New/Improved sounds on the way already!

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
So SCS are currently out in the USA and have spent the day with Paccar, seemingly recording a new set of sounds for the T680! I'm a little confused as to why they didn't do this before the release of ATS, especially considering that the T680 was one of the launch trucks for the game!

What do you think? Should it have been done earlier and before the game was released or are you just pleased to see them continuing to improve what's already a great sim? :D

Pile more photos and other updates can be found on the SCS Software Twitter Page

Reactions: David.Ikaël

David.Ikaël

Long time virtual driver
Jun 24, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
It's not the first time SCS do a Sound Recording after the released of a truck. For ETS 2, I remember they did one but they didn't change the sound of the truck in the game (I don't remember what truck it was). ;) Maybe they were not satisfied of their work :p
Anyway, if they change the sound of the T680, I hope I will like it ! (In ETS2, I don't really like the new sound of the Volvo...)

As we are talking about the news from SCS's Twitter page, I'd like to share this post.
"It would be fantastic to get this guy into our truck sims!"

And now, do you remember this post on SCS's blog ?
"Oh, there is also a new original manufacturer-branded DLC coming, which will greatly expand your tyre choice ;)."

I let you think about it...

John Necir Rebellion

Jun 9, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
SCS should be able to have a unique sounds for each Kenworth W900 Sounds Specially Catterpillar and Detroit Diesel Engines..

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Should have / could have been done before the release - but perhaps they wanted to do the sound recording in bulk when they had a larger list of trucks they can record maybe...? More financially efficient that way.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
t's not the first time SCS do a Sound Recording after the released of a truck. For ETS 2, I remember they did one but they didn't change the sound of the truck in the game (I don't remember what truck it was). ;) Maybe they were not satisfied of their work :p
Anyway, if they change the sound of the T680, I hope I will like it ! (In ETS2, I don't really like the new sound of the Volvo...)
I remember a blog post a good year or so ago now that explained a lot of why they re-did their sounds for the trucks in ETS2, was something to do with the way the truck sounds under different loads etc and simulating that rather than a standard sound, maybe someone could dig that one up for us!

Reactions: David.Ikaël

Emfunksis

Nov 8, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
That's great and all... but I'd really just love to be able to pull into a truck stop and not have to hunt around for an area that allows me to rest... :mad: