Buses Mercedes-Benz O405N (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone, what started out as me messing around in Blender has evolved into an actual project.

The Mercedes-Benz O405N is a low floor bus which saw its success within the U.K between 1998 to 2013, Travel West Midlands/NXWM/NXC had almost 200 during that period although a small handfull of examples are still around under training bus and preserved show bus status. The scream from there magnificent ZF transmission is what sparked my interest in transport from an early age.

Variants:
A regional variant, with perhaps the setvar option of various route and destination displays, as there were different types.

Release Date:
No idea, not anytime soon.

I would love to hear some tips, suggestions and constructive criticism in order for this bus to be the best it can.

Pictures: VERY MUCH WIP!

3a.PNG

3b.PNG

3c.PNG

3d.PNG

3e.PNG

3f.PNG

Currently, I am relying on Flickr for reference images which seem to be working well so far. So if you have references images feel free to send them.

I don't claim to be an expert so I'm very much learning as I go along. If you want to see some old attempts of me building this bus, you can find those in the 'What's on your workbench" thread. I may put some images below to show where I began and my current skill level.

Kyle

*This is a custom title*
Oct 25, 2016
Progression this past week has been on more on various details.

Began working on the interior, not sure yet whether it will have orange or red bars, will depend on the seat fabric andrepaint it gets released with.

View attachment 49142View attachment 49143View attachment 49144

Other details include working on the dashboard(VERY WIP) and cleaning up the model as a whole.

View attachment 49145
View attachment 49146View attachment 49147View attachment 49148View attachment 49149
My opinion would be the Orange bars as it gives more memories to the ones at NXWM

Reactions: Alex Anderson

Advertisement

Jun 24, 2017
After a wonderful day at Wythall last week, I was lucky enough to see a TWM spec O405N (1707) in person for the first time in years. After getting up close I noticed errors with the current model so work began on correcting those. You may notice that I have modelled an old-style TWM ticket printer and cash dispenser, this will hopefully be scripted to work as they would have when they were operational.

Whilst onboard TWM 1707, I was also able to get some detailed reference and texture images, showcased by the new and improved headlights. The wheels both front and back have also been re-done (hopefully for the final time), but still require texturing and other details.

8a.PNG
8b.PNG
8c.PNG
8d.PNG

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Some progression from this past week.

Many minor adjustments, which make a big impact.

View attachment 49453View attachment 49454View attachment 49455

After a wonderful day at Wythall last week, I was lucky enough to see a TWM spec O405N (1707) in person for the first time in years. After getting up close I noticed errors with the current model so work began on correcting those. You may notice that I have modelled an old-style TWM ticket printer and cash dispenser, this will hopefully be scripted to work as they would have when they were operational.

Whilst onboard TWM 1707, I was also able to get some detailed reference and texture images, showcased by the new and improved headlights. The wheels both front and back have also been re-done (hopefully for the final time), but still require texturing and other details.

View attachment 51745View attachment 51746View attachment 51747View attachment 51748

Outstanding work!
Even though new buses are good and all, it's great to see an older bus being made for OMSI 2! :D
I do have a question though: What about the sounds? Do you have some sound recordings of this bus, and if not, which sounds will it use?
Thanks in advance, and again, great work! :)

Reactions: TEEJ

ITS A11

Gud Ebening
Nov 12, 2018
East London
Outstanding work!
Even though new buses are good and all, it's great to see an older bus being made for OMSI 2! :D
I do have a question though: What about the sounds? Do you have some sound recordings of this bus, and if not, which sounds will it use?
Have you done all this on your own, if so then "I am stupid" -Charles Leclerc 2019

Advertisement

Jun 24, 2017
Outstanding work!

So I'm on good terms with the private owner of V177MOA (1707), hopefully, that will be the bus that gets used. As 1707 is the only running TWM/NX O405N left in existence, I'm really hoping nothing should happen to it.1707, in particular, has an amazing sounding ZF Ecomat - We need more loud ZF's in OMSI!

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueBlaze

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Another incredible bus to look forward to driving one day
It's nice to see a mix of old and new buses on the forums
Exactly.
So I'm on good terms with the private owner of V177MOA (1707), hopefully, that will be the bus that gets used. As 1707 is the only running TWM/NX O405N left in existence, I'm really hoping nothing should happen to it.1707, in particular, has an amazing sounding ZF Ecomat - We need more loud ZF's in OMSI!
Ah, nice! Very nice! :D
Yes, we do need more loud ZFs. Hopefully there will be one in V3D's upcoming Spectra. ????

Advertisement

Mendip_Bus

Badabing Badaboom
Apr 5, 2018
Bristol
Pronouns
He/Him

View attachment 51745View attachment 51746View attachment 51747View attachment 51748
Ahhh you're bringing back so many memories from Coventry's old 0405N's. I honestly love the progress you have been making. Can't wait for more updates in the future! :)

Jun 24, 2017
Been a while since the last update, been difficult to make large progress due to various life commitments, as I'm sure everyone can relate to. Since the last update, the front of the bus has been re-done from scratch. You may not notice a difference, but I'm much happier with it now.

As you can see the interior is coming along nicely, various texturing issues with the fabric will be corrected at a later date.

The two interior renders are a result of me experimenting with the Eevee render engine.

The Ext body is now 100% complete (until I notice more inaccuracies ???? )
My time will now be spent finishing off the interior, and getting that as detailed as possible. The current seat mouldings are temporary and will be going through a makeover very soon.

The aim is for it to be in an Alpha format by either Christmas or at the start of the new year - ( THIS IS NOT SET IN STONE).

Enjoy!

9a.PNG
9b.PNG
9c.PNG

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Been a while since the last update, been difficult to make large progress due to various life commitments, as I'm sure everyone can relate to. Since the last update, the front of the bus has been re-done from scratch. You may not notice a difference, but I'm much happier with it now.

As you can see the interior is coming along nicely, various texturing issues with the fabric will be corrected at a later date.

The two interior renders are a result of me experimenting with the Eevee render engine.

My time will now be spent finishing off the interior, and getting that as detailed as possible. The current seat mouldings are temporary and will be going through a makeover very soon.

The aim is for it to be in an Alpha format by either Christmas or at the start of the new year - ( THIS IS NOT SET IN STONE).

Enjoy!

View attachment 52898View attachment 52899View attachment 52900
Looks very very impressive! ????
Great job!! ???? ???? ????

Mendip_Bus

Badabing Badaboom
Apr 5, 2018
Bristol
Pronouns
He/Him

Enjoy!

View attachment 52898View attachment 52899View attachment 52900
Im speechless!... Looking absolutely stunning. It may not look like much work to some, but my god i can tell the difference. I really do love the good ol' 0405n's and can't wait to eventually drive around in one on omsi in the future! :)

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread