New ATS screenshots on Steam (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Just copied and pasted them to here so people can see them without having to go through the steam page :)

ATS is looking great, pretty crazy that we've waited so long and now release is only just over 2 weeks away :D

ss_23e7c765bce2f6190d0d14c9912cedd66c052829.1920x1080.jpg

ss_7e86cfd498b4de7163007c2003d9ad0b55fffe96.1920x1080.jpg

ss_97d3f9a133d21f46ebeb13f9222f817933837328.1920x1080.jpg

ss_58321ea2a93c2b759843ad0c1f1e2104276faf92.1920x1080.jpg

Jul 31, 2014
Is that a 389 I see in the mirror!!!?
ss_97d3f9a133d21f46ebeb13f9222f817933837328.1920x1080.jpg

Yeah, a couple of months ago some Youtuber (IDK who though) did a tour through SCS's office and he showed pictures of a Pete in progress, so it could very well be a Pete in that pic.
I do have a bit of suspicion that the KW W900, Volvo and that Pete will be AI only, until they properly finish them... That ATS vid from a week or so ago only showed the 'anteater' Pete and KW as drivable trucks. But again, don't take my word for it.;)

Also, are massive tractor-trailers allowed to drive through downtown SF?o_O Wouldn't be very practical, would it?:confused:

Advertisement

Also, are massive tractor-trailers allowed to drive through downtown SF?o_O Wouldn't be very practical, would it?:confused:

Neither's driving a Tractor trailer through central Paris but we still do that! :p

18 wheelers deliver EVERYWHERE except really small towns where they can just load it onto a rigid, box van or standard van.

Yes and no, the Golden Gate bridge has a length limit to 48 foot trailers and the total length of the truck cannot exceed 55, maybe 60 feet. (Most OTR semis are 65 feet or longer)

Downtown San Francisco does prohibit semis unless otherwise allowed by city officials I.E moving trucks, construction trucks etc... There are warehouses in Oakland and the surrounding bay area where semis offload onto smaller straight trucks for downtown deliveries.

The reason is because downtown SF is full of hills, semis can and have gotten hung up on the hills.

Another similar city with a similar law, though more lax, is NYC, all out of state semis are required to drop at port authority warehouses around NYC for local trucks. Occasionally semis are allowed in, but permits and tolls can cost an arm and a leg. So most companies elect to offload at the warehouses.

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Yes and no, the Golden Gate bridge has a length limit to 48 foot trailers and the total length of the truck cannot exceed 55, maybe 60 feet. (Most OTR semis are 65 feet or longer)

Downtown San Francisco does prohibit semis unless otherwise allowed by city officials I.E moving trucks, construction trucks etc... There are warehouses in Oakland and the surrounding bay area where semis offload onto smaller straight trucks for downtown deliveries.

The reason is because downtown SF is full of hills, semis can and have gotten hung up on the hills.

Another similar city with a similar law, though more lax, is NYC, all out of state semis are required to drop at port authority warehouses around NYC for local trucks. Occasionally semis are allowed in, but permits and tolls can cost an arm and a leg. So most companies elect to offload at the warehouses.
Good info, cheers!

Jul 31, 2014
18 wheelers deliver EVERYWHERE except really small towns where they can just load it onto a rigid, box van or standard van.
Not where I live/work... You'll get exicuted by the state if you even think about delivering goods to shops in a city center with a huge truck. Not that it'd be very practical anyway.
Most goods indeed get transshipped to smaller trucks or vans (or bicycle-couriers...)
Demons sent by Satan himself to mess everything up.
and get delivered that way. And even then you're only allowed to go there with said truck/van on certain times of the day.

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Not where I live/work... You'll get exicuted by the state if you even think about delivering goods to shops in a city center with a huge truck. Not that it'd be very practical anyway.
Most goods indeed get transshipped to smaller trucks or vans (or bicycle-couriers...)
Demons sent by Satan himself to mess everything up.
and get delivered that way. And even then you're only allowed to go there with said truck/van on certain times of the day.
In the UK I've seen some "Loading Times" signs as well. In cities they even mark up curbs with two yellow stripes. Not double-yellow parking lines, actual two stripes going UP the curb.

The yellow sign in the picture is for waiting. The blue circle with a red cross is "No waiting at any time." The times specify when this is in effect.

close-up-of-a-no-waiting-and-no-loading-sign-c9dke4.jpg
0052611.gif
_62011599_ruthinyellowlines002.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread