Need your opinion guys?

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.

What map would you like me to redevelop

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jowilliams15

Veteran Member
Jul 31, 2016
I have opened this thread because i want your views on what map i should redevelop (Mainly LHD maps)

Thanks guys

D

Deleted member 422

@jowilliams15 Beware, that the author of Sutton Coldfield has been inactive for some time. So gaining permission from him might be an issue.

Your best bet, is to start your own map. Then you are not limited to what you can do :)

D

DVA_MEKA18

Same issue:

Some other members have already been through this I'm afraid. If you can get permission, this is something everyone would love to see. Old maps re-kindled...
No it isnt didnt David R say that he doesnt mind about rerelassing his maps just only on Aussiex it isnt allowed due to something that went down (surprise surprise)

Reactions: BML_Atkinson

jowilliams15

Veteran Member
Jul 31, 2016
I cant find the new map file in my OMSI 2 directory

and what would i call it

Last edited by a moderator:

jowilliams15

Veteran Member
Jul 31, 2016
I was thinking i could redevelop Birmingham Sutton Coldfield and would it be possible to release it on here. I will see if i can contact David to gain permission to redevelop the map, but their is a problem it says his account was last used in 2013.

Last edited:

junaidstarz

Junaid sheeraz
Oct 20, 2016
I cant find the new map file in my OMSI 2 directory

and what would i call it
when u open the omsi editor, u open the template folder in the omsi directory, then copy the file "newmap" into your map folder then open it, to give the map a name , come out of the editor and open the newmap folder and click on global, then where it says name and friendly name , underneath them just right the name u want, also u might want to rename the "newmap"
folder

jowilliams15

Veteran Member
Jul 31, 2016
Its not working.

Cant i just do a reworked version of Birmingham Sutton Coldfield, But call it something else

Last edited by a moderator:

jowilliams15

Veteran Member
Jul 31, 2016
The map keeps coming up white when i open it up in the editor. It stopped working ever since i saved the new bus station.

20161221144020_1.jpg

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Might I suggest that you could spend some time practising editing existing maps or making your own before attempting to redo the whole of a map properly? Given the speedy cancellation of your Farthington project due to an error, I think you may need to practise diagnosing and fixing some map issues too. :)

Reactions: BML_Atkinson

jowilliams15

Veteran Member
Jul 31, 2016
Im absolutely fine doing existing maps. I will do a redeveloped version of Birmingham Sutton Coldfield because i have had no answer from the developer

D

Deleted member 422

Im absolutely fine doing existing maps. I will do a redeveloped version of Birmingham Sutton Coldfield because i have had no answer from the developer
Err how does that make sense? You have no reply, meaning anything you do can only be for personal use, and cannot be released.