Nothing works!

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.

The_cookie

May 1, 2018
Right, hear me out on this. I bought the game specifically to use british mods. I have no interest in the 1980's german stuff (although I have run it, it works fine)

I have downloaded and installed 3 mods, Scunthorpe and Cottrell (BOTW)

Cottrell runs at less than 1fps, and I don't spawn in a bus

Scunthorpe loads, runs, I spawn in a bus but off the tiles of the map, and I can't move. All I can see is sky (and a few buildings off to my left)

BOTW can't run because Aussiex.com is down, thus I can't download Tony_a_objects or whatever it's called.

The maps are all installed completely correctly from what I can tell (except BOTW) so any troubleshooting appreciated. If i can't get it fixed i'ma just get a refund I think

Thanks

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
In all cases it sounds like you're missing things.
For Cotterell you're probably missing the AI bus, so OMSI is expending all performance writing errors to the logfile instead of drawing pretty pictures. I'm working on a patch to replace the bus (which was from Aussiex) so that new users can play the map.
For Scunthorpe you're missing scenery, OMSI won't load tiles if it can't find something on them.

Unfortunately with Aussiex biting the dust, there's a whole lot of things that aren't available anymore... :(

The_cookie

May 1, 2018
Ahhh thanks. I've just reinstalled scunthorpe and no luck still, despite having everything from readme installed. I guess i'll leave it a bit until stuff becomes available elswhere?

Hullian111

bruh momentum
Aug 5, 2017
For Cotterell you're probably missing the AI bus, so OMSI is expending all performance writing errors to the logfile instead of drawing pretty pictures. I'm working on a patch to replace the bus (which was from Aussiex) so that new users can play the map.
Ah yes, I was actually going to go and find out what to do myself, then I remembered. Here's hoping I can play Cotterell and speed dangerously down from the university all over again one day.
Unfortunately with Aussiex biting the dust, there's a whole lot of things that aren't available anymore... :(
Sadly, that includes means most of MarkHodgkinson's really cool repaints for non-Fellowsfilm buses are gone, too, like Stripes MANs and a lot of Lincolnshire RoadCar stuff. So sad. Such a sad, sad end.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
When assets no longer are available for whatever reason, the fix comes in the form of a patch by the map author - basically, delete the offending objects and re-upload.

There are ways around it, but it requires some level of technical understanding to take advantage of.