Max triagle/poly count in blender.

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.

Panasonic44

May 2, 2016
Hello All,

Does anyone know max triangle/poly count before the object in blender is to high for omsi?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 422

Hello All,

Does anyone know max triangle/poly count before the object in blender is to high for omsi?

Thanks.
It depends on your computer specs and how much it can take before it lags. Low spec computers will have a relatively low number however higher spec and gaming computers may be considerably larger. Its not too much to worry about, just make it how you like and see what it reacts like in game.

Panasonic44

May 2, 2016
Ok, my pc is high however when other people play it they may have low specs.

Thing is i dont want it to be heavy on FPS thats what im worried about but i will experiment with it.

Thanks.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
There is no set value for this because every object is different. You might use over 100,000 polys on a bus, but using 100,000 on a fence object used lots of time on tiles would be a bad idea.
One of the best ways to get the best performance is to ask "are these polys needed? Will this look noticeably worse with fewer polys?". If you were making a house for example, you wouldn't need polygons on the bottom because they will never ever be seen. My sign poles are octagonal with smoothed edges so you can't see the joins and a gradient texture to help give more illusion of roundness. Indeed if a round thing is small enough on screen it could have a square or triangular cross-section or even be 2D. By only using polygons where they're required, polys and therefore processing power are not wasted. If that still means low performance, so be it. The only way then to improve performance would be to degrade appearances. :)

Panasonic44

May 2, 2016
Well so fay 1 building has 26,000 polys on 2 sides. Until Sunday Night or Monday i will upload pic to show what i have done.

Im not very good at texturing buildings in blender.

Rhys

Veteran Member
Mar 20, 2016
Well so fay 1 building has 26,000 polys on 2 sides. Until Sunday Night or Monday i will upload pic to show what i have done.

Im not very good at texturing buildings in blender.
What sort of building are you developing? 26000 polies are far too high for a building, thats three times more polies used for the exterior of all buses in London. I'd suggest making the building again, and aiming for around 1000 polies and just use photo textures

Panasonic44

May 2, 2016
What sort of building are you developing? 26000 polies are far too high for a building, thats three times more polies used for the exterior of all buses in London. I'd suggest making the building again, and aiming for around 1000 polies and just use photo textures
Thats the problem see pic on aussiex South Tyne Map in one of the last 2 pages. The textures dont line up and sometimes looks bad. I will try get building too 1000 if it donts look bad.

Panasonic44

May 2, 2016
Buildings is what im making. Still at 2,500 tri, but making low poly building in blender well thats going to be a problem im not expert with blender.

ross_4122

Scottish Vyking Veg
Staff Team Leader
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Yeah well don't model windows etc, just use photographic textures.