Odd noises while driving at high speeds (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etny

Elite Trucker
Jan 10, 2014
Minnesota, US
Hey, When I am driving at high speeds in any truck I get a slight fuzziness and then it starts to make crackle sounds as of speakers wires touching. I have to make my videos with light music playing to not make it noticeable. It is also real bad in ETS 1, I can't even play with my sound on. I use a Plantronics Gamecom 780, 7.1 Dolby surround built in. I have messed with my settings in sound control panel and haven't found a fix yet. Even tried a couple mods but they didn't work either. With the improvement of sound from ETS 1 to ETS 2 I think the sound will be perfect in ATS and hopefully they included surround sound on it. I have a newer motherboard and my driver is up to date, I tested all settings and tested mods. I really think it is my 7.1 dolby surround headset. I don't hear noises in any other games but all the games I play have been released in 2013 with high sound quality. Maybe you have a fix or can shed some light? Is this happening to anyone else?

Advertisement

Etny

Elite Trucker
Jan 10, 2014
Minnesota, US
The video will take a few minutes to go HD but the sound is there. Give it a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsP_2sQn77M&feature=youtu.be

You hear it once in the beginning, middle and end. Can you also hear the slight fuzziness? Lets just say it's not perfect sound and im a bit fussy. :P

Latest Patch, 2 interior mods and 1 trailer mod. Play on Steam, no auto brake on, only at high speeds. Crackle sound once every 10 seconds with slight fuzziness. Can't hear it outside the truck only interior.

If you can't hear it happen twice in the video then you don't know what you are listening for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Etny

Elite Trucker
Jan 10, 2014
Minnesota, US
Here is a longer video of it. Remember: Crackle sound once every 10 or so seconds. Try driving 50,000 km with it and no music you start to count how many you hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP3-VFBicGs&feature=youtu.be

Tested all settings for the past couple weeks.

I counted 2 in the first video and 4 in the second. and the sound you hear on youtube isnt as loud as it is on my 7.1 dolby headset at full blast.

I play games loud and I know what I hear. None of my games that I play even louder make this noise. I think ETS2 sound wasn't meant to be blasted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Etny

Elite Trucker
Jan 10, 2014
Minnesota, US
Yes and it sounds like a 1990 walkman while still making the noise. I tried studio quality and all mhz bandwidths, tried turning game sound down and headphone volumes up, reinstalling with new profile, updating every driver and making sure everything is okay with my memory and computer, still didn't fix it. So I turn quiet music on and that keeps me from counting them. I feel much better now that I made a post about it and will keep working my way around and maybe one day someone will have an idea.

Etny

Elite Trucker
Jan 10, 2014
Minnesota, US
Here is my setup and devices/programs:

I7 2600 (3.9 ghz)
Asus p8h67-m pro
1 TB green hard drive
Corsair Vengenace 2x4gb
Nvidia GTX 660 ti
Silencer 650w psu
Razor Naga 2012