New Online VBC System (1 Viewer)

Hello all!

Basically, I've had the idea to start a new online VBC system project that will be written in HTML, PHP and SQL and operate off the Bootstrap framework. The project is basically for those who do not like AOD and would like to start their own VBC-style thing. This will basically be a 'TruckNet for OMSI' essentially.

My plan is to sell it for around about £5, but I may just release it open source (I'm not sure yet). The beauty of it is that it will be openly available for those who get it to edit it to their own needs, or just keep it as it is.

Basically, before I begin, I want ideas as to what you guys think of this and what you'd want to see on it. Also, if you have some web development knowledge and would like to get involved, get in contact!

Kind Regards,

MagicReloadable

Advertisement

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I basically said that to him last night, AOD pretty much does everything you could want, to get to that level you would need plugins that interacted and pulled data from OMSI directly

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Yeah I'd forgo having my phone as an IBIS if OMSI would send data about my driving style, punctuality, passenger complaints and so on to a web database. Owners can then have an interface where they can monitor driver mileage, fuel consumption, driving quality and so on.

Reactions: Fellowslothb

Advertisement

Fellowslothb

Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
It doesn't cost money to play the single player aspect but you indeed need to pay for an operators license or drivers license for a company.

Fellowslothb

Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah the company screen looks absolutely awful, it is this image of random monitors and screens, boards etc with text horribly placed ontop of it.

I sent a new company screen in to the guy who made it and offered my help and got this in reply. "We are not ever going to update any screens in the future"

So if you can do anything which is just as good as AOD or better, I and I am sure the rest of the staff here would be behind it :)  

Reactions: Admin
Yeah... Well basically we have plans to get a new system up, but it'll only be for our VBC. However, it may well be upgraded in the future with the ability for people to start their own VBC and have users join it. It is going to be a long process though as we want to get the system just right, and there is also cost as getting a freelance web developer to do this isn't cheap haha :P .

Something we've all agreed on is that, no matter what, we will not charge for use of the system. As @whistlehead said just the other day, we're not in this for the money, we're in it to make a beneficial benefit to the community, and to provide a good tool for those who wish to start their own VBC.

If you wish to get involved, send me a PM on here and we'll be happy to have you aboard!

Advertisement

Just a quick update on this...

We have just finished organising for a Web Developer to start work on this system. It has some pretty cool features on board and we want to make it as good as it possibly can be. 

The initial release will unfortunately not have direct OMSI integration like AOD does, but we do hope to bring that in later on.

More information and details on the progress of development will be posted in this thread as and when we get updates from the developer. 

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2016
Just a quick update on this...

We have just finished organising for a Web Developer to start work on this system. It has some pretty cool features on board and we want to make it as good as it possibly can be. 

The initial release will unfortunately not have direct OMSI integration like AOD does, but we do hope to bring that in later on.

More information and details on the progress of development will be posted in this thread as and when we get updates from the developer. 

Are you still planning of making this?

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread