[Mapping] Ask the team (1 Viewer)

I'm Thinking about making a map called 'Brewood' and if anyone on this forum is from Wolverhampton you will probably Know of Brewood. At the moment my first route i'm thinking of including is the 878 between Brewood And Wolverhampton. Eventually i want to include the full route between Wolves and Stafford via Penkridge. If the map goes successful I might include Cannock. But i'm a beginner at map making so could anyone give any advice on how to build my dream map

Advertisement

Trident Fan

Brummie bus driver
Jun 17, 2017
I'm Thinking about making a map called 'Brewood' and if anyone on this forum is from Wolverhampton you will probably Know of Brewood. At the moment my first route i'm thinking of including is the 878 between Brewood And Wolverhampton. Eventually i want to include the full route between Wolves and Stafford via Penkridge. If the map goes successful I might include Cannock. But i'm a beginner at map making so could anyone give any advice on how to build my dream map

Best thing to do is just go in the map editor and just mess around with everything until you know what's what, I'm thinking about making a West Midlands area but more towards Dudley - West Bromwich

benhxrris

Creator of 'The Hamptons'
Jan 23, 2018
Hi all,
I am quite a few months into creating my own fictional LHD map ('The Hamptons') and have got to the point where I have started to notice a significant lack in traffic lights and 'complex' junctions. I am not great at the design element of things and was wondering if I can have some pointers on adding in some traffic lights, or if I would need to create my own junctions/invis junctions in Blender, etc..., and if so...where I could find a simple tutorial! I'd love to add some realism to my map such as roadwork traffic flow and signalled junctions...but just don't have the skills to do so at the moment!
Many thanks!

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I see in cotterell the junctions are a cube with paths connected to it and the cube has an arrow as to which direction to place it.

I don’t mind using splines and making a map just wish the editor was a little more expressive, you can’t draw like Blender and its tedious sitting there adding nought point per curve and spline to get it to line up Lol.

I wanted to expand on Cotterell but not sure which direction to take as I can’t top what’s done

liam703

Geordie boy
Oct 23, 2016
Hi everyone,
Last year I decided to try and make a map and found it quite difficult and lost interest. I was hoping to restart my map and restart, I was just wondering if you had any advice on making a map more detailed, adding junctions and any other general advice
Thanks!

Hello there guys I’m currently working on a project I just have a quick question for any that is into map creating. How did you set out what needs to be done first, e.g did you lay out the roads first or did you start with the scenery first or the road markings?
Just want some clarification so that I know I’m doing everything right.

kind regards

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread