Buses Mercedes-Benz O405N (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone, what started out as me messing around in Blender has evolved into an actual project.

The Mercedes-Benz O405N is a low floor bus which saw its success within the U.K between 1998 to 2013, Travel West Midlands/NXWM/NXC had almost 200 during that period although a small handfull of examples are still around under training bus and preserved show bus status. The scream from there magnificent ZF transmission is what sparked my interest in transport from an early age.

Variants:
A regional variant, with perhaps the setvar option of various route and destination displays, as there were different types.

Release Date:
No idea, not anytime soon.

I would love to hear some tips, suggestions and constructive criticism in order for this bus to be the best it can.

Pictures: VERY MUCH WIP!

3a.PNG

3b.PNG

3c.PNG

3d.PNG

3e.PNG

3f.PNG

Currently, I am relying on Flickr for reference images which seem to be working well so far. So if you have references images feel free to send them.

I don't claim to be an expert so I'm very much learning as I go along. If you want to see some old attempts of me building this bus, you can find those in the 'What's on your workbench" thread. I may put some images below to show where I began and my current skill level.

Jun 24, 2017
So I've spent the last week watching through Rhys's of development streams of the E200 on twitch, and I learnt so bloody much. Literally, for those wanting to learn about bus developing go give them a watch, they're over 4 hours each stream but what I learnt was pure Goldust, even though I would say I'm somewhat intermediate at this stuff.

I made some new textures for this bus, lights, rims and other rubber bits. I also attempted my own seats which may or may not stay.

As I learn more about getting exporting and baking etc the main priority is getting this finished. Details and the cab are the only things left to be honest. However, I'm in no rush to get it done asap as I want to stick to a level of quality I'm happy with.

Would love to hear some constructive criticisms!

Enjoy
2020-02-22.png
2020-02-22 (1).png
2020-02-22 (2).png
2020-02-22 (6).png
2020-02-22 (4).png
2020-02-22 (5).png

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
So I've spent the last week watching through Rhys's of development streams of the E200 on twitch, and I learnt so bloody much. Literally, for those wanting to learn about bus developing go give them a watch, they're over 4 hours each stream but what I learnt was pure Goldust, even though I would say I'm somewhat intermediate at this stuff.

I made some new textures for this bus, lights, rims and other rubber bits. I also attempted my own seats which may or may not stay.

As I learn more about getting exporting and baking etc the main priority is getting this finished. Details and the cab are the only things left to be honest. However, I'm in no rush to get it done asap as I want to stick to a level of quality I'm happy with.

Enjoy
View attachment 58510View attachment 58505View attachment 58506View attachment 58509View attachment 58507View attachment 58508
Awesome!! :D

Reactions: TEEJ

Mendip_Bus

Badabing Badaboom
Apr 5, 2018
Bristol
Pronouns
He/Him

Enjoy
View attachment 58510View attachment 58505View attachment 58506View attachment 58509View attachment 58507View attachment 58508
Love it! :)

Enjoy
Lookin' good!

Advertisement

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
Do you think its viable to add the Ulsterbus variant into this pack?
Front and Nearside view:

Offside view:

From my understanding. There is minimal if any difference on the bodywork design and shape. Bar the fact that the Metro/Ulsterbus examples have digiblinds as where the West Midlands have rollbands from what I have seen on Flickr. There is not much difference.

Trident Fan

Brummie bus driver
Jun 17, 2017
Front and Nearside view:

Offside view:

From my understanding. There is minimal if any difference on the bodywork design and shape. Bar the fact that the Metro/Ulsterbus examples have digiblinds as where the West Midlands have rollbands from what I have seen on Flickr. There is not much difference.

Some nx ones got digital blinds aswell

Sorry that I asked for an update mate I didn't know it wasn't allowed

Advertisement

Jun 24, 2017
Front and Nearside view:

Offside view:

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, various desti blind types are on the list. I'll have an update this week for those who are interested in seeing the development.

Jun 24, 2017
A very well needed update.

Progress has been very slow, plans were made earlier in the year to go and visit 1707 to get more reference images and record sounds etc. However, those have now been pushed back to who knows when!

All the exterior body was remodelled as the old one just wasn't accurate enough for my liking. The main bulk of the interior is in and the only thing left are the details, which often take the longest.

I have slowly started exporting and UV mapping, but it's still in its early stages and not really worth a screenshot.

Enjoy!
14.PNG
15.PNG
16.PNG
17.PNG

Mendip_Bus

Badabing Badaboom
Apr 5, 2018
Bristol
Pronouns
He/Him
A very well needed update.

Progress has been very slow, plans were made earlier in the year to go and visit 1707 to get more reference images and record sounds etc. However, those have now been pushed back to who knows when!

All the exterior body was remodelled as the old one just wasn't accurate enough for my liking. The main bulk of the interior is in and the only thing left are the details, which often take the longest.

I have slowly started exporting and UV mapping, but it's still in its early stages and not really worth a screenshot.

Enjoy!
View attachment 67239View attachment 67240View attachment 67241View attachment 67242
Stunning work! Every update brings back more and more nostalgia ????

Reactions: georgeloxton02

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread