Maps [Official DLC] London (NO RELEASE DATE YET) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,
Decided that I'm going to post most Aussiex updates on here, the aussiex page will be updated from time to time, however I think it will be better to support the UKDT. Big thanks to Whistlehead for introducing to this forum, loving the format!

Been working away at the project and I have about 80% of roads in the game, 10/11 bus routes have been timetabled already and the main focus on the next month is improving the quality from the beta and developing the buses and scenery.

EDIT (whistlehead):
For those who don't know (doubt there's many) this is a payware addon in development which Rhys here has been working on for some time, and which will include a number of real routes and buses from London :)

Facebook page: OMSI 2 Add-On London | Facebook
FAQ: LondonFAQ_WH.docx - Microsoft Word Online

EDIT (Road-hog123):
NOTE: As a result of a server crash during 2016, all prior attachments were lost. This included the screenshots at the beginning of this thread. As such, I've removed a little over 20 pages at the beginning of the thread up to the first working images. What's removed wasn't really indicative of the current map progress anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, I'd personally recommend routes 3, 45, 68 and 159. All four routes cover the majority of the map. The 45 will have to be my favourite as it's the most scenic once it gets into the City of London.
I can't remember if this is true or not, but isn't there some routes that won't be added immediately with the add-on but are being planned to be added later on?

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
I can't remember if this is true or not, but isn't there some routes that won't be added immediately with the add-on but are being planned to be added later on?
I'll clarify closer to the time as I only now have the 432 on my list of routes that was planned and hasn't been worked on. There are however a number of routes that are curtailed, plans to extend them will be considered.

All of the buses that come with add on London and all the buses that are in development will be at crystal palace will be full of London buses I will change the ai list when I get the add on
I don't think I understand.

Interesting you should mention those Rhys, I'm not familiar with the capital's routes and never got TSLP but looking at your previously posted route maps (very nice they are too) I fancied the 3, 68, 59 and 415 to begin, in that order, so I could explore as much of the scenery as possible. The 45 wasn't on my radar but is now.

BTW minor point you may have already fixed but on the maps you posted a while back you'd misspelt Nelson's Column
the route map needs to be redesigned completely to include the full routeing of the 45/as well as being a lot more pleasing to the eyes.

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Does that mean 45 is going all the way to King's Cross?
As seen from the recent screenshots and a post made a few weeks ago confirming it, yes.

A few new backdrop towns were required to fill out the background when crossing the River Thames at Waterloo Bridge (if you were to look to your east), as well opening the doors to Routes 59/68/91/171 to be diverted via Blackfriars in certain scenarios. These new towns have allowed Route 45 to become the fourth full route in the add-on (out of 16 routes (I think)). Running between King's Cross and Clapham Park via Gray's Inn Road, Holborn Circus, City Thameslink, Blackfriars, Elephant & Castle, Camberwell Green, Loughborough Junction, Brixton and Brixton Hill**, Route 45 takes a total of 50 mins per trip to complete and is the longest Route in the add-on surprisingly. All new required crossings were developed at the beginning of the month with the few bits of additional scenery now just being added in crossing, by crossing.

Reactions: BailsBach

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
I'm gonna make a guess at: NRM (Obvs), SRM (Obvs), Possible Single Deck (?), and some route extensions. But hey hey hey, hoo knows knows.
Nope no single deck, no plans for one anytime soon. The update will consist of my recent developments in Blackfriars and the City of London and maybe more about the NRM

Advertisement

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Will make another update within the next few days of all the recent map developments/bus developments. Took some time off this month to support my mother who's been unwell for a while. I'm now back at it with the London developments as my mother is recovering.

Here's some newest screenshots of the NRM's development. I plan to start the importing process as soon this evening.

NRM_41.PNG

NRM_42.PNG

NRM_43.PNG

NRM_44.PNG

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
C400 update!
Some time ago...
it might just be the camera angle, bit it looks like the iBus unit is almost flat to the ceiling. Would it be possible for you to have the screen pointing more at the driver?
Probably because the overhead binnacles are far too flat when compared to the real thing...
Well, I've finally got around to making a new one! It's much closer to the real thing, although still not perfect as everything it seems to come in contact with is not quite right in some way... anyway:
252530_20170704173225_1.png
You'll note there's now a CCTV screen fitted too, and it does indeed work. To not kill the performance completely it only has the ability to show the rear door when it's open, with a nice placeholder if you turn off the mirrors too. :)
upload_2017-7-4_17-37-10.png
upload_2017-7-4_17-38-13.png

Last edited:

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread