Buses Mercedes-Benz O405N (2 Viewers)

Hi everyone, what started out as me messing around in Blender has evolved into an actual project.

The Mercedes-Benz O405N is a low floor bus which saw its success within the U.K between 1998 to 2013, Travel West Midlands/NXWM/NXC had almost 200 during that period although a small handfull of examples are still around under training bus and preserved show bus status. The scream from there magnificent ZF transmission is what sparked my interest in transport from an early age.

Variants:
A regional variant, with perhaps the setvar option of various route and destination displays, as there were different types.

Release Date:
No idea, not anytime soon.

I would love to hear some tips, suggestions and constructive criticism in order for this bus to be the best it can.

Pictures: VERY MUCH WIP!

3a.PNG

3b.PNG

3c.PNG

3d.PNG

3e.PNG

3f.PNG

Currently, I am relying on Flickr for reference images which seem to be working well so far. So if you have references images feel free to send them.

I don't claim to be an expert so I'm very much learning as I go along. If you want to see some old attempts of me building this bus, you can find those in the 'What's on your workbench" thread. I may put some images below to show where I began and my current skill level.

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
EDIT: Will there be opening windows and also will there be an Ulsterbus livery for this one as well?
Looking at the real thing, there should be openable windows. It’d be... well, a bit odd for there not to be, both in-game and IRL.

As for an ‘Ulsterbus livery’? I wouldn’t expect a whole livery to be made for it, but I think a variant to almost full Ulsterbus spec can be made with the planned ‘variant 2’.
2CB11699-C781-4492-89ED-D130D5CC46F1.jpeg

Comparing it, again, to the TWM spec, it shouldn’t be too hard. It’s almost 1:1 to the TWM spec in parts. Well, externally, at least.

Jun 24, 2017
That is some cracking work there mate.

EDIT: Will there be opening windows and also will there be an Ulsterbus livery for this one as well?

In terms of livery, I'm sure one of the many talented repainters in the community will make one when it's released. As far as I can see from the limited reference on google, Ulsterbus 405's were MK1's. So if you want the full Ulsterbus immersion, then I'm afraid you may have to wait till an update after release to have the MK1 interior etc

Edit- And yes windows and things like that will work

Reactions: Mendip_Bus

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
UPDATE

So I've been spending my time exporting and optimising, I've also been converting existing textures to DDS.

What's taken the longest however are the new rims, which I'm rather proud of now. I'm holding off any new screenshots of the bus in the sim, waiting until its all been exported!

View attachment 70275View attachment 70274View attachment 70276View attachment 70277
Great work. Love the wheels and love the entire bus.
Can't wait to see it all in the game!! :D

Advertisement

Advertisement

Trident Fan

Brummie bus driver
Jun 17, 2017
That looks stunning!
Unfortunately, I wasn't around when these were in Birmingham. So driving one of these ingame will be a first for me.
It is a shame NXWM didn't put these back in service.
That looks stunning!
Unfortunately, I wasn't around when these were in Birmingham. So driving one of these ingame will be a first for me.
It is a shame NXWM didn't put these back in service.
They have one left, it's the health bus or something like that, you need a class 2 hgv to drive it though

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread