Buses [Official DLC] Masterbus Gen 3 Pack (£13.50) (2 Viewers)

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
What are the best settings to use for exporting dds files from paint.net? I've finished my repaints using png and after converting to dds there is a reduction in quality of the textures in game, even with dds at a higher resolution. Ive tried a few different settings, even the ones with much higer file sizes are nowhere near as clear as png. A couple of examples are below, but its like this all over the bus.

png (512x512) on left, dds (1024x1024) on right
View attachment 70799
View attachment 70800

For larger objects like that, its best to use no dds compression at all. Are you using Paint.NET?

Advertisement

Nov 14, 2016
I'm having issues with the mobitec fonts:
20200902161817_1.jpg

Reactions: BMF NJ

BlueOrange

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
Has anyone tried to use the alternative ticket machine setvar. I am sure I have entered in the related CTI correctly & it worked partially removing the Ticketer screen assy but not the rest of it, also the other ticket machine does not show.

The alternative ticket machine was removed in v1.1. I may add it back in the future though

Advertisement

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
The HANICS display on the B5TL Stealth (plain white repaint with glass staircases) seams not to be working

View attachment 74231

It does that all the time. It seems to be a bug with OMSI itself as the Studio Polygon products do the same. I find that zooming in and out often makes it turn on or off as well.

Reactions: Emmanuel Conteh
Jan 24, 2020
It does that all the time. It seems to be a bug with OMSI itself as the Studio Polygon products do the same. I find that zooming in and out often makes it turn on or off as well.
See response below
I believe that issue is due to lack of memory, I have the 4GB patch and that happens with very PC dependant buses. :)
However meanwhile on the Streetdeck 10.5m variant

2020-11-13 (1).png

Few questions folks if you can help...
1. When looking at the rear of the bus angled down, the engine bay is visible :/
2. How come at night the Ai drivers of the buses do not know how to turn the interior lights on :/
3. Lastly what is the best way of highlighting the parts to paint or texture in photoshop, I use magic wand, anyone know the best settings to get right to the edges?

Advertisement

BlueOrange

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
1. When looking at the rear of the bus angled down, the engine bay is visible :/
2. How come at night the Ai drivers of the buses do not know how to turn the interior lights on :/
3. Lastly what is the best way of highlighting the parts to paint or texture in photoshop, I use magic wand, anyone know the best settings to get right to the edges?

1: Not a bug. It is how it is in real life (probably for airflow)
1606377218298.png

2: It is an OMSI limitation that interior light tags don't work. This is fixable if you use lightmaps, but they take up a lot of texture memory. It is something we've come up with a solution for and will be implementing in future projects

3: I am awful at explaining how to repaint, so you may need to get help from others on this forum

May I ask what do you mean about highlighting repaints. I might be able to give you help.

Have a great day. ;)
Stay safe
LX7

1: Not a bug. It is how it is in real life (probably for airflow)

2: It is an OMSI limitation that interior light tags don't work. This is fixable if you use lightmaps, but they take up a lot of texture memory. It is something we've come up with a solution for and will be implementing in future projects

3: I am awful at explaining how to repaint, so you may need to get help from others on this forum
wow I never knew that @BlueOrange, also look forward to that update

May I ask what do you mean about highlighting repaints. I might be able to give you help.

Have a great day. ;)
Stay safe
LX7
Here is a test image of what I mean, when selecting parts then painting them the wand leaves white marks or don't get the whole area.

wand settings I use

Attachments

• magic wand.png
    magic wand.png
    318.5 KB · Views: 16
  • magic wand settings.png
    magic wand settings.png
    307.1 KB · Views: 10

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
Here is a test image of what I mean, when selecting parts then painting them the wand leaves white marks or don't get the whole area.

wand settings I use

Set the template layer to "Multiply", then create a layer below set to "Normal" to use as your paint layer.

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread