Pro Trucker ;)
SCS Software said:Update 1.10 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 is focused on improving the range of truck paint effects. The game is getting new custom paint options now that allow you to tune the trucks to take on very cool metallic paint look.
The standard game interface allows to mix the color components of the metallic paint, but in fact the technology allows for quite a bit more tricks.
We have bundled a sampling of such tricks into a new Steam mini-DLC for the game. The Metallic Paint Jobs DLC can be yours for free, all you need to do is to (1) become a registered member of World of Trucks (worldoftrucks.com), and (2) use the code you will get there on Steam.
We are aware that this will once again be viewed by non-Steam game players as controversial, but we really have no alternate delivery and update method for mini-DLCs available.
Steam makes it so much easier for game developers to support their games long-term, and to concentrate on just on game development itself rather than on distribution and related support issues. We are seriously considering shifting all updates and expansions to Steam infrastructure over time, most likely in 6-12 months timeframe. But we are not quite so far, the 1.10 update is hitting Steam now, but you can be sure that it will be also available for retail copy of the game in a couple of days.
We hope that the free Metallics DLC will indicate that with Steam we are striving to provide you with better service from us in the future. We do not plan to leave anybody behind; all genuine Product Keys we have ever issued for Euro Truck Simulator 2 can activate the game on Steam.
Here is the 1.10 update change-log:
- Support for metallic paint jobs
- Fixed possible rare hang or crash
- Physics parameters of the fifth wheel are configurable in physics.sii
- Updated accessories to support paint jobs
- Corrected speed limits in Austria, Belgium and Germany
- Tweaked prices and unlock levels of some accessories
- Fixed acceleration of traffic
- Tweaked accessories of traffic trucks (badges, mirrors and sunshields)
- Fixed various bugs in truck and trailer models
Last edited by a moderator: