Max triagle/poly count in blender. (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 422

Hello All,

Does anyone know max triangle/poly count before the object in blender is to high for omsi?

Thanks.
It depends on your computer specs and how much it can take before it lags. Low spec computers will have a relatively low number however higher spec and gaming computers may be considerably larger. Its not too much to worry about, just make it how you like and see what it reacts like in game.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
There is no set value for this because every object is different. You might use over 100,000 polys on a bus, but using 100,000 on a fence object used lots of time on tiles would be a bad idea.
One of the best ways to get the best performance is to ask "are these polys needed? Will this look noticeably worse with fewer polys?". If you were making a house for example, you wouldn't need polygons on the bottom because they will never ever be seen. My sign poles are octagonal with smoothed edges so you can't see the joins and a gradient texture to help give more illusion of roundness. Indeed if a round thing is small enough on screen it could have a square or triangular cross-section or even be 2D. By only using polygons where they're required, polys and therefore processing power are not wasted. If that still means low performance, so be it. The only way then to improve performance would be to degrade appearances. :)

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Well so fay 1 building has 26,000 polys on 2 sides. Until Sunday Night or Monday i will upload pic to show what i have done.

Im not very good at texturing buildings in blender.
What sort of building are you developing? 26000 polies are far too high for a building, thats three times more polies used for the exterior of all buses in London. I'd suggest making the building again, and aiming for around 1000 polies and just use photo textures

May 2, 2016
What sort of building are you developing? 26000 polies are far too high for a building, thats three times more polies used for the exterior of all buses in London. I'd suggest making the building again, and aiming for around 1000 polies and just use photo textures

Thats the problem see pic on aussiex South Tyne Map in one of the last 2 pages. The textures dont line up and sometimes looks bad. I will try get building too 1000 if it donts look bad.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread