Nobody gets on my Volvo Olympian on Cotterell (1 Viewer)

Solution
D
I need to clear up some incorrect information...
What the route setting button does is to set two variables; AI_target_index, which contains the zero-based index in the HOF file of the terminus you select in the drop down box; and SetLineTo, which contains the string you enter in the "line" text box. After it's done this it calls the ai_scheduled_settarget trigger, which can be used by bus scripts to run some code in response to the button being used.
What it doesn't do is to set target_index_int, which is the variable that contains the zero-based index in the HOF file of the terminus the passengers see the bus as displaying. It is therefore up to the scripting of the bus (usually whatever display setup...

Advertisement

I don't think the menu changes the display on the Olympian? I tried it before and had to change it manually to get it to work
I really wouldn't know, it's not a bus I really drive, although the alt menu should change it as I think it uses the default OMSI rollband scripts, don't quote me though as I am not 100% sure. If it doesn't work then the only way to do it is by using sambob's method of pretty much guessing. So yeah F8 to tell OMSI you want to change the destination rollband and then use PgUp and PgDn.

D

Deleted member 422

I don't think the menu changes the display on the Olympian? I tried it before and had to change it manually to get it to work
The ALT box changes the destination of the bus. This is what the passenger's use to know when and when not to board the bus. If the buses visible display does not use work with the ALT method, then theoretically it does not actually affect whether or not passengers board.

The destination shown does not have to correspond with the buses actual destination, depending on the scripting.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
What the route setting button does is to set two variables; AI_target_index, which contains the zero-based index in the HOF file of the terminus you select in the drop down box; and SetLineTo, which contains the string you enter in the "line" text box. After it's done this it calls the ai_scheduled_settarget trigger, which can be used by bus scripts to run some code in response to the button being used.
What it doesn't do is to set target_index_int, which is the variable that contains the zero-based index in the HOF file of the terminus the passengers see the bus as displaying. It is therefore up to the scripting of the bus (usually whatever display setup is fitted) to react to the use of the button (which is equivalent to an AI bus setting it's destination) and change what is shown on the front of the bus and where the passengers think the bus is going. The "target" of the bus in the debug text ([Shift]+[Y]) shows where the passengers think the bus is going.
I seem to remember from previous questions on this topic that the Volvo Olympian doesn't do anything when that button is used (which presumably makes it useless as AI) and so the only way to select a destination is to wind through them by pressing [F8] and then the [Page Up]/[Page Down] keys. The rollband system works with textures, so if the HOF file doesn't point to a valid texture for the bus in question you'll get no visual indication of what the display is set to. I've not checked, but there might possibly be a HOF/blinds mod in a download centre here or elsewhere for Cotterell and the Volvo Olympian?

Reactions: Sparrow 76
D

Deleted member 422

What it doesn't do is to set target_index_int, which is the variable that contains the zero-based index in the HOF file of the terminus the passengers see the bus as displaying. It is therefore up to the scripting of the bus (usually whatever display setup is fitted) to react to the use of the button (which is equivalent to an AI bus setting it's destination) and change what is shown on the front of the bus and where the passengers think the bus is going. The "target" of the bus in the debug text ([Shift]+[Y]) shows where the passengers think the bus is going.
I seem to remember from previous questions on this topic that the Volvo Olympian doesn't do anything when that button is used (which presumably makes it useless as AI) and so the only way to select a destination is to wind through them by pressing [F8] and then the [Page Up]/[Page Down] keys. The rollband system works with textures, so if the HOF file doesn't point to a valid texture for the bus in question you'll get no visual indication of what the display is set to. I've not checked, but there might possibly be a HOF/blinds mod in a download centre here or elsewhere for Cotterell and the Volvo Olympian?
That's what I was attempting to get at, just not worded right due to my severe lack of knowledge :P

Solution
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread