National Express Levante (1 Viewer)

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Hi all

Anyone been on these yet? Any improvements?National Exoress Caetano Levante

I wonder when the 450 will use these as thanks to the DfT, EMT and now EMR the fares are so high the 450 is running 2 to 3 extra coaches to cope with the demand along the midland mainline.

The twats outpriced the train so much it’s running half empty lol

Last edited:

Advertisement

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi all

I wonder when the 450 will use these as thanks to the DfT, EMT and now EMR the fares are so high the 450 is running 2 to 3 extra coaches to cope with the demand along the midland mainline.

We have some of these at Walsall garage, I really like the look of them. Fellow drivers say they nice to drive

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
Hi all

Yeah, I've been on one of EY's on the 440. They are quite fast, and have a very nice ride quality. Wonderful to travel on. However, I didn't really see too much difference between that and the Levante 2, other than design and the type of chassis.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Thanks all. Yes I see them on the A6, so National Express is run by private operators but fares set by Nat Ex? The B11R seems to be better. The B8L seems better than the B5TL. Hopefully a better engineered iShift as currently the Scania’s are still smoother than the Volvo on the Levante 2 on departure but at speed is fine

Apr 16, 2016

Every time in the last two or three years I have used the MML to or from London (for work) I have had full trains at every time of the day/day of the week and even First/Standard class. One time I had to stand all the way from Derby on a slow Sunday service. Unfortunately the price increase is set by the government so EMR (and other companies) cannot do much about that but for the most part more local tickets are good value and can sometimes be cheaper than the bus.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Every time in the last two or three years I have used the MML to or from London (for work) I have had full trains at every time of the day/day of the week and even First/Standard class. One time I had to stand all the way from Derby on a slow Sunday service. Unfortunately the price increase is set by the government so EMR (and other companies) cannot do much about that but for the most part more local tickets are good value and can sometimes be cheaper than the bus.

From London to Nottingham it's quite a lot, the local services aren't as expensive but the distance is a factor, the Nat Ex coach 450, like i've said has 2 or 3 coaches on the schedule due to the demand, comparison to a 170£ ticket off peak to 15.00 for me and my wife is a huge comparison. Driving is even quicker as you can take the A1 to avoid Northampton.

I hope that the 450 gets the Levante 3 as it will enhance the trip.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread