Metroline's BYD Double Deckers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2016
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for this double Decker BYD for OMSI 2 - http://www.byd.com/news/news-325.html  But I am unable to find it, Does anyone know who may have this or possibly build it?

YDrd5ub_nEB23FWVtVmXnaDIow72D8dr.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Neither of these buses has been made for OMSI, I am certain - making a bus well takes a lot of hard work and devotion, and we have very few bus makers in the UK community, who are thinly stretched with their own projects as they are.

If you'd like to have a try yourself, there would be lots of support behind you, but it is a very challenging thing to do :)

Jun 29, 2016
Neither of these buses has been made for OMSI, I am certain - making a bus well takes a lot of hard work and devotion, and we have very few bus makers in the UK community, who are thinly stretched with their own projects as they are.

If you'd like to have a try yourself, there would be lots of support behind you, but it is a very challenging thing to do :)

I wouldn't know where to start :S

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
1. Find Blueprints of the bus (not paper buses)

2. Learn Blender

3. Take lots of reference photos of every single part of the bus

4. Record sounds

5. Script everything

6. Profit.

It's difficult for sure, but that's the general steps to it. For Blender tutorials, use 44090 digital models.

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Now now... Some people want a model of a Streetshite, remember...

I find the progress of electric buses interesting. The technology certainly isn't fully matured yet, but it's getting to the point of being commercially viable.

Thing is, even though Electric buses are the technology of tomorrow. I cannot see it being a sustainable resource. I think the main issue with BYD is the body work, it just looks like a box on wheels which is overpriced and way too heavy. 

Lets hope the BYD E200EV does well in the UK market after the first batch of 50 buses enter service next month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Thing is, even though Electric buses are the technology of tomorrow. I cannot see it being a sustainable resource. I think the main issue with what BYD is the body work just looks like a box on wheels which is overpriced and way too heavy. 

Lets hope the BYD E200EV does well in the UK market after the first batch of 50 buses enter service next month.

That's an interesting debate. My view on the matter is that while at the moment an electric bus may source its power form unsustainable resources, it has something a diesel bus doesn't, which is the potential to run on 100% renewable energy once our grid reaches a stage where it can handle it. A diesel bus cannot be totally sustainable by its nature.

The body is hideous, but the bus is just a trial, and as they're entering a partnership with ADL hopefully we'll see a much nicer looking vehicle come out of it. If the interior is anything like the K-9s, then they really need that partnership *shudders*.

However, I don't think that battery buses are the answer in cities, opportunistic or inductive charging is something I'm much more in favour of. Induction charging is relatively inefficient, but has great potential to be deployed on motorways and the like to keep the bus moving, and charging stations at bus stops would allow rapid recharges whenever necessary. This means a reduction in the size of the battery pack, and therefore a drop in kerb weight and an increase in passenger capacity.

Reactions: Rhys

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016

If a bus were made, that's just a Trolleybus which the country got rid of century's ago. I doubt they will want to go back to that, and in London, I can't see it being practical.

Lukeo

Content Creator
Jun 4, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
Thing is, even though Electric buses are the technology of tomorrow. I cannot see it being a sustainable resource. I think the main issue with BYD is the body work, it just looks like a box on wheels which is overpriced and way too heavy. 

I agree the BYD double deckers look horrid, but it is just a trial and I'm sure if the trial is a success we'll see them made with nicer, existing bodywork such as that of ADL. Just like the incoming BYD electric buses which'll have enviro 200 mmc bodywork for routes 507/521.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
That's an interesting debate. My view on the matter is that while at the moment an electric bus may source its power form unsustainable resources, it has something a diesel bus doesn't, which is the potential to run on 100% renewable energy once our grid reaches a stage where it can handle it. A diesel bus cannot be totally sustainable by its nature.

The body is hideous, but the bus is just a trial, and as they're entering a partnership with ADL hopefully we'll see a much nicer looking vehicle come out of it. If the interior is anything like the K-9s, then they really need that partnership *shudders*.

However, I don't think that battery buses are the answer in cities, opportunistic or inductive charging is something I'm much more in favour of. Induction charging is relatively inefficient, but has great potential to be deployed on motorways and the like to keep the bus moving, and charging stations at bus stops would allow rapid recharges whenever necessary. This means a reduction in the size of the battery pack, and therefore a drop in kerb weight and an increase in passenger capacity.

Even if our grid was powered 100% by fossil burn, it's still more efficient per passenger mile than diesel - economy of scale. It's just unfortunate that battery technology has not kept pace - they're far, far too big, heavy, weak and dangerous for the applications we need.

Trolleybuses are good, but the required OHLE is a prohibitive issue, and buried induced current introduces its own problems owing to prohibitively disruptive and slow construction time and lack of flexibility. Gas is a good intermediate until we have a way for electric to work better for us.

Advertisement

May 22, 2016
Hong Kong
Pronouns
He/Him
I think people will be not interested to this Chinese bus, as people knows the quality of the bus....... But BYD buses have been spreading all around the world, From Hong Kong, to China, to Japan, US, UK, the Netherlands , and more countries and places.

But if someone really works on this BYD or the Irizar, then this might be first electric bus ever created in OMSI2 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread