Next Stop Announcements (1 Viewer)

Jul 19, 2020
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me get announcements working? I've tried looking in various map and vehicle documentation which don't seem to be much/any help, and searching on the forum which has made suggestions to do things which already seem to be in the right place. The Enviro map mentions something called HANICS/SPID needs to be enabled. This will probably make sense to most forum members, means nothing to someone who is a casual player but has paid them money for this product.

For an example, we'll take the Studio Polygon 400MMC on the Cotterell map. The bus seems to come with sounds for the map, as these are in an OMSI2\Vehicles\Announcements\Studio Polygon\Cotterell folder. So I am loading the map, choosing the bus and Cottrell HOF, selecting a journey to work, firing up the bus, setting the destinations, picking up my passengers and pressing the Q button (which I have checked in my options menu is definitely mapped to Microphone/Announcements).

But no announcements play as we drive along. Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Nope, still not working. I read about needing HANICS/SPID activating in the manual, but I have no idea what a HANICS/SPID is - or how to do that - as the manual doesn’t go any further than that. They just seem to expect you to know. The fact they include the announcements with the product, I don’t know why they don’t come ready activated, or the manual at least explain to you how to activate them. With a product you pay for, you shouldn’t have to spend hours searching the internet to try and get it to work properly.

SPID is the next stop / vehicle info screen which displays the next stop (and the 4 after that) on a route. HANICs is the interior LED display which shows next stop. In the repaints .cti file, at least one of these...

Advertisement

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
I think it's most likely to do with the Hof file.
Announcements are checked through the Hof and so for the [addbusstop_list] tag there must be the names of the files to be called for the announcements.
This means just add Hof like this:
* B u s s t o p s *

[addbusstop_list]
Bus station AI 1
Bath Spa (Train)
St Mary's Church\t\t\t\tSt Mary's Church
Sydney Buildings
Smallcombe Primary
Widcombe Lane
Bathwick Hill Shops
Bathwick Hill - No. 33
Oakley
Claverton Down Road
Convocation Avenue
University of Cotterell C
Bus Station Waiting Point
Bus Station Bay 7
The Pavillion
University of Cotterell A
University of Cotterell B
Bathwick Hill - No. 56
Raby Gardens
North Parade
Railway Station
Bus Station Terminus\t\t\t\tBus Station Layover_#Terminus
[end]
It's not actually "\t" bus pretend its the TAB key.
Fill in the rest with the appropriate file name.

I think it's four tabs after the bus stop name.
I haven't tested because I can't remember how to do the ibis in the E400MMC but I hope this works.

The Announcements\Studio Polygon folder on my computer already has announcements for BoTW 2.9, Cotterell and Yorkshire 2.0, so that must've come either with the E400MMC and/or Lite.
Yes that's true, but not every map.......Are you still having problems or did you solve the issue? the hanics/spid will have to be activated on any repainted bus or default repaint it will be a [setvar]

Advertisement

Jul 19, 2020
Nope, still not working. I read about needing HANICS/SPID activating in the manual, but I have no idea what a HANICS/SPID is - or how to do that - as the manual doesn’t go any further than that. They just seem to expect you to know. The fact they include the announcements with the product, I don’t know why they don’t come ready activated, or the manual at least explain to you how to activate them. With a product you pay for, you shouldn’t have to spend hours searching the internet to try and get it to work properly.

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK

SPID is the next stop / vehicle info screen which displays the next stop (and the 4 after that) on a route. HANICs is the interior LED display which shows next stop. In the repaints .cti file, at least one of these must have a 1 on the setvar.

Last edited:
Solution
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread