Maps [Official DLC] London (NO RELEASE DATE YET) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,
Decided that I'm going to post most Aussiex updates on here, the aussiex page will be updated from time to time, however I think it will be better to support the UKDT. Big thanks to Whistlehead for introducing to this forum, loving the format!

Been working away at the project and I have about 80% of roads in the game, 10/11 bus routes have been timetabled already and the main focus on the next month is improving the quality from the beta and developing the buses and scenery.

EDIT (whistlehead):
For those who don't know (doubt there's many) this is a payware addon in development which Rhys here has been working on for some time, and which will include a number of real routes and buses from London :)

Facebook page: OMSI 2 Add-On London | Facebook
FAQ: LondonFAQ_WH.docx - Microsoft Word Online

EDIT (Road-hog123):
NOTE: As a result of a server crash during 2016, all prior attachments were lost. This included the screenshots at the beginning of this thread. As such, I've removed a little over 20 pages at the beginning of the thread up to the first working images. What's removed wasn't really indicative of the current map progress anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Brixton Garage so far

941.PNG

Last edited:

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Now, before anyone gets too excited about anything shown on the blinds, I should add a small explanation:

Firstly, what you don't see are the further 14 route numbers that come after the National Rail logo, these cannot be selected except via the menu as they are AI-only routes from operators the player doesn't drive any routes for.

The remaining route blinds you do see are from the 4 major operators the player drives for. They are grouped by operator (Arriva, Abellio, Metroline and Go-Ahead) and then by depot; and each group is inter-spliced with black and white blank blinds and (where applicable) operator logo blinds.

Every player and AI route from those 4 operators is on the blind roll, along with some others. The others are from depots the player drives for; for example: the first block of numbers is QB (Battersea) garage for which the player drives routes 3, 159 and N3 and the AI drives route 211; but QB's other routes (49, 156, 344, 414, 452, C2 and C3) are also in that first block. The last block in each operator group contains the AI routes from depots the driver doesn't drive for, like the block that contains only the 109 which is an AI route from BC (Beddington Cross).

Front and side blinds are less confusing, only destinations you'll see on player or AI buses will be featured, with the exception of a few generic blinds at the beginning of the blind roll.

Oh, and before anyone suggests "why don't you make them all", there are about 780 bus routes in London, which means you have about 1,600 front displays and around 6,000 side displays. I think you'd prefer me to work on other things than powerblinds for routes you can't drive. ;)

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Progress has been slow with being on holiday and all, but here's a small update of what's I've been working on over the last couple of weeks:
After I remapped some areas of the mouldings texture to put the new binnacle on, I needed to fix the interior emergency door buttons. That has been done and now they're back to looking how they were before:
upload_2017-8-3_5-17-29.png

Further on the fixing front, I patched the hole in the pillar so now you won't get so wet when it rains:
upload_2017-8-3_5-17-37.png

And, as you can see more clearly below, I've put in and added more functionality to the equipment in the cab:
upload_2017-8-3_5-16-15.png
Which means:
  • Destination controller now tells you what route number/destination index you're selecting
  • Added a RIBAS box, which lights up as per the real thing when you drive poorly.
  • Improved the iBus model with a bracket and box on the back for the computer-y gubbins
  • Put the iBus in the bus. It all works (the same as the B9TL), but the display is utterly broken at the moment (the whole thing is making me very angry)

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Showbus is upon us! Rhys will be present alongside the UKDT at the event and (if all goes well and it isn't horribly broken) visitors will be able to drive an alpha version of the C400 on the maps that are being shown off (London is not one of them this time... :().
So if you're going, make sure to pop by and get a sneak peek at what you'll hopefully be able to drive soon (and scrutinise all of the problems with it).
C400-Showbus.png

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Norwood Garage, the 5th and final garage to be redeveloped for the add-on, more pictures to follow. Oh yes, and a rebuilt G3!

Apologies for the lack of updates. A lot has gone on since I last spoke with you all, both development wise and in my real life. We've got a couple of cool posts lined up for you all over the course of the next month or two. This should you give a better insight into things as we start to close the chapter on London's developments.

Now before I get onto things, I know many of you are just as frustrated as I am with London's excessive delays! However, me and the team are very eager to let you all get your hands on it! The reason why London has an excessive amount of delays was due to a number of factors. Quality was the main factor. If you all compare the recent screenshots to our screenshots back in 2016, you will see that London has drastically changed, quality wise. I decided that it was better for me to delay things so I was able to try and replicate things as close to life as possible. I hope you're all able to understand? We do hope to officially confirm a release date, from us developers once testing on the map starts. So we're asking you to hold on tight for just a little longer!

So good news with all 5 buses, all vehicles are more or less complete model/scripting-wise and only require bits of tweaking. The New Routemaster however is still waiting for new sounds. This will do done once our sound developer, Badger, is able to visit a London bus garage at some point.

As seen in these two new screenshots, the Gemini 3 was the last bus to receive a complete overhaul. I was not impressed with the way I previously modelled things and felt like the bus needed to match the quality of the other buses in the add-on.

The map is also coming together, but still have a few areas that still need it's polishing. These areas shouldn't hopefully take too long.

I'll explain more about what I've been up to over the past two months this over the next week! But for now, enjoy a couple of new screenshots of the Gemini 3 and Norwood Bus Garage!

*Please note* the last three screenshots were taken a few weeks ago, when the G3 was put back into OMSI

1029.PNG

1032_A.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
So the route-map is still being finalised by @BusSimAddict and is still a WIP, however I am very eager to show you all the new routemap so far! A finalised version, with the night routes will be posted as soon as BSA has finished his work on it.
London Map WIP-1.png

London Routes 1 WIP-1.png

LT715 awaits it's departure back to Marble Arch. (For anyone wondering why London has taken so long, compare the screenshot below with a screenshot taken of the same area a year and a half ago. Maps - London prior to September 2016 (broken images))
1044.PNG

Streatham High Road & Streatham Station bus stand.

1045.PNG

1046.PNG

Last edited:

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
This screenshot was specifically for my discord server, however it was too good to not post on the forums :tongueout:. Plus I've noticed I rarely take night time screenshots.

Credit goes to @Waleed21D and @Whiskey.Stuffs for all the NRM all-over adverts.

I did all the plain London ones, including the East London Transit.

1049.PNG

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Finally managed to pair together the interiors and exteriors that have been done so far for the C400, so there are some where both exist that I can screenshot. :)
Hopefully I'm crediting these right:
Abellio (Old) exterior - My own creation
Arriva (Old), Stagecoach London/Selkent and London United exteriors - Waleed21D
Interiors all by Whiskey.Stuffs

252530_20180122150549_1.png

252530_20180122151236_1.png

252530_20180122152214_1.png

252530_20180122152452_1.png

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
I recently learnt how to bake lightmaps in Blender! I've been producing the lightmap textures for the NRM over the past two days and I can honestly say I'm happy with the results, so far, especially on the ceilings. There are still a few more textures that need to be baked, but here are the results so far!
1125.PNG
1124.PNG
1123.PNG

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
So I forgot to show off our E-Adverts for the Gemini 3, a few months ago.

Inspired by the Google Pixel Adverts, the Gemini 3 is the only bus in Add-On London to carry animated E-Adverts. We've programmed it so that the animated adverts do not work below 10FPS. This ensures lag is reduced to a minimum. Thanks to @Road-hog123 for helping me to get it to work!

1135.PNG

HV409/LC67ACX on Route 468 (what the 468 should look like from the 31st March 2018 IRL)

Last edited:

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Oh yes, you all have been asking about the Evociti's appearance in recent screenshots.

I'll announce why it's in the add-on when the official trailer surfaces (hopefully this summer). All I will reveal now (which may not be helpful), is that it's to compliment the vehicle pack for the add-on (AI vehicles/buses).

Oh yes, and more AI cars should slowly start appearing over the next few months. It's a requirement for the add-on to have it's own custom AI pack.
1136.png

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread