Microsoft Flight Simulator (New) (1 Viewer)

LonelyOldDaf

Crisp Pringale !
Dec 28, 2017
Chelsea, London
Not that but still what I play for now :)

Attachments

• 4E8078FB-06DF-4AB0-8DD3-EF8E9CA8C34A.jpeg
    4E8078FB-06DF-4AB0-8DD3-EF8E9CA8C34A.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 43

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Proof will be in the pudding for me. I don't really trust big developers with series' anymore. I can see it going one of a few ways:

They've got some old team members back and are rebooting the series, so it'll be an improvement on the classics

or

It'll basically be SimCity all over again, including forced server connectivity to servers that don't work.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Proof will be in the pudding for me. I don't really trust big developers with series' anymore. I can see it going one of a few ways:

They've got some old team members back and are rebooting the series, so it'll be an improvement on the classics

or

It'll basically be SimCity all over again, including forced server connectivity to servers that don't work.

I am agreeing with you because, we've been let down by DTG for a number of years, because the core wizards left RSDL and it became just a cog in the system, then OMSI came and restored that attention to detail, to be left after OMSI 2 due to conflicts with the core developers!! So yeah I agree it's not been fun for the end user, but we shall see, no doubt they've realised their error in giving up on a budding genre and no doubt seen what could be better.

I would of thought the technology advancements meant better gameplay for PC but the problem with the PC market is too many use PCs not fit for purpose so I can see why this is on Xbox first before PC.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North

While this is not the moment to answer every question being asked, we do want to take the opportunity to answer a few important ones:
  1. We are making Microsoft Flight Simulator. Emphasis on the word SIMULATOR.
  2. Designed for PC, optimized for multiplatform support (e.g. Xbox).
  3. Yes. We are supporting 3rd Party Content Development and Community Content creation. We are aware of the concerns in the current eco-system and are working to address them.
  4. Yes. We genuinely want to work closely with the community in the development of this title.
  5. Accessibility is important to us. Whatever your abilities are, if you want to fly, we are going to do whatever we can to make that happen. Yoke and pedals, mouse and keyboard, controller, etc. No pilot should be left behind.
So in keeping up with this thread, it's come from the horses mouth, what their basic intentions are.

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
What do we think? I know what I think and this is gameplay footage. A handful of youtubers/ streamers were invited by Microsoft to try the sim first hand

How this works is Very high level. Hopefully this makes current devs take stock

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Honestly don't care about paying monthly for certain things - for example we already pay monthly for Adobe programs. MSFS would have a significant cost to MS in streaming data to the players, so I can understand why there is an ongoing cost.

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
who would buy this on xbox lmao
let's be honest no one cares about the Xbox release it wouldn't even be out on Xbox if it wasn't a Microsoft title which tbf it doesn't have to be all the focus is on PC where it should be and everything will come first on PC as it should
Many many people, including myself. The Xbox has a set spec which MFS 2020 can build up to for it to be optimised enough to a good and playable standard. You don't know what the PC requirements are yet, I've got a mediocre PC and an Xbox One S, and if the Xbox is going to get more FPS and look better than on my PC, obviously I'm going to buy it on the Xbox

Yuki7144

Announcement Pack-er
Apr 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Whilst I agree with iomex in that the huge costs to run these servers would have to be supported, I also feel like as we move towards subscription based software, especially MSFS, at some point, we won't be able to play it, whether it be due to them not supporting it, or in MSFS's case, a complete inability to play it due to them most likely shutting their MSFS server down when they stop supporting it. A game like OMSI for example, if that used maps based solely off of servers and downloaded to PCs, at the point where development stopped, these servers would have most likely stopped being maintained.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread