tiny.gif

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Not quite 'name that bus' but more 'spot the odd one out'

So out of these six Scanias, one is different. Have a guess at which one it is and why.
(In fact it's probably easier to guess why than which one)
spot the odd scania out.png

I'm just going to trust that no-one's going to just google the registrations...

the 'odd' one is missing something that the other 5 have on their fronts

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire

So out of these six Scanias, one is different. Have a guess at which one it is and why.
View attachment 56064

The text on the middle-right one, because it's maybe not on a NCT line that has services every 7, 10 or 15 minutes?
Another difference I've spotted is that the middle two are lacking the Scania badge.

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him

View attachment 56064

Given my limited NCT knowledge, aswell as YN04ANP having a blank front, it's also a N94UB Omnitown iirc whereas the rest are N94UD Omnidekkas

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Given my limited NCT knowledge, aswell as YN04ANP having a blank front, it's also a N94UB Omnitown iirc whereas the rest are N94UD Omnidekkas
Ooh you might just be right!
Haven't even though about the possibility of one being
an OmniTown...!
yeah you're both right
I thought the lack of frequency branding would be the most obvious thing - side lights appear to be different too for some odd reason.
Funnily enough it was only withdrawn last week while the others all went ages ago. No more Scania 4 series in the fleet (except for a couple of driver trainers which are living on borrowed time - they're being replaced soon too by 61 plates of all things, which were definitely still fit for service)

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
yeah you're both right
I thought the lack of frequency branding would be the most obvious thing - side lights appear to be different too for some odd reason.
Funnily enough it was only withdrawn last week while the others all went ages ago. No more Scania 4 series in the fleet (except for a couple of driver trainers which are living on borrowed time - they're being replaced soon too by 61 plates of all things, which were definitely still fit for service)
Ah yes, I see.
Sad to hear they're going. :(

Also, yeah, I probably would've gotten much easier if I was at least somewhat familiar with Nottingham and the branding on Nottingham's buses. ;)

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
I believe that's a Volvo B10M Citybus possibly ex Nottingham?
ex-Nottingham: Yes
B10M Citybus: No, although the did have some Citybuses that looked the same as this. The bodies were pretty much identical.
MCW something-or-other?
nope, although I can see where you're coming from. Minus the front grille and a smaller bumper it wouldn't look a million miles away from a Mk2 Metrobus.

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Northern Counties Leyland Lion?
Yessss, it's a Leyland DAB Lion.
Apparently this one has an East Lancs body, not that it's possible to tell since NCT had their own unique bodywork design that they got quite a number of manufacturers to build (Northern Counties, East Lancs, ECW, Willowbrook, MCW... and more probably) and they all looked the same no matter who built them.
I bet at this age it's had so many parts swapped every other panel has come from a different manufacturer!
IMG_7730.JPG

Yessss, it's a Leyland DAB Lion.
Apparently this one has an East Lancs body, not that it's possible to tell since NCT had their own unique bodywork design that they got quite a number of manufacturers to build (Northern Counties, East Lancs, ECW, Willowbrook, MCW... and more probably) and they all looked the same no matter who built them.
I bet at this age it's had so many parts swapped every other panel has come from a different manufacturer!
View attachment 64850
The top nose design is relatable to the East Lancs 1984 - 1991 design they used on B10M Citybuses and old Scanias and probably Dennis chassis. The rest of the body is completely weird

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread