Buses Masterbus Veiling Series (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veiling_Forum_Header.png

As many members of the community are aware, I’m making new packs called the Masterbus Veiling Pack and Masterbus Veiling: Classics, which will consist of many of the heavyweight Wright series single-deckers on different chassis variations from the late 90s to the modern day. I've been able to make rapid progress as they're very similar to the Volvo variants found in the Masterbus Gen 3 Pack. Due to the sheer variety in the Wright Eclipse series, I’ve decided to split the “Veiling Pack” into two separate packs, otherwise the work required would not be feasible for a single pack. As with the Masterbus Gen 3 Pack, you can expect a wide range of setvars to customise the vehicle to your liking. Systems like the Ticketer and Hanover will be improved during the time of the Veiling development, and that means these updates will be backported to the Gen 3 Pack free of charge.

(Please note, below there will be some preview images which are a placeholder, and will be updated once more of the variations have made it ingame)

Masterbus Veiling Pack

This pack contains the modern varieties of the Wright Eclipse series seen in recent years. To flesh out the pack compared to the Masterbus Veiling Classics Pack, a fictional variant of a B8RLEA (as seen in Australia) will be included, as it is very feasible and could be a reality if operators wanted bendy buses more in the UK. Since the Bamford Bus Company takeover, the introduction of the GB Hawk has made its way into the Veiling Pack too.

The Masterbus Veiling Pack is released as of 12th May 2022, and can be purchased on Steam and Aerosoft's webstore.

V2_B7RLE.png
V2_B7RLEDD.png
V2_B8RLE.png
V2_B8RLEDD.png
V3_B8RLE.png

V3_B8RLE_DD.png
V3_B8RLE_L.png

V3_B8RLEA.png
V3_B8RLEA_TD.png

V3_Masterdeck_SD.png
V3_Masterdeck_SD_DD.png

V2_SB200.png

(SB200 will be in a Post-Release update)

Masterbus Veiling Classics Pack

Widely requested by large amounts of people in the community, the original Wright Eclipse is probably one of the most requested vehicles for OMSI, and rightly so. The Millennium body is used on many different chassis variants, more-so than the Eclipse 2 and Eclipse 3 bodies combined. Below is a list of variants which have yet to be completely finalised, and are due to change. There is the possibility of facelifted versions as well in the pack, however, it is too early to make any guarantees. With the age of some of these, it is getting increasingly harder to get references and sounds. We would instead release a properly done version rather than a variant that just feels out of place.
  • Wright Eclipse Metro (Volvo B7L)
  • Wright Eclipse Fusion (Volvo B7LA)
  • Wright Eclipse Urban (Volvo B7RLE)
    • Euro 3 (ZF)
    • Euro 4 (ZF / Voith)
  • Wright Solar (Scania L94UB)
  • Wright Solar Fusion (Scania L94UA)
  • Wright Solar Urban (Scania K230)
  • Wright Meridian (MAN A22)
  • Wright Pulsar (VDL SB200)

1671448979897.png

Last edited:

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
Thank you everyone for the kind words! Your support is always very motivating and I'm glad to have finally got everything planned for release, and I'm glad you all support me with the splitting into 2 packs due to all the work going into it.

I'll be updating the previews on a regular basis with progress of what I've done. Over the last few days I've nearly completed the B8RLEA! Here are a few screenshots (still pending seats, and glass)

1602724570209.png

1602724578342.png

how long is the Veiling 3 B8RLE (Long)?
13.1m!

Kyle, will it come with Mobitec displays like the G3?
Yup! It will have full feature parity (and more) with the G3!

Robert Snell

BJ11XGY the best bus there is
Aug 3, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
View attachment 72989
As many members of the community are aware, I’m making a new pack called the Masterbus Veiling Pack, which will consist of many of the heavyweight Wright series single-deckers on different chassis variations from the late 90s to the modern day. I've been able to make rapid progress as they're very similar to the Volvo variants found in the Masterbus Gen 3 Pack. Due to the sheer variety in the Wright Eclipse series, I’ve decided to split the “Veiling Pack” into two separate packs, otherwise the work required would not be feasible for a single pack. As with the Masterbus Gen 3 Pack, you can expect a wide range of setvars to customise the vehicle to your liking. Systems like the Ticketer and Hanover will be improved during the time of the Veiling development, and that means these updates will be backported to the Gen 3 Pack free of charge.

(Please note, below there will be some preview images which are a placeholder, and will be updated once more of the variations have made it ingame)

Masterbus Veiling Pack

This pack will contain the modern varieties of the Wright Eclipse series seen in recent years. To flesh out the pack compared to the Masterbus Veiling Classics Pack, a fictional variant of a B8RLEA (as seen in Australia) will be included, as it is very feasible and could be a reality if operators wanted bendy buses more in the UK.

Widely requested by large amounts of people in the community, the original Wright Eclipse is probably one of the most requested vehicles for OMSI, and rightly so. The Millennium body used on many different chassis variants, more-so than the Eclipse 2 and Eclipse 3 bodies combined. I've yet to make preview images for this pack, and I have yet to redo the front compared to one you've probably seen screenshots of. So for now, here is a list of variants which have yet to be completely finalised, and are due to change. There is the possibility of facelifted versions as well in the pack.
  • Wright Solar (Scania K230)
Can't wait for this as Wright Eclipse Urbans and Wright Pulsars are my local buses

Advertisement

Thank you everyone for the kind words! Your support is always very motivating and I'm glad to have finally got everything planned for release, and I'm glad you all support me with the splitting into 2 packs due to all the work going into it.

I'll be updating the previews on a regular basis with progress of what I've done. Over the last few days I've nearly completed the B8RLEA! Here are a few screenshots (still pending seats, and glass)

View attachment 73068
View attachment 73069

13.1m!

Yup! It will have full feature parity (and more) with the G3!
That’s brilliant!! Loving the B8RLEA so far and can’t wait for future amazement.
As always, keep up the great work and I just simply can’t say it enough, I can’t wait!!

I have got a couple of questions:
Will the buses include the setvar of bonded and gasket windows?
Will there be a Hydrogen Pulsar?
And is there a possibility of a E2 and E3 bodies StreetAir?

BlueOrange

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
Will the buses include the setvar of bonded and gasket windows?

Maybe, but it significantly changes the body mesh so it would probably be a different .bus file instead.

Will there be a Hydrogen Pulsar?
And is there a possibility of a E2 and E3 bodies StreetAir?

This is something I want to look into for the future, maybe as a separate pack with hydrogen streetdeck, and an "electrocity" streetdeck which was made but never saw the public (just a streetair thats double deck)

Apr 15, 2020
The pulsar is a big selling point for me here, a bus that's been missing from omsi for a good while and they operate near enough all over the place so one that's not too far from most people either

Totally agree with that. Arriva are big on the Pulsars. I think the have Pulsars in each region they operate don't they. We certainly have a lot in Yorkshire. I get at least 20 of them down my way everyweek

Maybe, but it significantly changes the body mesh so it would probably be a different .bus file instead.

This is something I want to look into for the future, maybe as a separate pack with hydrogen streetdeck, and an "electrocity" streetdeck which was made but never saw the public (just a streetair thats double deck)
Really helpful, thank you so much for replying!

Advertisement

ScottishBusEnthusiast

Banned Member
Mar 21, 2018
View attachment 72989
As many members of the community are aware, I’m making a new pack called the Masterbus Veiling Pack, which will consist of many of the heavyweight Wright series single-deckers on different chassis variations from the late 90s to the modern day. I've been able to make rapid progress as they're very similar to the Volvo variants found in the Masterbus Gen 3 Pack. Due to the sheer variety in the Wright Eclipse series, I’ve decided to split the “Veiling Pack” into two separate packs, otherwise the work required would not be feasible for a single pack. As with the Masterbus Gen 3 Pack, you can expect a wide range of setvars to customise the vehicle to your liking. Systems like the Ticketer and Hanover will be improved during the time of the Veiling development, and that means these updates will be backported to the Gen 3 Pack free of charge.

Masterbus Veiling Pack

This pack will contain the modern varieties of the Wright Eclipse series seen in recent years. To flesh out the pack compared to the Masterbus Veiling Classics Pack, a fictional variant of a B8RLEA (as seen in Australia) will be included, as it is very feasible and could be a reality if operators wanted bendy buses more in the UK.

Widely requested by large amounts of people in the community, the original Wright Eclipse is probably one of the most requested vehicles for OMSI, and rightly so. The Millennium body used on many different chassis variants, more-so than the Eclipse 2 and Eclipse 3 bodies combined. I've yet to make preview images for this pack, and I have yet to redo the front compared to one you've probably seen screenshots of. So for now, here is a list of variants which have yet to be completely finalised, and are due to change. There is the possibility of facelifted versions as well in the pack.
Really looking forward to the Velling pack I can't wait to see the Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse Urban in the classic pack

Last edited:

Jimmy Turtle

Building Canberra One File At A Time....
Nov 11, 2016
Canberra, Australia
I have a question @Blue orange,

What buses would be included in the first pack of this project?
View attachment 72989

Masterbus Veiling Pack

This is what buses are coming in the two packs. @Taylor2020

Reactions: Taylor2020

BlueOrange

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
For the B8RLEA, would it be possible to make a 2nd version that has also a centre door?

This is something I looked at and thought about earlier, but as it currently stands there is not enough room for a set of passengers to have legroom (probably owing to the fact that the current b8rlea doesn't exactly match that of the australian one) - if I did, it would have to have a rejig, or I could rejig the current one as its early in development seeing as it is an extra variant which people might use. I will defo look into it

blender_2020-10-16_02-27-12.png

Advertisement

Jimmy Turtle

Nov 11, 2016
Canberra, Australia
@Steve Foster you got to remember as well that this version of the B8RLEA is a shorter version in the European setting than the Australian perspective you and I are used to. (correct me if i'm wrong cause I read that it was a 13-15m artic on the B8RLEA Eclipse 3)

And a suggestion for you @BlueOrange, you could remove the third flip up seat in the wheelchair and move the door a tad forward or even use a single leaf centre door like what you would find in Adelaide (I know they have Scania Artics but the idea of it because this is a fictional bus...) How common is it for a UK single floor bus to have both sides having a wheelchair area?

@Steve Foster you got to remember as well that this version of the B8RLEA is a shorter version in the European setting than the Australian perspective you and I are used to. (correct me if i'm wrong cause I read that it was a 13-15m artic on the B8RLEA Eclipse 3)

And a suggestion for you @BlueOrange, you could remove the third flip up seat in the wheelchair and move the door a tad forward or even use a single leaf centre door like what you would find in Adelaide (I know they have Scania Artics but the idea of it because this is a fictional bus...) How common is it for a UK single floor bus to have both sides having a wheelchair area?
It depends really, we don’t really have buses that have two wheelchair areas, instead it’s a wheelchair area normally on the left (if you at the back of the bus looking at the front) and a pushchair area on the right.

Steve Foster

Premium Subscriber
Apr 4, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Pronouns
He/Him
It depends really, we don’t really have buses that have two wheelchair areas, instead it’s a wheelchair area normally on the left (if you at the back of the bus looking at the front) and a pushchair area on the right.
For us in Australia, most of our buses have 2 spaces that are used for wheelchairs & prams/pushchairs.

In the situation that 2 prams are onboard and wheelchair user gets one, the wheelchair user gets priority and 1 pram has to be folded up and stored in the luggage rack or by the side of a seat.

Jimmy Turtle

Nov 11, 2016
Canberra, Australia
For us in Australia, most of our buses have 2 spaces that are used for wheelchairs & prams/pushchairs.

In the situation that 2 prams are onboard and wheelchair user gets one, the wheelchair user gets priority and 1 pram has to be folded up and stored in the luggage rack or by the side of a seat.
Its usually its 3-4 seats are taken out for priority area on both sides (I can’t remember what Sydney’s buses have but Canberra definitely do have that system)

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread