Model Issue (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 422

So as I was gonna take screenshots for a WIP topic I loaded into OMSi and my model has gone all over the place :(. Can anyone help me here?

I fixed it earlier thanks to RoadHog and Lowlander but I redesigned the model in Blender and done everything like last time and it's all shaped weird again :(

What bus is it meant to be? By the looks of the Omsi picture its just a few texturing issue's.

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

I thing I will say though, the Tempo's I seen have a bit of a blockier front end. I think yours is a little over curved. Not sure though ;)  Unless you're doing the SR, then its perfect!

Last edited:

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
As I said on the stream, you've got "n-gons" there (faces with more than 4 edges). It may look neater in Blender like that, but that doesn't carry to Omsi very well as you've seen. It might be worth you taking a look at the Omsi 2 Development thread - it includes some nice screenshots of wire-frame NL202s, including this that show's it's entirely made of rectangles and triangles (which are the only two shapes DirectX and therefore Omsi understands): :)

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

@Road-hog123 I'll have a go at seeing if I can fix it now. I thought the hardest part of modeling would be getting the actual shape  :'(  and @Kieron I've been following this so I assume they might be that curvy or the blueprint is lying to us  Kappa

I think you could be being lied to Kappa  If you look, I have taken just a random one off of google images which I think shows what I mean:

View attachment 3882Where the red circles are it is a bit more blunter than your blueprint, however I suggest you use the blueprint for now and then see how it turns out in the final product and adjust it then if need be.

Reactions: Mystic Greg

Mystic Greg

Add-on London Team
May 22, 2016
I think you could be being lied to Kappa  If you look, I have taken just a random one off of google images which I think shows what I mean:

View attachment 3882Where the red circles are it is a bit more blunter than your blueprint, however I suggest you use the blueprint for now and then see how it turns out in the final product and adjust it then if need be.

I did just copy and paste the sides and joined them up to see how it looks so that could be the reason why. Wanted to see what a full body would be like first  ;)  but yeah I do see where you're coming from now though :)

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Quick tip: Select the whole mesh in edit mode and press Ctrl+T. This trangulates everything so you don't get any problems, though you probably want to do it after you're happy with the shape as it can make the models harder to edit.

Mystic Greg

Add-on London Team
May 22, 2016
Quick tip: Select the whole mesh in edit mode and press Ctrl+T. This trangulates everything so you don't get any problems, though you probably want to do it after you're happy with the shape as it can make the models harder to edit.

I did do that but it still didn't like it :/ . In the end I had to press ALT+J I think to make it quads instead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread