Mini Game: Name that bus!

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Not quite 'name that bus' but more 'spot the odd one out'

So out of these six Scanias, one is different. Have a guess at which one it is and why.
(In fact it's probably easier to guess why than which one)
spot the odd scania out.png

I'm just going to trust that no-one's going to just google the registrations...

the 'odd' one is missing something that the other 5 have on their fronts

Jun 28, 2018
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt

So out of these six Scanias, one is different. Have a guess at which one it is and why.
View attachment 56064

The text on the middle-right one, because it's maybe not on a NCT line that has services every 7, 10 or 15 minutes?
Another difference I've spotted is that the middle two are lacking the Scania badge.

Lukeyboi

Veteran Member
Apr 5, 2016

View attachment 56064

Given my limited NCT knowledge, aswell as YN04ANP having a blank front, it's also a N94UB Omnitown iirc whereas the rest are N94UD Omnidekkas

Jun 28, 2018
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
Given my limited NCT knowledge, aswell as YN04ANP having a blank front, it's also a N94UB Omnitown iirc whereas the rest are N94UD Omnidekkas
Ooh you might just be right!
Haven't even though about the possibility of one being
an OmniTown...!

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Ooh you might just be right!
Haven't even though about the possibility of one being
an OmniTown...!
yeah you're both right
I thought the lack of frequency branding would be the most obvious thing - side lights appear to be different too for some odd reason.
Funnily enough it was only withdrawn last week while the others all went ages ago. No more Scania 4 series in the fleet (except for a couple of driver trainers which are living on borrowed time - they're being replaced soon too by 61 plates of all things, which were definitely still fit for service)

Jun 28, 2018
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
yeah you're both right
I thought the lack of frequency branding would be the most obvious thing - side lights appear to be different too for some odd reason.
Funnily enough it was only withdrawn last week while the others all went ages ago. No more Scania 4 series in the fleet (except for a couple of driver trainers which are living on borrowed time - they're being replaced soon too by 61 plates of all things, which were definitely still fit for service)
Ah yes, I see.
Sad to hear they're going. :(

Also, yeah, I probably would've gotten much easier if I was at least somewhat familiar with Nottingham and the branding on Nottingham's buses. ;)