Buses [Official DLC] Masterbus Gen 3 Pack (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Masterbus Gemini 3 Pack for OMSI 2. This is the largest UK Bus pack for OMSI 2, with many different variants of similar buses.

• v1.0: Initial Release (Q3 2019)
    • Freeware "Demo":
      • Streetdeck - 10.5m
    • Payware:
      • Streetdeck - 11.5m
      • Volvo B5LH - 10.5m + 11.5m
      • Volvo B5TL - 10.5m + 11.5m
  • v1.1: Earlier Days and Sunny Skies Update - Adds non-stealth (G2.5) Bodywork and Open Top B5TL
    • Payware:
      • Volvo B5TL Open Top - 11.5m
      • Non-Stealth bodywork (Gemini 2.5)
        • Streetdeck (10.5m + 11.5m)
        • Volvo B5TL (10.5m + 11.5m)
        • Volvo B5LH (10.5m + 11.5m)
  • v1.2: From Ireland with Love and Clean Air Update - Adds Dublinbus bodywork + HEV Streetdeck
    • Payware:
      • Streetdeck HEV (10.5m + 11.5m)
      • Dublinbus Streetdeck HEV
      • Dublinbus B5TL
  • v1.3: Double Doors Update - Adds dual door + london spec variants
    • Payware:
      • London-spec
        • Volvo B5LH (mk2 + mk3)
        • Streetdeck HEV
      • Standard
        • Volvo B5LH
        • Volvo B5TL
        • Streetdeck
        • Streetdeck HEV
  • v1.4: Low Bridge Update - Adds lowheight variations
    • Freeware:
      • Streetdeck - 10.5m (Single door)
    • Payware:
      • Streetdeck - 10.5m (Double Door)
      • Streetdeck - 11.5m
      • Streetdeck HEV - 10.5m + 11.5m
      • Volvo B5LH - 10.5m + 11.5m
      • Volvo B5TL - 10.5m + 11.5m

• v1.x: Power Update - Adds OM936la Engine'd streetdecks
    • Payware:
      • All streetdecks + Streetdeck HEVs get OM936 variations

Screenshots:

Box Mockup.png

Videos:

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Wow, isn't this a lot of buses to include in a pack? Are you sure you will be able to do it?
A: Everything here is well within my capabilities.

Q: What ticket machine will it have?
A: I have chosen Ticketer as the machine of choice, as it is becoming a more popular choice amongst bus operators, and it is really easy for me to get reference images for.

Q: What is the expected release?
A: 13/08/2019

Q: What will the price of the pack be?
A: Aerosoft's RRP is €15 (£13.50)

Q: Beta?
A: The bus is tested in-house by Masterswitch, and further by Aerosoft's QA department.

Q: Beta if I pay?
A: No.

Q: It would be good to be a tester!
A: Stop soft begging.

Last edited:

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
If I don't agree with the price of something, I don't purchase it. That's probably why I don't have much DLC on any game ????

The author/publisher can ask whatever price they like but if that's higher than most people are willing to pay it will become clear fairly quickly when sales are poor and thus the price will have to be reduced if they want more sales. Some of that willingness will depend on the value proposition, i.e. what else you can get at that price, so for example if one can get a map that bundles two buses for the same price, that might be a preferential purchase as you're getting more for you money (and thus the other product loses a sale).

However I have learnt that some people will pay almost any price for particular DLC items, which can inflate the price to extent I won't buy. Then again, I guess that's what sales are for, to scoop up all the tightwads like me by convincing us we've got a bargain ???? Many products are expensive at first to get in those who simply must have it, then the price is reduced over time, thus maximising profits as you effectively extract the maximum price each customer is willing to pay.

Most OMSI DLC is more than I'm willing to pay which is why I haven't purchased any. Most buses on Steam are £13.50 and of course I can afford that but I won't pay it, especially for LHD stuff I'm unlikely to use. For comparison you can get Hafencity with two hybrid buses for £18.10 and X10 for £22.55 which is a big map with a new bus, and they'd be more likely to get my money than those individual buses at £13.50.

Nov 14, 2016
If I don't agree with the price of something, I don't purchase it. That's probably why I don't have much DLC on any game ????

The author/publisher can ask whatever price they like but if that's higher than most people are willing to pay it will become clear fairly quickly when sales are poor and thus the price will have to be reduced if they want more sales. Some of that willingness will depend on the value proposition, i.e. what else you can get at that price, so for example if one can get a map that bundles two buses for the same price, that might be a preferential purchase as you're getting more for you money (and thus the other product loses a sale).

However I have learnt that some people will pay almost any price for particular DLC items, which can inflate the price to extent I won't buy. Then again, I guess that's what sales are for, to scoop up all the tightwads like me by convincing us we've got a bargain ???? Many products are expensive at first to get in those who simply must have it, then the price is reduced over time, the developer can then maximise their profits.

Most OMSI DLC is more than I'm willing to pay which is why I haven't purchased any. Most buses on Steam are £13.50 and of course I can afford that but I won't pay it, especially for LHD stuff I'm unlikely to use. For comparison you can get Hafencity with two hybrid buses for £18.10 and X10 for £22.55 which is a big map with a new bus, and they'd be more likely to get my money than those individual buses at £13.50.
You can pick a map up for £11.99 on steam

Advertisement

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
You can pick a map up for £11.99 on steam
Cheapest is £14, and most average around £20.
I personally think that these buses are worth a lot more than £15, so you should be happy that we’re getting a low price for such good quality buses.
If you don’t want to pay, you don’t have to stay.

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
The price of the pack will be at most €15 - This is Aerosoft's RRP - Note that the price is EUR and not GBP. Likely to be £13.50 or whatever the Solaris pack is. With the amount of updates being done for the pack (see here), with the continued support for the pack. Other things not listed on the site are also to be done.

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
I should add there was no need for anything to be provided free, it's a nice gesture towards those in the community who don't have the means to purchase. I will certainly try out the free Streetdeck. And I suppose in many ways that acts as an unlimited free demo/trial for the B5 Gemini 3 in terms of the quality and features to expect, so you can make a more accurate judgement if that pack might be worth the cash.

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
The price of the pack will be at most €15 - This is Aerosoft's RRP - Note that the price is EUR and not GBP. Likely to be £13.50 or whatever the Solaris pack is. With the amount of updates being done for the pack (see here), with the continued support for the pack. Other things not listed on the site are also to be done.
I certainly think that’s an amazing price! Looking at the site, I can see there’s a good 15+ buses there, right? If I saw a pack of that many buses so cheap I would think I’m dreaming - but I’m not!!!
By the way, you mentioned Aerosoft’s RRP. Are you required to release through them on steam?

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
I wouldn't go as far as to say 15+ buses. There's 15+ variants and whilst that undoubtley adds value, it's not the same as 15 distinct buses. The Streetdeck shares a lot of its body with the Gemini 3, the B5TL and B5LH share a cab, so there's significant overlap.

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
Looking at the site, I can see there’s a good 15+ buses there, right?

Physically there will be 4 variants - Streetdeck, Streetdeck HEV, B5LH, B5TL.
However all the different body variations and such which aren't classed as different buses.

Advertisement

Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
Pronouns
He/Him
That’s just it people don’t have a choice they have to give so much to get the full set of buses. At least V3D had the right idea it was £10 for early access that’s all but these buses are £15-20 upward which to me is a complete rip off
Moan moan moan but I bet you still buy it at least we are gonna get a free bus to try out and we have been getting plenty of updates and screenshots so we know what we are getting with out paying for something we haven’t seen personally if they was a preorder option on steam I would of preordered a key already

Moan moan moan but I bet you still buy it at least we are gonna get a free bus to try out and we have been getting plenty of updates and screenshots so we know what we are getting with out paying for something we haven’t seen personally if they was a preorder option on steam I would of preordered a key already
I think he’s got the point now...

actually that’s debatable

Geeeeeeez this is like Brexit but omsi version however thinking about it, its abit like payment debate, The Developers work hard to get there content what it is, and making it payware, helps support future work and technology, However In Omsi community speak everyone thinks everything should be FREE even though it shouldn't you pay for what you get in life Kids

Advertisement

ITS A11

Gud Ebening
Nov 12, 2018
East London
Firstly, That's already happened as it's mainly a UK community driven game (at least I think)

Physically there will be 4 variants - Streetdeck, Streetdeck HEV, B5LH, B5TL.
However all the different body variations and such which aren't classed as different buses.
And secondly, I'm most looking forward to the London streetdeck (takes mum's debit card) jk. good job @BlueOrange

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread