New computer advice (2 Viewers)

Solution
Have you considered getting a gaming laptop - they tend to be cheaper for the same specs and if you haven't got a decent monitor at the moment, you can easily get a good 17inch one without spending another several hundred. At the moment, I've got an MSI Apache Pro with a GTX1060 and an I7 7th gen which was only a bit over £1000. The price has gone up but you can get reasonably cheap PCs from Laptops Direct who I'd highly recommend, even if you are still considering getting a tower.

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
between £300-600
If I'm very honest, you're not going to a PC that'll be that great with that low of a budget. I'd probably look into something a bit more costly. It may also be best to try and get a custom built PC with a decent Nvidia graphics card, and a rather large ram and processor.

Reactions: ben_britton
Sep 24, 2016
Scotland
I have been building PC's for 10 years now and I can honestly say you are not going to get a brand new PC with great specs for that price.

Personally if I had that budget, I would be looking on eBay/Gumtree for a 2nd hand PC as you will find some pretty good deals considering the market for selling used Gaming PC's isn't that great and a lot of experienced builders will take it all apart again and sell the parts individually to get maximum return.

It really depends on what other games you are wanting to play on it as OMSI isn't a demanding game that requires a top of the range PC. It will stutter from time to time on any pc just as the game isn't very well optimised.

My current PC is a SCAN 3XS system which cost me over £2500 and depending on the map it sometimes has a moment.

What I will say is, do not buy one of they prebuilt systems that have all the fancy LED lights in a spaceship looking case for £200/£300 as they are mostly full of unbranded crap that will not last long.

With your budget, I would expect you to be able to source a 1050ti/1060 with decent ram and cpu.

Good luck.

Sep 24, 2016
Scotland
Looking here, I'm definitely going to have to up my budget (lets go up to £1000ish) which is fine, Im working a lot at the moment with the computer in mind, so Ill have to wait a month to get paid again for it. Your help so far guys has been great!!

Entirely up to yourself on budget wise but don't leave yourself short trying to get a top of the range pc.

If you are not bothered about a brand new system and just want a pc that has top parts at a low price, the used market is defo for you will easily get a really good spec pc for that budget.

Are you looking to get a pc already built or just the parts to build one ?

Advertisement

JONESS

CSTC's Ashok Titans make me uncomfortable
Dec 22, 2017
Bournemouth
joshwojones.wixsite.com
Have you considered getting a gaming laptop - they tend to be cheaper for the same specs and if you haven't got a decent monitor at the moment, you can easily get a good 17inch one without spending another several hundred. At the moment, I've got an MSI Apache Pro with a GTX1060 and an I7 7th gen which was only a bit over £1000. The price has gone up but you can get reasonably cheap PCs from Laptops Direct who I'd highly recommend, even if you are still considering getting a tower.

Solution
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread