2, the Alexander Dennis Enviro 400MMC, by le Studio Polygon.
Dubbed the "Studio Polygon 400MMC"
About
The Studio Polygon 400 MMC is a low-floor double-deck bus produced since 2014. It is available on a variety of chassis to suit different requirements. Options include various lengths, engine, gearbox, seating and more. This DLC pack includes a highly detailed rendition of the real bus.

This pack contains various variants based off the Alexander Dennis Enviro400 MMC with both Alexander Dennis and Scania chassis options. Various body lengths are included ranging from 10.3m to 11.5m, and also two fictional left-hand drive variants for use in the European market.

Initial release (v1.0) of this pack will include the Alexander Dennis E40D chassis with three lengths (10.3m, 10.9m and 11.5m) and the Scania N250UD chassis with two lengths (10.9m and 11.4m). Also included is a fictional Alexander Dennis E40D left-hand drive variant. A wide list of setvars is also included ranging from different seating types, a choice of ticket machines, engine stop-start, interior information displays and much more. A full feature list can be found further in the description.

Planned FREE future updates include London variants, hybrid variants, more low-height variants and more left-hand drive variants.

Features

High customisability: The OMSI setvar system allows for each bus to be unique depending on operator specification. With a wide range of setvars available including but not limited to:
  • Exterior/interior ad boards
  • Cab assault shields (with a further choice of a fixed or openable one)
  • Mirror types, including camera mirrors.
  • Internal next stop display screens
  • Telematics
  • Wheel accessories (Wheel trims, Alcoa rims and wheel nut indicators)
  • Various seat types
  • Various destination controllers
  • Engine stop/start
  • Various ticket machines

High detail and accuracy: Over a year of development has gone into this addon with various depot visits and work on the real buses to ensure every detail has been included and that the bus handles as it should. Extensive research and reference have been used to recreate this bus to the highest of accuracy.

• Complete systems: Systems have been custom scripted to create a true realistic 400 MMC experience, these systems include engine stop-start, DPF regeneration, regenerative braking system and more.
  • Random dynamic events: such as disabled stop bell, dynamic litter, driver telematics and more.
  • Fully functional ticket machines: ranging from Ticketer, Almex and VIX-Style.
  • 3 destination controller types: Choose from one of three controllers based on Hanover's EG3, DG3 or G3, available through the OMSI setvar system.
  • 3 seating types: Choose from one of three seating types including Civic V2s, Civic V3s and Lazzerini Practico 3840.
  • Ticketer ticket machine: this addon includes a highly accurate rendition of the Ticketer ticket machine which has been officially licensed by Ticketer UK. A lot of time and effort has been invested on the ticket machine to jam as much as functionality into it as possible, making it the most advanced and complex UK ticket machine.
  • Mirror screens: This replaces the exterior mirrors with cameras inside the cab, based off of ADL's new SmartVision technology.

Variants
This is the list of variants for version 1.0.
  • 400MMC 10.3m ADL E40D (Cummins) ZF and Voith
  • 400MMC 10.3m Dual Door ADL E40D (Cummins) ZF and Voith
  • 400MMC 10.9m ADL E40D (Cummins) ZF and Voith
  • 400MMC 10.9m Low Height ADL E40D (Cummins) ZF and Voith
  • 400MMC 11.5m ADL E40D (Cummins) ZF and Voith
  • 400MMC 11.5m Dual Door ADL E40D (Cummins) ZF and Voith
  • 400MMC 11.5m LHD ADL E40D (Cummins) ZF and Voith
  • 400MMC 11.5m LHD Dual Door ADL E40D (Cummins) ZF and Voith
  • 400MMC 11.5m LHD Low Height ADL E40D (Cummins) ZF and Voith
  • 400MMC 11.5m LHD Low Height Dual Door ADL E40D (Cummins) ZF and Voith
  • 400MMC 10.9m Scania N250UD ZF
  • 400MMC 10.9m Dual Door Scania N250UD ZF
  • 400MMC 10.9m Airport Specification Scania N250UD ZF
  • 400MMC 11.4m Scania N250UD ZF
  • 400MMC 11.4m Dual Door Scania N250UD ZF

Screenshots
Omsi_d5yEnM3OPt.jpg
Omsi_OXiu0mrEAw.jpg
Omsi_qX6CEmkKUu.jpg
Omsi_15S0Ykr8P1.jpg

Credits
Reverseidle:
  • Guidance and support.
  • Models
  • Sounds

First West of England and First Solent:
  • Depot visits

Last edited:

Jordionie

VolvoFan
Aug 5, 2017
I'd completely agree and understand if we were talking about the kind of prices for addons for X-Plane (often up to £40) etc - but we're talking about £13.50 a pop - a very justifiable fee for them given the time and money spent to get them to the quality they are. I'm not saying that V3D's don't meet the same or similar quality (far from it in fact - he's one of the best). V3D has chosen to make his content free at his own expense.

Your message seems to suggest 'donationware, but not for me. I won't be donating.' That comes across insulting tbh...
It's okay for some that have the money though isn't it....Maybe some people in life actually can't afford things and there's not even 1 freeware variant to try either. We all got to test V3Ds models but with ms they haven't released anything for free for anybody to try and have a verdict before purchasing or wanting to purchase. I'm not moaning but I see it unfair on the people that have rubbish finances

Apr 1, 2019
It's okay for some that have the money though isn't it....Maybe some people in life actually can't afford things and there's not even 1 freeware variant to try either. We all got to test V3Ds models but with ms they haven't released anything for free for anybody to try and have a verdict before purchasing or wanting to purchase. I'm not moaning but I see it unfair on the people that have rubbish finances
Surely £13.50 isn't that hard to save I'm assuming your a youngen too.... A little saved becomes a lot to play. Obviously age dependent you may recieve pocket money and with that it's down to you, you have to decide whether you want those sweets and chocolate that you don't really need or you can save instead towards getting what you want in this scenario an upgrade for OMSI. Re their freeware I'm sure it will be sorted out at the earliest opportunity.

Also at the same time perhaps it's a sign saying don't bother wasting your money on addons and etc. I've been doing so and partially regret it because the money could be saved for other better things beyond games etc. Not to mention their are plenty of freeware addons currently available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

I get the impression that most posters here are younger with limited funds and so I can understand the frustration if they just can't afford to buy these buses.

But, the devs put a lot of time and effort into these projects and put up with a LOT of abuse to be honest, and so I can understand why they would want to be rewarded for their efforts.

That said... I think that the Streetdeck pack was worth the fee given the number of variants and other models still to come so I was happy to support the guys by buying it. The Streetlite I (personally!) didn't see the same value in for the price asked so I skipped it.

The E400MMC though I'll probably buy for the same reason I bought the Streetdeck.

That said... I think that the Streetdeck pack was worth the fee given the number of variants and other models still to come so I was happy to support the guys by buying it. The Streetlite I (personally!) didn't see the same value in for the price asked so I skipped it.
Bare in mind the many free updates planned for the Streetlite if you purchase it, the price won't change

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
V3D should make an E400MMC ;)

I've seen your post before it was edited, so no point trying to hide that.
Let me just start off by saying this, do you know how insulting that sounds? Just read it back to yourself and think. If you were spending almost all of your free time working on a product that you really want to make for the community, then someone comes along and saying another developer should make it instead, that comes across very insulting and I'm not happy with that comment. While I appreciate V3D makes some really nice buses, you coming along saying he should make a 400 instead of myself is just shocking, and can't believe I've heard this from someone in the community.

Anyway, now that's vented I can get onto your actual points.
While I appreciate not everyone has the money, not everyone is in work or has cash flow. Life doesn't come free. As mentioned earlier V3D is more than able to take all his buses payware, but as mentioned earlier this is at his expense. Working on buses is not free at all. You need to take into account the travel costs to places like depots, shows, etc. Time to work on the bus, equipment like sound recorders and that. All this is not cheap at all. As a rough estimate I have probably spent around £500 in the past 2 months alone on travel, just travel, to go to bus events, depot visits, team meetups etc etc. This money I will not see again until this pack is released.
I completely understand you may not have the money to buy the pack. However, your point of "not being able to try for free before you buy" is completely void. Steam can be very lenient with it's refunds. You're able to buy the pack, drive with it as normal, no restrictions, for up to two hours. After these two hours you are obliged to keep it. However, before these two hours if you feel the pack is not worth it, you can file for a refund and more often than not you will get your money back onto your bank card. I don't see the issue here, it's a solution that works.

Now, this is still early days. Don't forget I'm not in MasterSwitch, so I might follow a different trend to everyone else and plans are still not set in stone, so who's to say there won't be a freeware demo at all?
The issue with the Streetdeck is that Aerosoft seemed to be unable to publish it on Steam for free, and to this day we still do not know why. We are unable to publish it here for free as it would be in breach of our contract with Aerosoft.
There are many parameters here, and I'm afraid releasing a bus for free is at the back of our heads.

Just a footnote, the price isn't decided by us, it's decided by Aerosoft.

Let me just start off by saying this, do you know how insulting that sounds? Just read it back to yourself and think. If you were spending almost all of your free time working on a product that you really want to make for the community, then someone comes along and saying another developer should make it instead, that comes across very insulting and I'm not happy with that comment. While I appreciate V3D makes some really nice buses, you coming along saying he should make a 400 instead of myself is just shocking, and can't believe I've heard this from someone in the community.

While I appreciate not everyone has the money, not everyone is in work or has cash flow. Life doesn't come free. As mentioned earlier V3D is more than able to take all his buses payware, but as mentioned earlier this is at his expense. Working on buses is not free at all. You need to take into account the travel costs to places like depots, shows, etc. Time to work on the bus, equipment like sound recorders and that. All this is not cheap at all. As a rough estimate I have probably spent around £500 in the past 2 months alone on travel, just travel, to go to bus events, depot visits, team meetups etc etc. This money I will not see again until this pack is released.
I completely understand you may not have the money to buy the pack. However, your point of "not being able to try for free before you buy" is completely void. Steam can be very lenient with it's refunds. You're able to buy the pack, drive with it as normal, no restrictions, for up to two hours. After these two hours you are obliged to keep it. However, before these two hours if you feel the pack is not worth it, you can file for a refund and more often than not you will get your money back onto your bank card. I don't see the issue here, it's a solution that works.

Now, this is still early days. Don't forget I'm not in MasterSwitch, so I might follow a different trend to everyone else and plans are still not set in stone, so who's to say there won't be a freeware demo at all?
The issue with the Streetdeck is that Aerosoft seemed to be unable to publish it on Steam for free, and to this day we still do not know why. We are unable to publish it here for free as it would be in breach of our contract with Aerosoft.
There are many parameters here, and I'm afraid releasing a bus for free is at the back of our heads.

Each Dev is different in their skills and how they do things, and First Enviro is just as good as V3D and Masterwhich studios they all good in there own ways, just in the omsi community devs don't get appreciated I agree with you mate

Advertisement

Apr 1, 2019

Can't please all just keep rocking your way with your superb work, I'm no longer gonna be on here, well posting, not up for the business of having my posts edited as if I'm a child.

Reactions: LT586

alikadiir24

A jolly good idiot!
Oct 23, 2018
Reactions: FirstEnviro

Kyle

*This is a custom title*
Oct 25, 2016
Reactions: FirstEnviro

Advertisement

georgeloxton02

MendipXplorer veg
Apr 20, 2018
Somerset
Ok, looks like I will need another £13.50 to spent on this bus when it comes out then
Can't convey tone of voice through text, so I don't know if that was an angry tone, but either way please read this paragraph:

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread