Buses Masterbus Veiling Series (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veiling_Forum_Header.png

As many members of the community are aware, I’m making new packs called the Masterbus Veiling Pack and Masterbus Veiling: Classics, which will consist of many of the heavyweight Wright series single-deckers on different chassis variations from the late 90s to the modern day. I've been able to make rapid progress as they're very similar to the Volvo variants found in the Masterbus Gen 3 Pack. Due to the sheer variety in the Wright Eclipse series, I’ve decided to split the “Veiling Pack” into two separate packs, otherwise the work required would not be feasible for a single pack. As with the Masterbus Gen 3 Pack, you can expect a wide range of setvars to customise the vehicle to your liking. Systems like the Ticketer and Hanover will be improved during the time of the Veiling development, and that means these updates will be backported to the Gen 3 Pack free of charge.

(Please note, below there will be some preview images which are a placeholder, and will be updated once more of the variations have made it ingame)

Masterbus Veiling Pack

This pack contains the modern varieties of the Wright Eclipse series seen in recent years. To flesh out the pack compared to the Masterbus Veiling Classics Pack, a fictional variant of a B8RLEA (as seen in Australia) will be included, as it is very feasible and could be a reality if operators wanted bendy buses more in the UK. Since the Bamford Bus Company takeover, the introduction of the GB Hawk has made its way into the Veiling Pack too.

The Masterbus Veiling Pack is released as of 12th May 2022, and can be purchased on Steam and Aerosoft's webstore.

V2_B7RLE.png
V2_B7RLEDD.png
V2_B8RLE.png
V2_B8RLEDD.png
V3_B8RLE.png

V3_B8RLE_DD.png
V3_B8RLE_L.png

V3_B8RLEA.png
V3_B8RLEA_TD.png

V3_Masterdeck_SD.png
V3_Masterdeck_SD_DD.png

V2_SB200.png

(SB200 will be in a Post-Release update)

Masterbus Veiling Classics Pack

Widely requested by large amounts of people in the community, the original Wright Eclipse is probably one of the most requested vehicles for OMSI, and rightly so. The Millennium body is used on many different chassis variants, more-so than the Eclipse 2 and Eclipse 3 bodies combined. Below is a list of variants which have yet to be completely finalised, and are due to change. There is the possibility of facelifted versions as well in the pack, however, it is too early to make any guarantees. With the age of some of these, it is getting increasingly harder to get references and sounds. We would instead release a properly done version rather than a variant that just feels out of place.
  • Wright Eclipse Metro (Volvo B7L)
  • Wright Eclipse Fusion (Volvo B7LA)
  • Wright Eclipse Urban (Volvo B7RLE)
    • Euro 3 (ZF)
    • Euro 4 (ZF / Voith)
  • Wright Solar (Scania L94UB)
  • Wright Solar Fusion (Scania L94UA)
  • Wright Solar Urban (Scania K230)
  • Wright Meridian (MAN A22)
  • Wright Pulsar (VDL SB200)

1671448979897.png

Last edited:

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
Just posting this here for visibility, I already posted it in discord earlier this week.

Hopefully looking to confirm a release date within the next few weeks, then I can give you more information.
There has been a lot of radio silence because I started a new job in February, which has taken over a lot of my free time as well as resting etc since I'm still settling in. I've barely touched OMSI.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Just posting this here for visibility, I already posted it in discord earlier this week.

Hopefully looking to confirm a release date within the next few weeks, then I can give you more information.
There has been a lot of radio silence because I started a new job in February, which has taken over a lot of my free time as well as resting etc since I'm still settling in. I've barely touched OMSI.
Ah, that is great to hear! :D
Many thanks for the update, and good luck on your new job!

Advertisement

Looking forward to trying out the Veiling, especially the B7RLE! Take it easy and don't push yourself too hard!

EssexEclipse2

Your Local Thamesway Eclipse 2, from First Essex
May 28, 2018
Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK

Understandable. Everyone has other things outside of OMSI. Looking forward to drive the Eclipse 2 when it comes out in a few weeks time. Also, congratulations on your new job

Reactions: WG4699 and LT586
Jul 25, 2018

Great News! Must be relieving that your at the final point of the back. Good luck on release.
this is now where people get the tissues out to say pretty much a goodbye to the B7L which will become a lot less used when the pack launches

KernowKing's Workshop

King's Workshop - Repainter & General detail geek
Feb 28, 2017
London, UK
www.youtube.com
Think this is a fairly obviously assumed question (with the majority assumed answer being no), but I thought I'd ask just so it's clear, as a few people might assume that the answer could be an obvious yes due to the dual-door variants.

Are there any plans for a London variant of any Veiling vehicles, whether they be in this pack, another pack, or in a future update? Even if it's just a quick addition of some blinds, wayfarer and an iBus to the existing dual door variants.

(This question is somewhat playing Devils Advocate, Just wanted to clarify)

Advertisement

Jan 24, 2020
Are there any plans for a London variant of any Veiling vehicles, whether they be in this pack, another pack, or in a future update? Even if it's just a quick addition of some blinds, wayfarer and an iBus to the existing dual door variants.
There are irl Veiling (low emissions (e.g. hydrogen)) variants which have existed but none of the standard B7RLE or B8RLE specification with the variants mentioned at the start possibly added to a future pack

Think this is a fairly obviously assumed question (with the majority assumed answer being no), but I thought I'd ask just so it's clear, as a few people might assume that the answer could be an obvious yes due to the dual-door variants.

(This question is somewhat playing Devils Advocate, Just wanted to clarify)
I think it would be possible to add the powerblinds from the G3 to a dual door variant if you're good at scripting. Unfortunatley, not my level of expertiese.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread