Maps Western Counties (was Mapleshire) (1 Viewer)

Take a trip along the seafront, or take the windy mountain pass to Maple Hollow, or travel the scenic routes to Oakvale Village or even hold your own bus show at the Maple Hollow Showground.

with a number of bus lines* coming,

Vehicles to be used are E200MMC, ALX400 Regional/London, C400

The map is currently at 30-35% complete with lots of work still to do

FAQ:

Q. Can I be a beta tester?
A. No, I have people in mind

Q. How many bus routes will there be?
A. Not sure.

Q.When are you releasing it?
A. Dont Ask, Release date will be announceed when ready.

2020-01-19 (18).png

2020-01-20 (4).png

2020-01-20 (9).png

2020-01-20 (11).png

2020-01-21 (1).png

2020-01-21.png

2020-01-19 (21).png

2020-01-19.png

2020-01-20 (3).png

2020-01-20.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 14, 2016
Update 12th February 2020.

work is continuing on Shadowport which links Sandhaven to Shadowvale University Maple hollow by the 1.6 mile stretch of the A489 which will be a 50MPH stretch So that you can put your buses through their paces.

Shadowport has a mail sorting office aswell as a mixed use park which consists of some car dealerships.

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Update 12th February 2020.

work is continuing on Shadowport which links Sandhaven to Shadowvale University Maple hollow by the 1.6 mile stretch of the A489 which will be a 50MPH stretch So that you can put your buses through their paces.

Shadowport has a mail sorting office aswell as a mixed use park which consists of some car dealerships.
Sounds promising! :D

Nov 14, 2016
UPDATE 19/02/2020:

Work is progressing at a steady pace with a number of new areas coming into being these are: Shadowbridge, Shadowport and Shadowvale (Home to USH). Sandhaven Bus Station is getting an upgrade following feedback about bus stop placement (Screenshot shown below)

Mapleford Depot has benifited from an increase in space with the aidditon of 2 sheds.

Mapleford Hospital has taken delivery of 3 ambulances.

I am away this weekend so work will slow down.

1582129806870.png

Sandhaven Bus Station ^
1582129908963.png

MaplefordHospital ^
1582130218793.png

Mapleford Bus depot ^
1582130412849.png

Shadowvale University ^

Nov 14, 2016
UPDATE: 08/03/2020

Sorry for the lack of updates recently.

Oakvale Village has been expaned towards the River Maple. More station links have been established to allow for routes to be added at a later date.

A new area in Sandhaven has been created and is named Coastal View which the sightseeing buses will serve, these will run every 10 minutes between Sandhaven/Shadowbridge Boundary (Pavillion Shopping Centre) and Coastal View with.

Routes have not been finalised but I can say that route 99 will be the route between Sandhaven/Shadowbridge Boundary (Pavillion Shopping Centre) and Coastal View. Schollars Services (839/840) will run between Mapleford Depot, Aldmarsh Village and Oakvale High School the exact routes to be confirmed.

Reactions: thetrooper694

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
UPDATE 19/02/2020:

Work is progressing at a steady pace with a number of new areas coming into being these are: Shadowbridge, Shadowport and Shadowvale (Home to USH). Sandhaven Bus Station is getting an upgrade following feedback about bus stop placement (Screenshot shown below)

Mapleford Depot has benifited from an increase in space with the aidditon of 2 sheds.

Mapleford Hospital has taken delivery of 3 ambulances.

I am away this weekend so work will slow down.

View attachment 58387
Sandhaven Bus Station ^
View attachment 58388
MaplefordHospital ^
View attachment 58389
Mapleford Bus depot ^
View attachment 58390
Shadowvale University ^
For some reason, I didn't get a notification when you posted this...
What can I say, everything looks great!
I would change two things though. :)
1.) Add grass below trees. I realise everything's WIP but the trees standing on the cobbles looks odd.
2.) The university area looks good, but also, with the approximately 10m high wall around it, it looks a bit odd... maybe it would look better after you've added Flora, and/or maybe lowered the wall altogether.
Great work though! Really excited for this map! :)
UPDATE: 08/03/2020

Sorry for the lack of updates recently.

Oakvale Village has been expaned towards the River Maple. More station links have been established to allow for routes to be added at a later date.

A new area in Sandhaven has been created and is named Coastal View which the sightseeing buses will serve, these will run every 10 minutes between Sandhaven/Shadowbridge Boundary (Pavillion Shopping Centre) and Coastal View with.

Routes have not been finalised but I can say that route 99 will be the route between Sandhaven/Shadowbridge Boundary (Pavillion Shopping Centre) and Coastal View. Schollars Services (839/840) will run between Mapleford Depot, Aldmarsh Village and Oakvale High School the exact routes to be confirmed.
Sounds great! Love the fictional names, they sound very authentic! :D

Nov 14, 2016
For some reason, I didn't get a notification when you posted this...
What can I say, everything looks great!
I would change two things though. :)
1.) Add grass below trees. I realise everything's WIP but the trees standing on the cobbles looks odd.
2.) The university area looks good, but also, with the approximately 10m high wall around it, it looks a bit odd... maybe it would look better after you've added Flora, and/or maybe lowered the wall altogether.
Great work though! Really excited for this map! :)

Sounds great! Love the fictional names, they sound very authentic! :D

Thanks ???? forgot to add that the university is sort of on a plateau and the wall goes around the base of the banks that the university is built on, hence giving the allusion of it being a really tall wall.

With the trees on the cobbles which screenshot are they in?

all feedback is great fully received

Nov 14, 2016
update 10/04/2020

Work is progressing at a steady pace with more and more being added to the map.

Today saw Skittleborough Road link Maple Hollow to Winterbridge and Shadowvale University and the Hatchenbach expressway to Shadowport and Aldmarsh Village.

more developments coming aswell as screenshots

Attachments

• 2020-04-09 (9).png
    2020-04-09 (9).png
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
  • DraxtonMoorHouses.png
    DraxtonMoorHouses.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 31
  • MaplefordHighStreet.png
    MaplefordHighStreet.png
    3 MB · Views: 31
  • MaplefordTownCentre.png
    MaplefordTownCentre.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 26
  • SandhavenRoad.png
    SandhavenRoad.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
  • ShadowvaleUni.png
    ShadowvaleUni.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 25
  • ShadowvaleUniEntry.png
    ShadowvaleUniEntry.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
  • ShadowvaleUniExit.png
    ShadowvaleUniExit.png
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • ShadowvaleUniGates.png
    ShadowvaleUniGates.png
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • SkittleborughRoad.png
    SkittleborughRoad.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • WinterbridgeHighStreet.png
    WinterbridgeHighStreet.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • WinterbridgeSupermarket.png
    WinterbridgeSupermarket.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
  • Love
Reactions: Matfiej and ITS A11

Advertisement

Nov 14, 2016
Bit of a big update today, a number of areas have been reworked, these include Skirtington Road which leads to Mapleford business Centre. Maple Hollow showground has been renamed as Cedarwood Grove Showground.

Winterbridge is now Shadowvale City Centre (this has resulted in the creation of Shadowvale City Football Club) and the university has been likewise renamed to Pine Hill University which can be shortened to PHU.

A new housing development called Cefflyn Mews just outside of Aldmarsh Village (much to the disgust of local residents) is starting to be built, the area between Shadowvale City and Shadowport will be known as Shadowvale Moor.

The road between Shadowport and Shadowvale Moor will be known as the Iron vale expressway which for cars is a 70 mph road.

Safety signage has been created and installed into Mapleford Depot and operator signage has been added to all depots with exception to Shadowport

Sycamore retail Park is coming along nicely with only cars to be added to the large car park

Attachments

• 2020-04-20 (3).png
    2020-04-20 (3).png
    897.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 2020-04-20 (4).png
    2020-04-20 (4).png
    734.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 2020-04-20 (5).png
    2020-04-20 (5).png
    716.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 2020-04-20 (6).png
    2020-04-20 (6).png
    842 KB · Views: 27
  • 2020-04-20 (7).png
    2020-04-20 (7).png
    592.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 2020-04-12 (1).png
    2020-04-12 (1).png
    851.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Love
Reactions: Matfiej

BigOmsiFan

The Real Guy, The Best Guy, Known as ButteredToast
Mar 19, 2016
Blackpool
Looks like you're making some good progress! All i would suggest is that you vary the trees along roads a bit, when you connect them to the spline they will all be the exact same rotation and distance away from each other. Best way to do it is forget about connecting them to the spline and placing them individually, with a slight variation on height/type of tree, it can be time consuming but this little change makes quite a drastic difference.

Good luck with the rest of your build. :)

Nov 14, 2016
Update 01/05/2020

Work is again progressing nicely within the map there have been several new additions, Shadowport has had major changes resulting in a new 2 lane dual carriageway that links Shadowport to the inner areas of the map such as Oakvale Village, Aldmarsh Village, Maple Hollow, Shadowvale City Centre, Luxington* and Sandhaven.

The map now has a Town Gas Works, a Cemetery and a High Street (can you spot a theme?)

There will be quite a few routes on the map

2020-04-30.png

Gas Works

2020-04-30 (1).png

Cemetery Gates

2020-04-30 (2).png

Mapleford Bus Depot

Reactions: Matfiej and dps673
Nov 14, 2016
MAJOR UPDATE 17/05/2020*

Mapleshire becomes Western Counties
After much deliberation and looking at the quality of recently released maps, I took the decision to stop development of Mapleshire and restart with a new map known as Western Counties, this allows me to move away from the Maple Prefix place names and have a more vaired selection of place names, It has also allowed the squishing of bugs within AI Traffic not abiding by road rules.

The map will be loosely based off On the Buses routes and locations with aditional places from the original map I was creating. The following locations will be included in the new map:

1. Luxton Hospital
  2. Luxton Mail Delivery Centre & iKEA Luxton
  3. Luxton Bus Depot
  4. Luxton Fairview Estate (Near Depot)
  5. Luxton Gas Works 5
  6. Luxton Cemetery Gates
  7. Luxton High Street
  8. Mapleford
  9. Sandhaven
  10. Cedarwood Grove
  11. Shadowport
The following routes are confirmed at present:

10 -Luxton Depot to Luxton Mail Depot/IKEA - Luxton Hospital - Luxton Depot
11 Luxton Depot - Gas Works - Luxton Depot - Luxton Depot - Luxton Fairview Estate - Cemetery Gatew
12 Luxton High Street - Towns End Lane - Luxton High Street
13 Luxton Depot to Sandhaven via Fairview Estate - Luxton (Queens Park Flats) - Gas Works - A194 - Sandhaven Bauhaus - Sandhaven Seafront

and more to come

Advertisement

Nov 14, 2016
####### UPDATE 19/07/2020 ########

So I though I'd update you all on the progress of Western Counties, a new village has been created called Aldmarsh, it leads to the Gas Works and Ikea.

From the depot you go along the A494, which leads you to Fairview Estate which convenietnly connects to Western Counties hospital. after the hospital traffic lights you can turn either left or right with left taking you through Aldmarsh to the Gas Works, and turning right which takes you to Regent Way Business Park. Straight on will take you evenutally to Sandhaven with turnings for Carlin Gate Shops, PineView Farm and Pine Hill University. Another update soon.
2020-07-19 (6).png

Attachments

• 2020-07-19 (3).png
    2020-07-19 (3).png
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
Nov 14, 2016
update 24/10/2020

Work was progressing at a steady state, but has come to a halt,
1, because i cba at the moment
2, the constant berating of peoples map building skills on live streams has put me off carrying on with the map (it will NEVER be up to their standards)

Work may resume in the future but at the time of writing it wont be this year.

Thanks to the people who have supported me.

Reactions: ITS A11
update 24/10/2020

Work was progressing at a steady state, but has come to a halt,
1, because i cba at the moment
2, the constant berating of peoples map building skills on live streams has put me off carrying on with the map (it will NEVER be up to their standards)

Work may resume in the future but at the time of writing it wont be this year.

Thanks to the people who have supported me.

Don't worry dude, those people complaining are the ones that probably haven't even opened the Map Editor and seen just how complicated building a new map is...

You do you and dont feel pressured to complete, focus on yourself first, OMSI is just a game ????

• Haha
Reactions: reverseidle

Users who are viewing this thread