MCV EvoSeti- Opinions? (1 Viewer)

Do You Like The EvoSeti?

• Total voters
Mar 16, 2017
From quick glances, I can see the majority of people don't like Wrightbus' latest offerings at all.

From the Streetlite's bargin basement construction, to the clunky Volvo I-Shift 12 speed gearbox on the Gemini3, Wrightbus has had a steep decline in quality after the respected Gemini2.

Despite sharing the same chassis and terrible gearbox, what are your opinions of the MCV EvoSeti?
Is it better than it's rarer predecessors, like the DD103?
Can it beat the MCV Evolution overall?

Edit: There seems to be an issue with the polling system. I can't change the total amount of options someone can select to one without it failing to save.

Attachments

• MCV Evoseti 1.jpg
    MCV Evoseti 1.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 62
  • MCV Evoseti 2.jpg
    MCV Evoseti 2.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 72
  • MCV Evoseti 3.jpg
    MCV Evoseti 3.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 64
  • MCV Evoseti 4.jpg
    MCV Evoseti 4.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Advertisement

Mar 16, 2017
As someone from the East Yorkshire area, I think it's quite alright, really. Aside from the lack of USB chargers, and aside from the fact that someone kept smacking their head on the top deck roof a couple of weeks back, I think it's a pretty neat bus.

Do your buses usually have chargers? That's cool, as that's something only recent trains would have in London and nothing else.

Being about 6'1, the roof, is quite low and I've hit my head a couple times before too, especially at the very front.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
In London they're B5LHs just I guess a cheaper option than the Wright variant but same s*** different toilet imho.

I miss Voith and ZF so trips to Berlin I can ride on proper buses not giant scale-electric toys.

Again just my opinion.

In London they're B5LHs just I guess a cheaper option than the Wright variant but same s*** different toilet imho.

I miss Voith and ZF so trips to Berlin I can ride on proper buses not giant scale-electric toys.

Again just my opinion.
To be honest, in London, we have B5LHs but both types being built would be perfect, especially with the upcoming Add-On London so I can edit the AI list to include the EvoSeti B5LH. Most routes have it so that'll make sense then I might upload the list on the forums. All I'm waiting for is the add-on to come out so I can buy it.

Last edited:

Advertisement

The Evoseti is a very cheap bus, and is not put together that well. The Evoseti uses an excessive amount of plastic to form the majority of the interior. However, with that being said, it is a rather nice looking bus with a great chassis/engine.
However, we've both sat in one before, and to be honest, the Telmac's Q have aren't that comfy. I prefer Putney's (AF) Civic V2s batch.
It is very cheap and in some sort of way they can have a few problems.

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
However, we've both sat in one before, and to be honest, the Telmac's Q have aren't that comfy. I prefer Putney's (AF) Civic V2s batch.
It is very cheap and in some sort of way they can have a few problems.
Yes, Camberwell and Peckham's Evosetis have very uncomfortable seat padding. However, I think that's more down to what Go-Ahead have specified as opposed to the seat/bus.

Reactions: Omega_DevRBLX

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Tower Transit have purchased some EvoSeti units for the 23 route. I'd check them out if you wanted.

All things said, do you prefer the EvoSeti or Gemini3s?
Those TT Evoseti's were purchased for route 13, last March. TT then got a few more examples for Route's 308 and 58. The 23 is allocated E400's and E400Hs.

Of the two bodies, I prefer the Gemini 3 by far. It's a very well put together bus, minus a few poles squeaking. What I do love about Wrightbus, is that their bodywork build quality is usually second to none. The downside to the Gemini 3 and most other recent buses, of our time, is that they usually are plastic heaps.

Oh yes, Metroline are expecting Evoseti's this summer. They've changed their bodywork supplier as Wrightbus were taking too long with their current batch of Gemini 3s. The new Evosetis are coded VMH2433-2498

Reactions: Troyski
Mar 16, 2017
Those TT Evoseti's were purchased for route 13, last March. TT then got a few more examples for Route's 308 and 58. The 23 is allocated E400's and E400Hs.

Of the two bodies, I prefer the Gemini 3 by far. It's a very well put together bus, minus a few poles squeaking. What I do love about Wrightbus, is that their bodywork build quality is usually second to none. The downside to the Gemini 3 and most other recent buses, of our time, is that they usually are plastic heaps.

Oh yes, Metroline are expecting Evoseti's this summer. They've changed their bodywork supplier as Wrightbus were taking too long with their current batch of Gemini 3s. The new Evosetis are coded VMH2433-2498

Okay. I'm split between the two bodies as the simplistic design of the EvoSeti distances itself from the competition and the Gemini3's design, whether it be the 2013-2015 or Streetdeck inspired ones of the present have grown on me. I'd have to prefer the Gemini3 overall, as the interior is far higher in quality.

Thanks for the correction of the EvoSeti allocations.

Reactions: Rhys

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Thankfully LU padded their Scania seats and TTs EvoSeti's are comfortable but Go-Ahead's batch is meh.
It's a nice body shape, MCV will no doubt improve on quality overtime, TTs ones seem to be built well but GA had the first batch for London I think. Metroline taking another risk there, hopefully they don't end up like their SELs, although the Chassis is superb the bodywork is poor.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread