My Opinion on ATS

Hank

Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
I think SCS should release ATS now with the Kenworth and Peterbilt and California, and just make updates later with more trucks and states. Who agrees with me?

Reactions: Daramin

Daramin

Feb 23, 2014
Favourite Truck
Western Star
True dat,but the AI and everything;people are going to get mad about the terrible incomplete AI and all the other features that complement the game while making it the unique simulator it is.

Reactions: Hank

carbon

Dec 29, 2013
I wish it was here now, but I would rather them take their time with it than release something that isn't complete

ZANGETSU91

May 14, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
best thing is to wait and release it when its done clean of bugs and gliches.thats my opinion

Yozza

Mar 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I can not wait to get ATS, but at the end of the day regardless of when the release date is, I am prepared to wait until SCS get things right. Then there will be less chances of on going updates to keep installing.

In my eyes it will be ready when its ready.

JamesCollins

Jun 28, 2014
I wish it was here now, but I would rather them take their time with it than release something that isn't complete
Thats what they said about RigNRoll too. We see how great all that time turned out. If theres a game worth playing, the community will stand behind it. RnR was not one of those game. My 2 cents.

Reactions: Hank

James Hilliker

Jul 22, 2014
Thats what they said about RigNRoll too. We see how great all that time turned out. If theres a game worth playing, the community will stand behind it. RnR was not one of those game. My 2 cents.
this game will be worth it they are just getting everything polished and working and they will release when they know it is ready for the masses.

JamesCollins

Jun 28, 2014
this game will be worth it they are just getting everything polished and working and they will release when they know it is ready for the masses.
You mean polished like all other games theyve released from the past? No game is ever polished when it comes out. Not saying it will be no good, but lets be realistic here. I never said it wouldnt be worth it either. People equate time with how good a game will be and thats not so a majority of the time, especially now-a-days.

James Hilliker

Jul 22, 2014
You mean polished like all other games theyve released from the past? No game is ever polished when it comes out. Not saying it will be no good, but lets be realistic here. I never said it wouldnt be worth it either. People equate time with how good a game will be and thats not so a majority of the time, especially now-a-days.
good point this group of guys and girls are some of the best though and i think if it is as good as ETS2 "which i think just because it will actually be in my country that it will be better". than i think this game will be great.

JamesCollins

Jun 28, 2014
I agree. I have never been disappointed before (besides Convoy) so, Im sure whenever this comes out it will be great. Probably just an American version of ETS2. Nothing wrong with that either. I was happy with Haulin' if it werent for the AI and sequential gear shifting, id still be running it, but ETS2 is it for me atm.

adam&trucks

6 year truck sim driver.:D
Feb 7, 2014
i couldent agree more! but based on cites we know about so far i think if it realeased now its gonna be a short drive,o_O :D even we dont know if the hole state of cal is done! if it is it would be a great idea to realease it.:D

Faelandaea

Jul 28, 2014
I am by far a VERY heavy gamer. When I am tracking a game's progress, the suspense just kills me. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the release of Thief Reboot for the longest time, and even as a beta tester I hated waiting for FFXIV to go live.

Now, that said, both examples above kept the players waiting for a LONG time, but no one was disappointed at release. Why? because the product was complete, bug free, and immersive to the fullest.

Simulation is the peak of such expectations - especially when it comes to environment and immersion. I actually vote for and HOPE and PLEAD that SCS does NOT release ATS until they feel they have a COMPLETE product that is ready to roll out. I just joined this site moments before making this post, and already I have seen debate over the release date. I would GLADLY wait until 2015, which logically at this stage, with ATS being in Alpha, would be the SOONEST we would see ATS. But regardless I would GLADLY wait to see a completed product that is stable and ready to go.

For now, e have ETS2, with a HUGE modding community, and plenty of new content between modders and DLC to keep us more than busy until then. I admit I ran out of stuff to do in ETS2 by default - then I installed TSM and bam! Much more exploring, new challenges and new sites to take in.

So my two cents - don't release until finished and don;t pull a Cryptic Studios/Perfect World/Atari and crumble under peer pressure from the community. Those companies did that and we got shoddy games and huge disappointment.

Reactions: Muzz and Max