Microsystems Design Ltd Ticket Printer + Parkeon card scanner (1 Viewer)

Lochlan

CheesyBiscuits
Oct 23, 2016
Birmingham Westmidlands
_SAM7333.JPG

A couple years ago I went to a bus garage open day in West Bromwich. It was around the time National Express were fitting new ticket printers, scanners and computers to their vehicles and so they were selling all of the old hardware off to visitors for cheap. It were about £15 for a ticket printer and £5 for a scanner. I picked a set that was in good condition and regretted not going by car and having to carry them both on a bus then a train home. I was cleaning out the underneath of my desk and came across them again and thought maybe I could get them going. The back of the ticket printer has a 25 pin serial port and the scanner seems to have a USB B connector, along with what looks to be a power connector which sits next to a 2 pin connector. I don't know if there is any software I could download, sadly I didn't get my hands on a Parkeon ticket computer to help emulate the ticket printing process. Does anyone know anything about this sort of stuff? I only really bought them because maybe in the future they would gain some collectable value.

Attachments

• _SAM7337.JPG
    _SAM7337.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
  • _SAM7335.JPG
    _SAM7335.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
  • _SAM7340.JPG
    _SAM7340.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 32
  • _SAM7338.JPG
    _SAM7338.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 38
  • _SAM7339.JPG
    _SAM7339.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 36
  • _SAM7343.JPG
    _SAM7343.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 32
  • _SAM7342.JPG
    _SAM7342.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 29
Reactions: reverseidle

Advertisement

Oct 17, 2016
I have a TGX200 which I bought as a collectable, and also managed to get my hands on some software to actually use it - however, it is very hard to get software for ticket machines and sadly I don't think you will be able to get hold of both the ETM and the software for your NXWM one :(

reverseidle

Studio Polygon
Sep 14, 2019
View attachment 70992
A couple years ago I went to a bus garage open day in West Bromwich. It was around the time National Express were fitting new ticket printers, scanners and computers to their vehicles and so they were selling all of the old hardware off to visitors for cheap. It were about £15 for a ticket printer and £5 for a scanner. I picked a set that was in good condition and regretted not going by car and having to carry them both on a bus then a train home. I was cleaning out the underneath of my desk and came across them again and thought maybe I could get them going. The back of the ticket printer has a 25 pin serial port and the scanner seems to have a USB B connector, along with what looks to be a power connector which sits next to a 2 pin connector. I don't know if there is any software I could download, sadly I didn't get my hands on a Parkeon ticket computer to help emulate the ticket printing process. Does anyone know anything about this sort of stuff? I only really bought them because maybe in the future they would gain some collectable value.

Asking on somewhere like here Facebook Groups or any other bus preservation groups will be worth a shot, there's quite a few ticket machine related questions on there that get answered on the linked group.

Reactions: Kyle C

Lochlan

CheesyBiscuits
Oct 23, 2016
Birmingham Westmidlands
I have a TGX200 which I bought as a collectable, and also managed to get my hands on some software to actually use it - however, it is very hard to get software for ticket machines and sadly I don't think you will be able to get hold of both the ETM and the software for your NXWM one :(
I know its been a while but I have now come into possession of a TGX200 from Johnsons Excelbus. Do you know anything about how to use the machines?

Advertisement

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread