Buses Masterbus Veiling Series (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veiling_Forum_Header.png

As many members of the community are aware, I’m making new packs called the Masterbus Veiling Pack and Masterbus Veiling: Classics, which will consist of many of the heavyweight Wright series single-deckers on different chassis variations from the late 90s to the modern day. I've been able to make rapid progress as they're very similar to the Volvo variants found in the Masterbus Gen 3 Pack. Due to the sheer variety in the Wright Eclipse series, I’ve decided to split the “Veiling Pack” into two separate packs, otherwise the work required would not be feasible for a single pack. As with the Masterbus Gen 3 Pack, you can expect a wide range of setvars to customise the vehicle to your liking. Systems like the Ticketer and Hanover will be improved during the time of the Veiling development, and that means these updates will be backported to the Gen 3 Pack free of charge.

(Please note, below there will be some preview images which are a placeholder, and will be updated once more of the variations have made it ingame)

Masterbus Veiling Pack

This pack contains the modern varieties of the Wright Eclipse series seen in recent years. To flesh out the pack compared to the Masterbus Veiling Classics Pack, a fictional variant of a B8RLEA (as seen in Australia) will be included, as it is very feasible and could be a reality if operators wanted bendy buses more in the UK. Since the Bamford Bus Company takeover, the introduction of the GB Hawk has made its way into the Veiling Pack too.

The Masterbus Veiling Pack is released as of 12th May 2022, and can be purchased on Steam and Aerosoft's webstore.

V2_B7RLE.png
V2_B7RLEDD.png
V2_B8RLE.png
V2_B8RLEDD.png
V3_B8RLE.png

V3_B8RLE_DD.png
V3_B8RLE_L.png

V3_B8RLEA.png
V3_B8RLEA_TD.png

V3_Masterdeck_SD.png
V3_Masterdeck_SD_DD.png

V2_SB200.png

(SB200 will be in a Post-Release update)

Masterbus Veiling Classics Pack

Widely requested by large amounts of people in the community, the original Wright Eclipse is probably one of the most requested vehicles for OMSI, and rightly so. The Millennium body is used on many different chassis variants, more-so than the Eclipse 2 and Eclipse 3 bodies combined. Below is a list of variants which have yet to be completely finalised, and are due to change. There is the possibility of facelifted versions as well in the pack, however, it is too early to make any guarantees. With the age of some of these, it is getting increasingly harder to get references and sounds. We would instead release a properly done version rather than a variant that just feels out of place.
  • Wright Eclipse Metro (Volvo B7L)
  • Wright Eclipse Fusion (Volvo B7LA)
  • Wright Eclipse Urban (Volvo B7RLE)
    • Euro 3 (ZF)
    • Euro 4 (ZF / Voith)
  • Wright Solar (Scania L94UB)
  • Wright Solar Fusion (Scania L94UA)
  • Wright Solar Urban (Scania K230)
  • Wright Meridian (MAN A22)
  • Wright Pulsar (VDL SB200)

1671448979897.png

Last edited:
The project looks really nice so far, and being an Aussie myself, I sure do like the B8RLEA. One question I do have which might seem stupid to some, what HP does each bus generally come with, what kind of gearbox and do they have a kickdown enabled? I know about 99% of Australian buses have kickdown, but I think the UK has much less.

Nov 13, 2016
View attachment 72989
As many members of the community are aware, I’m making a new pack called the Masterbus Veiling Pack, which will consist of many of the heavyweight Wright series single-deckers on different chassis variations from the late 90s to the modern day. I've been able to make rapid progress as they're very similar to the Volvo variants found in the Masterbus Gen 3 Pack. Due to the sheer variety in the Wright Eclipse series, I’ve decided to split the “Veiling Pack” into two separate packs, otherwise the work required would not be feasible for a single pack. As with the Masterbus Gen 3 Pack, you can expect a wide range of setvars to customise the vehicle to your liking. Systems like the Ticketer and Hanover will be improved during the time of the Veiling development, and that means these updates will be backported to the Gen 3 Pack free of charge.

(Please note, below there will be some preview images which are a placeholder, and will be updated once more of the variations have made it ingame)

Masterbus Veiling Pack

This pack will contain the modern varieties of the Wright Eclipse series seen in recent years. To flesh out the pack compared to the Masterbus Veiling Classics Pack, a fictional variant of a B8RLEA (as seen in Australia) will be included, as it is very feasible and could be a reality if operators wanted bendy buses more in the UK.

Masterbus Veiling Classics Pack

Widely requested by large amounts of people in the community, the original Wright Eclipse is probably one of the most requested vehicles for OMSI, and rightly so. The Millennium body used on many different chassis variants, more-so than the Eclipse 2 and Eclipse 3 bodies combined. I've yet to make preview images for this pack, and I have yet to redo the front compared to one you've probably seen screenshots of. So for now, here is a list of variants which have yet to be completely finalised, and are due to change. There is the possibility of facelifted versions as well in the pack.
  • Wright Eclipse Metro (Volvo B7L)
  • Wright Eclipse Fusion (Volvo B7LA)
  • Wright Eclipse Urban (Volvo B7RLE)
  • Wright Solar (Scania L94UB)
  • Wright Solar Fusion (Scania L94UA)
  • Wright Solar (Scania K230)
  • Wright Meridian (MAN A22)
  • Wright Pulsar (VDL SB200)
Glad to see this, the master veling 2 SB200 is that a pulsar also?

Advertisement

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
what HP does each bus generally come with, what kind of gearbox and do they have a kickdown enabled?
The B8RLE comes with 280HP and the B8RLEA comes with 350HP. As for the gearbox, both currently use ZF Ecolife 6AP1200B. I may switch the RLEA to use the 6AP1400 considering its got a larger engine

Glad to see this, the master veling 2 SB200 is that a pulsar also?
Yes, SB200 is a Pulsar.
And a suggestion for you @BlueOrange, you could remove the third flip up seat in the wheelchair and move the door a tad forward or even use a single leaf centre door like what you would find in Adelaide (I know they have Scania Artics but the idea of it because this is a fictional bus...) How common is it for a UK single floor bus to have both sides having a wheelchair area?
Single-leaf doors are rarely a thing in the UK, so I wouldn't consider it. I'll probably rejig the bodywork so that it'll fit in regardless - won't be too hard, just gotta rebake some stuff. Yay.

Jun 5, 2017
Incredible work there, Just a couple of questions about the Veiling 2/3, Will setvars allow for white displays as well as the standard orange?

Are will there be a setvar for this, what I can only assume to be an A/C Unit?

Attachments

• Setvar_idea.png
    Setvar_idea.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 37

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
Incredible work there, Just a couple of questions about the Veiling 2/3, Will setvars allow for white displays as well as the standard orange?

Are will there be a setvar for this, what I can only assume to be an A/C Unit?
Yup, all of these things will be in the pack. The models for the aircon are in, just need to script them

Reactions: Smithy_033
With all these buses added in, I've got many repaint ideas, especially for the B7RLE Eclipse. We all don't have to cope with the B7L 1.5 for long now

This is spectacular. Well done on the hard work, Masterswitch Studios :)

Also, will there be a variant with the Air Conditioning on the roof?
Yup, all of these things will be in the pack. The models for the aircon are in, just need to script them
Read the message above yours HabeebDaGreat21

Advertisement

Advertisement

Nov 13, 2016
Hi, quick question will there be different variants with the lights on the base and without, my terminology may be wrong but ill send a picutre of with and without to show what i mean : with lights

- without.

Neither of these pictures are mine not claiming them. Just using them as examples. :)

EssexEclipse2

Your Local Thamesway Eclipse 2, from First Essex
May 28, 2018
Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK
Hi, quick question will there be different variants with the lights on the base and without, my terminology may be wrong but ill send a picutre of with and without to show what i mean : with lights

- without.

Neither of these pictures are mine not claiming them. Just using them as examples. :)

There will be repaint templates
I think it could be like the SP Lite, where you can repain the headlights on certain buses. Correct me if I'm wrong, Masterswitch Studios

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread