Maps North Devon Buses (continuing as "North Devon Network") (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several map designers, (who you probably haven't heard of!), have been getting together to create this fictional map set in North Devon. We will release a lot more information later as we are just finalising place names etc. Anyway, we have made a lot of progress over the last months and now have something to show! All the routes start in Stanton and two will be open deck buses as seen in these screenshots. If anyone wants to join our team, message us.

[referenced images had been deleted from the hosting server]

This work in progress was cancelled by the "South England Design Team" when the team disbanded. However, one of the members of the team is continuing the development on his own, here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
For those who didn't read it on Aussiex:

I am making a Dennis Trident 2 chassied Plaxton President as my first bus for Omsi, as I have sufficient materials and could not find a decent blueprint of an Omnidekka. I will be starting this soon, once the Demo has been released. Then will come a single decker bus, possible and Envio300, maybe a dart, not sure yet, for Park & Ride duties. Then will come the Omnidekka. If all goes well with these, I will keep on making buses until its time for me to do my bit on the map, so lets see how many I get done!

As hinted above, the original map plans have changed a lot and so I will bring you an updated map plan when it has been finalised. (Latest tomorrow!).

Now however, it is all guns blazing until the demo is released, and then it will all settle down a bit. After that, updates will probably become more weekly for a while!

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
For those who didn't read it on Aussiex:

I am making a Dennis Trident 2 chassied Plaxton President as my first bus for Omsi, as I have sufficient materials and could not find a decent blueprint of an Omnidekka. I will be starting this soon, once the Demo has been released. Then will come a single decker bus, possible and Envio300, maybe a dart, not sure yet, for Park & Ride duties. Then will come the Omnidekka. If all goes well with these, I will keep on making buses until its time for me to do my bit on the map, so lets see how many I get done!

As hinted above, the original map plans have changed a lot and so I will bring you an updated map plan when it has been finalised. (Latest tomorrow!).

Now however, it is all guns blazing until the demo is released, and then it will all settle down a bit. After that, updates will probably become more weekly for a while!

Souns exciting  (and busy). If you need help with some of the default bus repaints be sure to let me know and I will help where I can.

Advertisement

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
Souns exciting  (and busy). If you need help with some of the default bus repaints be sure to let me know and I will help where I can.

The president, to start with, will be only useable on NDB, as I intend to use proper rollbands, and so for the back, sides and top front, they will be fixed rollbands, and therefore I intend to ask the person who's done the others, however, when I make a matrix version I will bear that in mind! Thanks for the offer.

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
So, new plans:

Map

View attachment 1974

Routes

• So, we are now including the full length of route's 56 and 21.

• We are now including Park and Ride routes 8 & 9.

• Also the 'Red Routes' 21, 22, 23.

• The 42 has gone and been replaced with the 1A and 1B.

Buses

• Dennis Trident 2 chassied Plaxton President, it will initially have rollbands and only useable on this map, but we also will release a universal version.

• A Scania Omnidekka, single door, but due to my location, a London variant will also be made afterwards.

• A Dennis Dart (SLF, MPD, we are not sure, depending on what @Road-hog123 is doing. It will however feature rollbands and specifically designed for this map, but again, a universal one will be made afterwards.)

When finished, the only buses needed will be ones we have made!

Optimisation

Sorry @iomex, I know you love this bit!

The frame rates in the Demo will be very low unfortunately. Therefore, after the demo, we will most probably take out all the objects not included in the Cotterell download (we presumed most people have this) and all the other objects will be made ourselves. Again, all you need is almost included in the download!

Timescale

I know the rules of this forum, but I am willing to give some release dates etc!

The demo will be release on the 31st July! We are aiming to have completed the last stage of the map, including the buses, by the December / January 2018. This may seem a long way off, but the scale of the project, mixed with the amount of members and REAL LIFE!!!, makes this slightly over, giving us ample time for setbacks etc.

Any questions regarding anything, don't hesitate to ask, or PM me!

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
So, we have had a massive group re-shuffle, and set out our goals and aims and finally, I think the group can now accelerate the map processes. I am not sure whether we still need the demo, but if people want it, then I will release it as planned. If not then, it will just be better in the next update. What do people want?

Also, we have now got our own website (Wix, I know. Its not the best, but once we establish ourselves then we can go and actually buy our own domain name!!!!). http://sedesignteam.wix.com/home

Apr 16, 2016
So, we have had a massive group re-shuffle, and set out our goals and aims and finally, I think the group can now accelerate the map processes. I am not sure whether we still need the demo, but if people want it, then I will release it as planned. If not then, it will just be better in the next update. What do people want?

Also, we have now got our own website (Wix, I know. Its not the best, but once we establish ourselves then we can go and actually buy our own domain name!!!!). http://sedesignteam.wix.com/home

A demo would be nice. You could release the map gradually so it slowly gets larger adding a couple of routes each time. Like the website BTW.

Advertisement

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
So, things around here either have, will or are going to change. We promise this will be the last time our plans change. We apologise in advance for people who were ready for, or want the demo.

UPDATE: 29/06/16

Release Plan:

We will no longer release the demo, seeing as most of it will be replaced, it wouldn't really be demonstrating anything.

The rest of the download plan will remain the same:

Update A: Routes 1, 4, 6, 8, 9

Full Release: Routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 21, 22, 23

Timelapse: Routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 21, 22, 23, 56, Bonus Routes TBC

Updates:

All updates will be labeled UPDATE: DD/MM/YY.

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
UPDATE: 04/07/16

So, progress has stopped for the moment. I couldn't do any of the map over the weekend due to me going off on a free holiday to Disneyland© Paris. I came back last night to a broken Omsi. I discovered that the problem was in Steam, and therefore i had to uninstall and reinstall the whole of Steam, hence losing all Omsi files along with numerous other games. I have now completed the Steam reinstall and am in the process of reinstalling all my other games through Steam. I have a day off of School tomorrow, 8) , and so I will dedicate that whole day to transfering the required back-up files and getting 5 days worth of progress into the map.

For those wondering, I am in charge of scenery in the map, so until new area's are being developed, the map rests on my shoulders.

Apologies for the lack of progress in recent days, I'm sure you people will understand.

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
UPDATE 10/08/2016

So, I have been on a two week holiday to America and Canada, of which I arrive back into Gatwick on Sunday Morning. Monday morning I was following my local football team, Bromley F.C down to Torquay. I choose to go overnight Monday to Tuesday and come back after the game Tuesday night, with a trip to the SDR in the middle because I believe that Devon has got to be the best region in the UK, as I'm sure @iomex will agree!

Anyway, I am now back, and will be working on it endlessly for a few days to make up for lost ground. More updates are soon to come!

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
Internal problems in the team have lead to the team disbanding. Therefore, as a team project, this and all others are cancelled. However, with a few merges with other projects, I will be returning after a small break to continue this project on my own.

MODS CAN DELETE THREAD

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread