Mapping - Can we set object render distance? (1 Viewer)

Solution
Unfortunately nothing is straight forward in OMSI, it's like they went out their way to make stuff long winded and difficult. And it has some very odd behaviours that are not obvious, too.
Yeah seems that way, I used to map with Hammer on the source engine so I'm used to it though. Would've been nice if the devs released the editor source code so we could upgrade the editor a bit.

Advertisement

You can cheat the system, by setting the origin of the object within the tile you want it to be visible from. That way it's visible even though the tile it *should* be on isn't loaded. That's how diaorama style backdrops work in some addon maps
What if I wanted it loaded on several tiles, would I have to make the object for each one and offset it for each one too?

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
What if I wanted it loaded on several tiles, would I have to make the object for each one and offset it for each one too?
Essentially, London has something like that for some iconic buildings. It's tedious, but the only way around it. I suggest studying the Chicago map, they make use of that method a lot. I will suggest having a lower poly version of the objects that are in the distance.

Essentially, London has something like that for some iconic buildings. It's tedious, but the only way around it. I suggest studying the Chicago map, they make use of that method a lot. I will suggest having a lower poly version of the objects that are in the distance.
Thanks, this is probably what I'll do. It's gonna be tedious doing all that maths though.

Unfortunately nothing is straight forward in OMSI, it's like they went out their way to make stuff long winded and difficult. And it has some very odd behaviours that are not obvious, too.
Yeah seems that way, I used to map with Hammer on the source engine so I'm used to it though. Would've been nice if the devs released the editor source code so we could upgrade the editor a bit.

Solution
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread