Buses Mercedes-Benz O405N

TEEJ

Jun 24, 2017
If you are stuck for sounds & tuning i would highly suggest you try a mod by Omsi Bus Sound Garage. They made a mod for the O405 by Julian as well as the 3Gen & they are quite spot on in sounds & tuning to what videos ive seen of the UK O405s.

Sounds will be recorded with an O405N in preservation, I'm on good terms with the private owner. Fingers crossed, that will be the bus used for sounds.

Reactions: Kev2017

TEEJ

Jun 24, 2017
Well... as I'm sure you can see from the images below I ended up having to start again from scratch. Mostly due to the reason that the previous O405N just wasn't accurate enough, I was finding it difficult to correct certain areas simply down to how un-fixable they were. So back in September a few days after the post above a decided to delete everything and start again. However, work got in the way. For those who are interested, I'm 6 months into my first year of running a company full-time, so naturally, I've found myself having less time to work on the bus.

The screencaps below are of the new model I started from scratch last week. In my opinion, from a realism perspective, it's the most accurate version I've done yet. I suppose it's all part of the process, I'm hoping to dedicate an evening or two a week to work on the bus, as I'm so keen to see it in OMSI.

10a.PNG
10b.PNG

Wareing

Oct 24, 2016
Very nice. How long will it be until it is finished?
big red banner at the top of the page, you might find it interesting to read it.

edit (shouldve added this earlier, ooops..):

also @TEEJ I'm loving the effort and detail you're going into with this project and i'll look forward to its release (whenever that is) and I think everyone here will love to add it to their collection of UK buses in OMSI :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TEEJ and ITS A11

TEEJ

Jun 24, 2017
Some small progress since Monday. I also had a play around with Cycles in Blender to make the render a bit brighter.

I'm also dropping one my reference images below. My girlfriend noticed the front bumper from the previous post was too flat, which is why it now looks more accurate. If you notice anything exterior body-wise that isn't accurate please let me know below this post.
Take into consideration the perspective of the image is different from the render.

Cheers!!

11B.png

IMG_20190826_153617.jpg

Last edited: