Maps North Devon Buses (continuing as "North Devon Network") (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several map designers, (who you probably haven't heard of!), have been getting together to create this fictional map set in North Devon. We will release a lot more information later as we are just finalising place names etc. Anyway, we have made a lot of progress over the last months and now have something to show! All the routes start in Stanton and two will be open deck buses as seen in these screenshots. If anyone wants to join our team, message us.

[referenced images had been deleted from the hosting server]

This work in progress was cancelled by the "South England Design Team" when the team disbanded. However, one of the members of the team is continuing the development on his own, here:

Last edited by a moderator:

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
That is very North Devon. A hint though, if you find you need to optimize the map, the sharp deviation signs there can be replaced by those made by BTV (although they don't come with poles - you can use the poles from RoadHog's set) - you could also use BTV's yellow backboard to emphasize the sign as well if you wanted. Also, RoadHog has a flat road marker as opposed to a Freeman's 3D model, which will use fewer polygons.

The only criticism here is that the shrubbery is all the same, so you get a lot of repeated texturing. Perhaps you ought to mix up the shrubbery types to break up the textures? Even rotating some by 180 degrees will help break it up.

As for FPS in general, leave that concern until the end - when it comes to testing you might find that 99% of people don't have low frames, of course build the map as efficiently as possible in the meantime.

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
That is very North Devon. A hint though, if you find you need to optimize the map, the sharp deviation signs there can be replaced by those made by BTV (although they don't come with poles - you can use the poles from RoadHog's set) - you could also use BTV's yellow backboard to emphasize the sign as well if you wanted. Also, RoadHog has a flat road marker as opposed to a Freeman's 3D model, which will use fewer polygons.

The only criticism here is that the shrubbery is all the same, so you get a lot of repeated texturing. Perhaps you ought to mix up the shrubbery types to break up the textures? Even rotating some by 180 degrees will help break it up.

As for FPS in general, leave that concern until the end - when it comes to testing you might find that 99% of people don't have low frames, of course build the map as efficiently as possible in the meantime.

Thanks! Will try an use that.

Advertisement

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
0.1 might be more appropriate, as that's default road surface height :)

Have you tried getting the police around to catch those people bursting tyres on parked cars? You might want to raise the height to 0.25m.

That's something I've been playing around with recently, I have changed around some road surfaces so some are higher than you might think! ANyway, 0.375m ended up being about right!

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
I would not recommend using the road splines out of farthington as they do not work with the snow apart from that its looking really good, as for boats i was looking myself and cant find any sadly.

I have not used any splines from Farthington. They are from the Iomex section actually in the UKDT pack. I have looked at them in the snow and you're right there not great, but I can't find any alternative for what I want them for!

Advertisement

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
So, for those know don't know:

• The Bus Station area has been modified and now the buses cross the ring road to serve the Station, before returning into the Bus Station to start their trip.

• The original Stagecoach bus depot has been destroyed.

• The route 42 (AI Only) has been axed.

• A new housing estate has been in construction along with an Asda on the site of the old bus garage.

• Due to the axing of route 42 which was a free bus route for the Sainsburys outside the map, it has been replaced by a circular route serving the estate and the Asda, being numbered route 1A and 1B, each route does a different rotation.

• The  all routes will use the repaints kindly made by @Whiskey.Stuffs, (See screenshots below), except the 1, 1A, 1B, 4, 6 & 21

• The routes 4 & 6 are being branded 'Coastal Breezer'.

• Routes 1, 1A and 1B are being branded as the Park And Ride and Stanton town services respectively and using the original NDMS repaints.

• The 21 is going to be incorporated into North Devon Motor Services operation and given its own livery.

• The Demo will hopefully be released on the 1st July (Don't hold me to that!)

Also for future versions:

• We are now including in future versions:

The full length of route 21 to West Trent

• Hopefully, if all goes well, we will be making 2 buses. If anyone wants to help, please contact us.

If these buses go well and are created quickly, then we may chose to make more!

[*]Including the full route 56 to Torre!

[*]Including the 7 as a driveable route.

However, most of that is in the future, but for now, enjoy these:

View attachment 1627View attachment 1628

Reactions: Rhys

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
So, for those know don't know:

• The Bus Station area has been modified and now the buses cross the ring road to serve the Station, before returning into the Bus Station to start their trip.

• The original Stagecoach bus depot has been destroyed.

• The route 42 (AI Only) has been axed.

• A new housing estate has been in construction along with an Asda on the site of the old bus garage.

• Due to the axing of route 42 which was a free bus route for the Sainsburys outside the map, it has been replaced by a circular route serving the estate and the Asda, being numbered route 1A and 1B, each route does a different rotation.

• The  all routes will use the repaints kindly made by @Whiskey.Stuffs, (See screenshots below), except the 1, 1A, 1B, 4, 6 & 21

• The routes 4 & 6 are being branded 'Coastal Breezer'.

• Routes 1, 1A and 1B are being branded as the Park And Ride and Stanton town services respectively and using the original NDMS repaints.

• The 21 is going to be incorporated into North Devon Motor Services operation and given its own livery.

• The Demo will hopefully be released on the 1st July (Don't hold me to that!)

Also for future versions:

• We are now including in future versions:

The full length of route 21 to West Trent

• Hopefully, if all goes well, we will be making 2 buses. If anyone wants to help, please contact us.

If these buses go well and are created quickly, then we may chose to make more!

[*]Including the full route 56 to Torre!

[*]Including the 7 as a driveable route.

However, most of that is in the future, but for now, enjoy these:

View attachment 1627View attachment 1628

A quick note that raise the cars to 0.1m so they don't look like they have been slashed. (I learnt that from my map lol  :) )

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread