Oculus Rift (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
Minnesota
If you've ever played The Sims 3, then you may have noticed it was possible for your sim to play with SimLife goggles. Basically it covered their eyes and was a virtual reality platform. You might have thought, "Wow! It would be so cool to have that in real life!"

Well, it's here now. Introducing the Oculus Rift! It's been out for a while; however, the consumer version is not yet available. You can still pick one up but it's the developer version. I'd wait until the release though because it's $300 for an unfinished product. Version two came out recently and it involves head tracking so if you stand up your character leans down and vise-versa.

This platform has a lot of potential because first-person games are my favorite. I don't think it would be possible to make a third-person game for this.
What do you guys think about the Oculus Rift?

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I want a Rift so bad, I've seen how "into it" people get like it is like an actual virtual reality where everything is around you when you can't see reality. After I've got the more important financial stuff out of the way I will sure be saving up for the full working release of the Rift!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread