My Opinion on ATS (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

Advertisement

this game will be worth it they are just getting everything polished and working and they will release when they know it is ready for the masses.

You mean polished like all other games theyve released from the past? No game is ever polished when it comes out. Not saying it will be no good, but lets be realistic here. I never said it wouldnt be worth it either. People equate time with how good a game will be and thats not so a majority of the time, especially now-a-days.

You mean polished like all other games theyve released from the past? No game is ever polished when it comes out. Not saying it will be no good, but lets be realistic here. I never said it wouldnt be worth it either. People equate time with how good a game will be and thats not so a majority of the time, especially now-a-days.

good point this group of guys and girls are some of the best though and i think if it is as good as ETS2 "which i think just because it will actually be in my country that it will be better". than i think this game will be great.

I am by far a VERY heavy gamer. When I am tracking a game's progress, the suspense just kills me. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the release of Thief Reboot for the longest time, and even as a beta tester I hated waiting for FFXIV to go live.

Now, that said, both examples above kept the players waiting for a LONG time, but no one was disappointed at release. Why? because the product was complete, bug free, and immersive to the fullest.

Simulation is the peak of such expectations - especially when it comes to environment and immersion. I actually vote for and HOPE and PLEAD that SCS does NOT release ATS until they feel they have a COMPLETE product that is ready to roll out. I just joined this site moments before making this post, and already I have seen debate over the release date. I would GLADLY wait until 2015, which logically at this stage, with ATS being in Alpha, would be the SOONEST we would see ATS. But regardless I would GLADLY wait to see a completed product that is stable and ready to go.

For now, e have ETS2, with a HUGE modding community, and plenty of new content between modders and DLC to keep us more than busy until then. I admit I ran out of stuff to do in ETS2 by default - then I installed TSM and bam! Much more exploring, new challenges and new sites to take in.

So my two cents - don't release until finished and don;t pull a Cryptic Studios/Perfect World/Atari and crumble under peer pressure from the community. Those companies did that and we got shoddy games and huge disappointment.

Reactions: Muzz and Max

Advertisement

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread