Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - 18/08/2020 release (1 Viewer)

Will you be getting Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
As per the title says, the much-awaited Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 shall be released on the 18th August 2020! There are 3 options, with Standard, Premium and Deluxe Premium. The only real difference is the amount of default aircraft and the amount of highly detailed airports. Even if you don't have all the detailed airports available, you can still fly to them, it's just they won't be as detailed.

The link takes you to the MFS2020 page, where it shows the aircraft and airports which are coming with release.

Last edited:

Advertisement

LazyGuy222

May 7, 2016
Leicester
Wow the polls for No. I've not followed this for a while but is it all show and no go?
The issue I think most people have is that they've focused too much on the graphics. The flight simulator aspect itself I think has been slightly ignored. Certain aspects of it, such as the A320neo cockpit, the 787's design, the smoke on touchdown are either nonexistent or just wrong. Hopefully, a demo version will be available, as it is rather expensive for a simulator which is all graphics and no physics.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
The issue I think most people have is that they've focused too much on the graphics. The flight simulator aspect itself I think has been slightly ignored. Certain aspects of it, such as the A320neo cockpit, the 787's design, the smoke on touchdown are either nonexistent or just wrong. Hopefully, a demo version will be available, as it is rather expensive for a simulator which is all graphics and no physics.
And I thought they had the simulation as the focus. I know we can have great graphics now but pretty looking doesn't mean great. OMSI is ancient compared to this but offers so much more.

LazyGuy222

May 7, 2016
Leicester

iiBus

Edinburgh bus enthusiast & Downloads moderator
Downloads Moderator
Outreach
Mar 8, 2020
Scotland, United Kingdom
Pronouns
He/Him
  • Sad
Reactions: LazyGuy222

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
I was planning to buy it on my Xbox One but apparently people have said it's only coming to the Xbox One X series which screws up my plans of even attempting to play the game. I do have a PC that may be able to run it but not without it looking rubbish or overheating as you're gonna be running the game for hours in most cases

Advertisement

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
The flight simulator aspect itself I think has been slightly ignored... Hopefully, a demo version will be available, as it is rather expensive for a simulator which is all graphics and no physics.
@LT586
It has a new flight dynamic engine which is no longer tied to game framerate, new collision model and ground handling supporting sloped runways, and a whole new weather engine which pulls better weather than anything we've ever seen in any sim - the aircraft are no longer on rails, they bob around on the air currents, you get ridge lift, and control surface movements impact surrounding surfaces (I think Asobo said they simulate something like 1000 points versus 1 in previous MSFS versions). The default aircraft's systems are an order of magnitude better than previous iterations, whilst not study sim level we're getting native FMS with support for SIDs, STARs and ARINC format AIRAC updates. On basis of all that I don't think it's fair to say it's "all graphics".

You can subscribe to Xbox Gamepass PC (for $5 pcm I think with no minimum term) so you can try it out cheaply. The pricing for a lifetime licence really isn't bad at all given all the data they will need to serve up from the cloud, and it's broadly in-line with what we paid for FSX upon release once you account for inflation, but we're getting a lot more content this time.

There's a video on the physics at , here's a few snippets:
1594681567841.png

1594681628134.png

Last edited:

LazyGuy222

May 7, 2016
Leicester
From the many videos which people have now been able to release from the closed beta, I am increasingly uncertain about how good this so-called simulator will be. The physics, as I mentioned before, seems far too arcade-like and not like what a simulator should be. Especially concerning landing physics, wing flex and engine dynamics.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread