Map?

Etny

Elite Trucker
Jan 10, 2014
From what I read already it is of the United States of America starting in California.

Reactions: Muzz

sleak

Jan 20, 2014
On the west of USA will be quite nteresting views. If they make all that how it looks in real, it'll be awesome. Deserts, mountains and plains

Reactions: rookie trucker

capucinebuddy

Mar 21, 2014
I hope they do a detailed job on Loveland pass. Hopefully they include features such as the gas trucks not going through the tunnel and other attention to detail things like that.

jjj3444

Apr 12, 2014
I got a feeling they're doing it in stages cause the map is going to be larger than ETS2's which mean's D:. No ETS2 with ATS combined! Oh well.

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Yea I think it will be bigger map since there thinking about doing canda also

scanialoverr

Apr 1, 2014
SCS cannot do everything because North America is huge. If they map the whole North America it will take 100 years for the game to be released. An early access beta on steam would give the opportunity to the map authors to create maps which SCS cannot do. In that case I am really interested to see the results. We might see for example a promods version for ATS from the promods team since they are close with SCS.

Reactions: 4D1L

Poptart

Jan 21, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
SCS cannot do everything because North America is huge. If they map the whole North America it will take 100 years for the game to be released. An early access beta on steam would give the opportunity to the map authors to create maps which SCS cannot do. In that case I am really interested to see the results. We might see for example a promods version for ATS from the promods team since they are close with SCS.
I would imagine modders would be making maps as well as SCS making expansions like they did with Going East. I would not be surprised if mod authors made maps of Canada, Mexico, or even South America, similar to Promods and TSM. I agree with the early access bit, mostly because I am impatient and excited for the release :p

We can only hope, and dream for modded maps, Although (with Canada in mind), I wonder if mods will involve snowy roads, and snow storms. I really like what ETS2MP is doing with scripted mods, like the window rolling and double trailers, so maybe they can add physics to snowy regions, like skidding, and trailer sliding over stuff like black ice.

Reactions: James Hilliker

scanialoverr

Apr 1, 2014
SCS hasn't allowed scripting in ETS2 so I doubt that they have done scripting with ATS. If SCS used a scripting language like lua we can see so much better mods. Take a look here http://www.scssoft.com/jobs.php at the bottom it says
Code:
Alias Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Visual C++, MS Windows, gcc, linux.

Reactions: Poptart

James Hilliker

Jul 22, 2014
I would imagine modders would be making maps as well as SCS making expansions like they did with Going East. I would not be surprised if mod authors made maps of Canada, Mexico, or even South America, similar to Promods and TSM. I agree with the early access bit, mostly because I am impatient and excited for the release :p

We can only hope, and dream for modded maps, Although (with Canada in mind), I wonder if mods will involve snowy roads, and snow storms. I really like what ETS2MP is doing with scripted mods, like the window rolling and double trailers, so maybe they can add physics to snowy regions, like skidding, and trailer sliding over stuff like black ice.
i would love to see physics like that it would make the game so realistic and that is what i like about the truck simulator series the amount of work that has been put into the trucks and the realism of the landscape.

rookie trucker

Mar 8, 2014
I hope I5 is really good looking. like if you ever traveled on the highest point on I5 there's climbs, greads, desents. but its a really nice drive if your a trucker :) anyways. i hope they do something with that part of I5 in the game.

Trent_Real_Trucking

Jul 29, 2014
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
It wouldn't take 100 years, are you stupid? It would take about 8 years or less.

Caleb Ryan

Aug 2, 2014
All great Ideas and no I could not wait!!!! I so want this game and hope we can go to the actual city maybe even drive by my house :) but awesome Ideas for dlcs but dont give them too much ideas or they might decide to make it a dlc instead of already ingame content which would have to suck to pay for soo much dlc