Need help with doing Metalics in ets2. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2016
Hey everyone.
I have been skinning trucks for a while now, but never knew how to do metallic skins. But the skin i am working on now really needs the metallic effect for the skin to look right..
One thing i have now idea about is what is (Metallic Flake Noise) what is this and where do i find it. ?
Also is their a way i can make a metallic for multiple colors on a single skin.
And one last question. Is their any way to do a realistic candy color.?
Thanks
BrianC.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Pinched this from a thread on the SCS forum, should be what you're looking for. You'll need to adjust things as required for each truck etc :)

The settings for the metallic paints are in the .sii files of the DLC,

Code:
SiiNunit
{
accessory_paint_job_data : color_m5.volvo.fh16_2012.paint_job
{
  name: "Aqua Serenity"
   price: 11500
   unlock: 0
   base_color :  (0, 0.0202, 0.0409)
  icon: "met_color5.dlc_metallics"
   base_color_locked: true
   stock: false
  flipflake : true
  flip_color : (0.0185, 0.0047, 0.0176)
  flake_color: (0.6239, 1, 0.913)
  flip_strength: 1.3
  flake_uvscale :  6.900
   flake_density :  1.0
  flake_shininess :  20.0
  flake_clearcoat_rolloff :  4.5
  flake_noise: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/flake_pattern04.dlc_metallics.tobj"
  base_color_locked: false
  flip_color_locked: false
  flake_color_locked: false
  alternate_uvset: true
}
}

You can find the metallic flake in the new base.scs file, base\material\custom\flake_noise.dds.

If you know how to edit .tobj's & dds alpha channels, you can create your own background pattern, like I have done. It's just a simple tiled image & you will need to play with the flake_uvscale to get it looking right. Here's my .sii file for you to look at,

Code:
SiiNunit
{
accessory_paint_job_data : color_m10.volvo.fh16_2012.paint_job
{
  name: "Peach Wine"
   price: 11500
   unlock: 0
   base_color :  (0.2462, 0.0318, 0.0761)
  icon: "met_color10dlc_metallics"
   base_color_locked: true
   stock: false
  flipflake : true
  flip_color : (0.0953, 0.0193, 0)
  flake_color: (1, 0.5711, 0)
  flake_uvscale :  1.1
  flake_density :  1.0
  flake_shininess :  20.0
  flake_clearcoat_rolloff :  4.5
  flake_noise: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/flake_pattern10.dlc_metallics.tobj"
  base_color_locked: false
  flip_color_locked: false
  flake_color_locked: false
  alternate_uvset: true
}
}

Note how the names have a 10 in them, this will allow me to create 99 more tiled patterns hehehe.

Happy modding, Turt

Source: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=144986#p237994

Advertisement

Jan 10, 2016
This was posted on AMT's facebook by John Necir Rebellion
Steps in Making Metallic Paintjob using ETS2 Studio:
1. In the Main Window Click for the Truck Skin Tool Tab.
2. Choose a Base Truck in Base Truck Tab.
3. Fill up the properties in Skin Properties Tab, Choose Airbrush or Mask and check the ☐Metallic checkbox in Skin type.
4. Browse your Skin image in the Truck Skin Tab (must be *.dds or *.png format).
5. Browse your Icon Image; if you don't have Click the Use Default Button in Workshop Icon Tab (must be *.dds or *.png format).
6. In Metallic Options Tab enter your custom metallic values or you could use this SCS' Default values:
flip_color : (0.15, 0.15, 0.15)
flake_color: (1, 1, 1)

flake_uvscale : 48.0
flake_density : 0.6
flake_shininess : 20.0
flake_clearcoat_rolloff : 4.5
7. Browse for your metallic flake noise or just browse for scs' default metallic flake noise (flake_noise.dds) in the link below.
8. And You could now Click The Export Button so you could make your Metallic Skin Mod in *.scs file to your mod folder (Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod/).

Download this Nessesarry File including the Flake noise: http://sharemods.com/sx…/Metallic_Paintjob_Tutorial.rar.html

Last edited:

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
This was posted on AMT's facebook by John Necir Rebellion
Steps in Making Metallic Paintjob using ETS2 Studio:
1. In the Main Window Click for the Truck Skin Tool Tab.
2. Choose a Base Truck in Base Truck Tab.
3. Fill up the properties in Skin Properties Tab, Choose Airbrush or Mask and check the ☐Metallic checkbox in Skin type.
4. Browse your Skin image in the Truck Skin Tab (must be *.dds or *.png format).
5. Browse your Icon Image; if you don't have Click the Use Default Button in Workshop Icon Tab (must be *.dds or *.png format).
6. In Metallic Options Tab enter your custom metallic values or you could use this SCS' Default values:
flip_color : (0.15, 0.15, 0.15)
flake_color: (1, 1, 1)

flake_uvscale : 48.0
flake_density : 0.6
flake_shininess : 20.0
flake_clearcoat_rolloff : 4.5
7. Browse for your metallic flake noise or just browse for scs' default metallic flake noise (flake_noise.dds) in the link below.
8. And You could now Click The Export Button so you could make your Metallic Skin Mod in *.scs file to your mod folder (Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod/).

Download this Nessesarry File including the Flake noise: http://sharemods.com/sx…/Metallic_Paintjob_Tutorial.rar.html

@John Necir Rebellion ;)

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread